Started on: 11-02-2019 12:47 PM
Replies: 127 (1904 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 01-14-2020 04:46 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a new one on me Ogre..I've never heard of that 'test'.

....you can replace your wiper
arms with new, pressure-adjustable arms and live, fresh wiper blades that
will mean a safe, clean wipe in any kind of weather. Ask your service man
to test your wiper arms next time you stop for gas.

I guess that pre-dates me as I have never known of any wiper arms that had adjustments on the tension springs...then too, I never worked as a gas station attendant either...

A Hemmings discussion here:
https://www.hemmings.com/bl...olbox-episode-three/

A patent application for the same or similar device..early 60s I think:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US3115035

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-07-2019).]

IP: Logged
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never seen OEM adjustable arms from any car maker. Only from ANCO to be a "universal" arm to fit many cars but w/ different wiper blade length.
ANCO now in just FM brand but back in 50's - 70's a believe sold "Door to Door" for shops like Snap-on etc. still does.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vaguely remember these displays at full service stations, but I know my dad didn't have one in his auto repair shop..
http://www.oldgas.com/forum...owflat&Number=586280
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by theogre:

I never seen OEM adjustable arms from any car maker. Only from ANCO to be a "universal" arm to fit many cars but w/ different wiper blade length.
ANCO now in just FM brand but back in 50's - 70's a believe sold "Door to Door" for shops like Snap-on etc. still does.

I don't know about that either, but there was some kind of IRS lawsuit over that whole wiperblade service thing...

https://books.google.com/bo...iper%20arm%20pressur e%20indicator&f=false
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll read the entire this later but seems to cover a lot of ANCO-"Dealer" contract etc.
I'm looking for original case and others that may have more info.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
I just read your description of how it "walks". That had to be a jarring ride, and comical to watch.

I have worked on three oil drilling 'walking' rigs.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen video of maryjane's dredge design as it moved along. I think it was in one of those monster machine segments.

Best I can describe it is to envision a person with no legs, using their arms and hands to lift their body up, swing their body forward then repositioning their arms and hands to repeat. The lifting arms and feet on both sides of the dredge operate in sync, lifting at the same time.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Walking dragline etc doesn't = rough ride. That will wreck the equipment often costing Many Millions of $ fast.

No-one guess this?
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

How about this...
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Walking dragline etc doesn't = rough ride. That will wreck the equipment often costing Many Millions of $ fast.

No-one guess this?
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

How about this...
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

I know what the first one is and I know I have seen the second, but I can't remember where.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bottle opener that allows you to keep track of your beer consumption
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

A bottle opener that allows you to keep track of your beer consumption

A beer tachometer!
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sensor on the end of the line for the gauge looks very similar to an o-2 sensor except that it measures pressures.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about this...
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Would like to know what it is, because I had one...didn't know what it was or what to use it for and ended up tossing it about 6 months ago.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2019 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No-one guess this?
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

How about this...
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Both are the tools of a proctologist?
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Both are the tools of a proctologist?
Funny but no...

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Is Exhaust pressure test to check block Cat, Muffler, etc. w/ Good = ~ 0.5 to 1.5 PSI
You simply replace most O2 sensors and run the engine.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

This is a version of the Emergency/Maintenance Key for some types of Elevator Doors.
If you find one give it to building manager or security manager. Don't give to most others that will lose it again or worse.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

It looks kind of like a tool for installing eyelets.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no.
hint..overall length is about 18" on this pair and the ball is approx 3/4" diameter.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-20-2019).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bullet mold for a ball and cap weapon?
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had a guess...but it was kinda corny.......and sort of cobbled together....so will let it ride!

HAGO!

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2019 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what it is, but I cheated.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to come back and divulge what it is. A bunion stretching tool. (no, they don't stretch the buniuon..they stretch the shoe.)

They have been around for a very very long time but still are used today, tho a little more fancy now.
The tool is inserted into shoes or boots with ball inside and ring outside the footwear on the side or top of said footwear . It's to form a hollow projection in the shoe leather to provide relief for the wearer that has corns or bunions.

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2020 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one, Found this at my father-in-laws place.

The silver colored pieces are different sizes and go into the base of the tool.

Good Luck!

Max
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea what that is Max, or what the standards (silver colored bars) would do to what looks like a dial indicator.
Are electrical leads to be connected to the knurled knobs?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-03-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea what that is Max, or what the standards (silver colored bars) would do to what looks like a dial indicator.
Are electrical leads to be connected to the knurled knobs?

I think there are seven silver colored bars of various thicknesses. One is in place beneath the clamp which is secured by the knurled knobs.

It appears that a rod, tube or something is placed on top of the silver bar and beneath the clamp. The device might measure the deflection of the rod/tube/other.

Could it be for precisely straightening a shaft?

I am thinking that the dial indicator slides back and forth to measure the deflection at various points and the black lever is used to gently bend the shaft.

Is it an arrow straightener?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-03-2020).]

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it an arrow straightener?

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner!!!

I didn't know what it was until I stumbled on the manual for it:

Great Job!

Max
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh..I see now..the silver bars have grooves in them for different diameter arrows?

Next?!?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next?!?

I posted this on the first page and no one even tried to guess.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because it was so ridiculously simple.
It's an adjustable knurled knob.

Next!?!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I feel I was denied certain need to know information.......you didn't tell us it came on a rag.......
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any thoughts on this one:

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like some kind of tubing bender.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I feel I was denied certain need to know information.......you didn't tell us it came on a rag.......

Only when the girlfriend is out of town.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It looks like some kind of tubing bender.

Yeah maybe Fuel line but looks big, maybe copper line.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think tubing bender. Looks to me, more like it may have something to do with rope, line, or wire.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a pretty standard tubing bender, but missing a handle

Looks like you may of found it in the yard. I am guessing it broke on the last user, and he tossed it out there in anger.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 01-08-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah...so it was only half of a tubing bender. Again, I feel I was denied certain need to.......

(I never worked with much tubing at all. Used steel reinforced hoses everywhere I could)
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still no guess on this? It is a very handy tool.

The items stored in the handle are for maintenance of the tool itself.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-08-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock