Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I Sometimes Wonder What My Dog Thinks About "Daylight Saving Time"...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I Sometimes Wonder What My Dog Thinks About "Daylight Saving Time"... by Boondawg
Started on: 11-04-2019 09:33 PM
Replies: 22 (381 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 11-08-2019 12:28 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2019 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mean, why he gotta' wait, or be surprised, to eat?
But then I remember it's all make-believe.

"Yeah, join the party".
Yesterday I had to actually talk to someone.

I guess it really is a dogs life.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2019 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dog have us conned. They let us think we are smarter than them so we will give them free stuff.
They just figure you have been oversleeping because you don't know any better. They tried to get you up, but gave up out of pity.

They think we found the car in the woods and let it take us places because we are too lazy to walk. They like to go along, just for laughs.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2019 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Dog have us conned. They let us think we are smarter than them so we will give them free stuff.
They just figure you have been oversleeping because you don't know any better. They tried to get you up, but gave up out of pity.

They think we found the car in the woods and let it take us places because we are too lazy to walk. They like to go along, just for laughs.

Sweet!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2019 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's true. We did not domesticate dogs, they trained us.
The really smart ones, wolves and such know enough to keep their distance.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2019 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009
You see your dog sitting over there, staring at you? He knows you are talking about him.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

We did not domesticate dogs, they trained us.

Totally agree. However, there's at least one other species of critter that knows only too well how to handle humans... cats.

I had a semi-feral stray cat take control of my life a year and a half ago. I'm now completely under her spell. Dare I say it, I've been pussy-whipped.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-05-2019).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always fed my dogs at 9 am and pm. This coincides with the times I take my meds. I give them their meds at 9am. .For many years, if I don't get up to feed them, they will be sitting in front of me staring or whimpering. If they don't have a sense of time, they have to be counting the gongs on the grandfather clock to know the time, except they're a little off schedule for a while, each time the time changes.

Like Patrick, there's a neighborhood black feral cat that has taken to me. Comes every morning and evening to be fed then he's off. In times of stormy or cold weather, he might come in and spend the night or as has been for the past 4 days, curled up on the mat in the hall bath.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Like Patrick, there's a neighborhood black feral cat that has taken to me. Comes every morning and evening to be fed then he's off. In times of stormy or cold weather, he might come in and spend the night or as has been for the past 4 days, curled up on the mat in the hall bath.

Mine will come into the house to poke around, but she's adamant that she's let outside again. Even during sub-freezing weather last winter, she insisted on sleeping outside. I made a cozy bed for her inside of my dog crate on the back porch. My nickname for her is The Terminator. She's the most efficient rodent killing machine I've ever come across! Leaves me a "gift" every few days at my back door. Unfortunately, as she eliminates all the rodents from the neighborhood, she's started to move onto birds. I need to try and rectify this issue.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
General Lee... The baby shiatsu has decided that the clock change means I no longer have a pillow. He gets up on my side of the bed and rolls and pushes until about 3am he has completely taken it over and I get up for a smoke, then nap on the couch.

Things better reverse again in the spring !
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

General Lee... The baby shiatsu has decided that the clock change means I no longer have a pillow. He gets up on my side of the bed and rolls and pushes until about 3am he has completely taken it over and I get up for a smoke, then nap on the couch.

Things better reverse again in the spring !

Dogs are territorial and the very most important piece of ground is the bed. If you let him kick you out, he now owns you. I am not joking.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you should pee on your pillow so he knows it is yours.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That will just make the dog pee on it in response...I pee outside a lot more than inside (have lots of acreage) and every time I do one of the dogs comes along and sez "oh no you don't!" and he remarks it as his own territory.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I already got my revenge. Had him groomed on the weekend, but the girl just snipped a little on his head...

So now he is running around looking like that chihuahua at the end of Mars Attacks.

Kim is not happy with me.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

...every time I do one of the dogs comes along and sez "oh no you don't!" and he remarks it as his own territory.

I'm curious... do your dogs not see you as the pack leader? And if they do, is it normal dog behavior to try and override the pack leader's scent?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not privy to their thoughts Patrick, and considering some of the things I've seen them do and eat and lick, probably would never want to be either...

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-06-2019).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I'm not privy to their thoughts Patrick, and considering some of the things I've seen them do and eat and lick, probably would never want to be either...

We're still talking about dogs, right?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah...those too...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
I mean, why he gotta' wait, or be surprised, to eat?
But then I remember it's all make-believe.

I have always fed my dogs at 9 am and pm. This coincides with the times I take my meds.

@ Boondawg
What does your dog think when you lock him and your wife in the trunk of your car ? Who is happy to see you when you let them out ?

@ Boondawg and fierofool
What time do you give them water ?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always keep a large bowl of water down for the dogs and cat. All 3 will stand and drink at the same time but neither should come close to another when they're eating.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

knows only too well how to handle humans... cats.

Yeah, hell a few thousand years ago they had humans convinced they where gods!

Makes you wonder.. Whom really is the "pet" in these relationships, lol.

I love cats, got two at home, and about a dozen that live in my warehouse at work that i feed and take care of.

Love dogs too, had a German Shep growing up.. But more into cats these days.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Yeah, hell a few thousand years ago they had humans convinced they where gods!

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I always keep a large bowl of water down for the dogs and cat. All 3 will stand and drink at the same time but neither should come close to another when they're eating.

My salute to you sir. Do they have separate dining tables, .
At one time I had two dobies. They could eat out of the same food source (a 50lb bag I would just roll down as needed). Same with a five gallon bucket of water. I guess they shared because there was always some more.

I have been thinking about one thing (regarding this thread). Boondawg, shouldn't your dog be wondering why he gets to eat an hour earlier, ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He had four coons a cat and a hound dog
Stayed in the same house with him
They ate from his dinner table
Drank from his water bucket
Slept in the same bed with him
~ Tony Joe White

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors