Started on: 11-02-2019 12:47 PM
Replies: 94 (1087 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-10-2019 12:15 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 440
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a new one on me Ogre..I've never heard of that 'test'.

....you can replace your wiper
arms with new, pressure-adjustable arms and live, fresh wiper blades that
will mean a safe, clean wipe in any kind of weather. Ask your service man
to test your wiper arms next time you stop for gas.

I guess that pre-dates me as I have never known of any wiper arms that had adjustments on the tension springs...then too, I never worked as a gas station attendant either...

A Hemmings discussion here:
https://www.hemmings.com/bl...olbox-episode-three/

A patent application for the same or similar device..early 60s I think:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US3115035

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-07-2019).]

IP: Logged

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 544
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never seen OEM adjustable arms from any car maker. Only from ANCO to be a "universal" arm to fit many cars but w/ different wiper blade length.
ANCO now in just FM brand but back in 50's - 70's a believe sold "Door to Door" for shops like Snap-on etc. still does.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I vaguely remember these displays at full service stations, but I know my dad didn't have one in his auto repair shop..
http://www.oldgas.com/forum...owflat&Number=586280

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

I never seen OEM adjustable arms from any car maker. Only from ANCO to be a "universal" arm to fit many cars but w/ different wiper blade length.
ANCO now in just FM brand but back in 50's - 70's a believe sold "Door to Door" for shops like Snap-on etc. still does.

I don't know about that either, but there was some kind of IRS lawsuit over that whole wiperblade service thing...

https://books.google.com/bo...iper%20arm%20pressur e%20indicator&f=false

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll read the entire this later but seems to cover a lot of ANCO-"Dealer" contract etc.
I'm looking for original case and others that may have more info.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 285
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwClick Here to Email cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
I just read your description of how it "walks". That had to be a jarring ride, and comical to watch.

I have worked on three oil drilling 'walking' rigs.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have seen video of maryjane's dredge design as it moved along. I think it was in one of those monster machine segments.

Best I can describe it is to envision a person with no legs, using their arms and hands to lift their body up, swing their body forward then repositioning their arms and hands to repeat. The lifting arms and feet on both sides of the dredge operate in sync, lifting at the same time.

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Walking dragline etc doesn't = rough ride. That will wreck the equipment often costing Many Millions of $ fast.

No-one guess this?
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

How about this...
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageClick Here to Email williegoatSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Walking dragline etc doesn't = rough ride. That will wreck the equipment often costing Many Millions of $ fast.

No-one guess this?
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

How about this...
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

I know what the first one is and I know I have seen the second, but I can't remember where.

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A bottle opener that allows you to keep track of your beer consumption

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageClick Here to Email williegoatSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

A bottle opener that allows you to keep track of your beer consumption

A beer tachometer!

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The sensor on the end of the line for the gauge looks very similar to an o-2 sensor except that it measures pressures.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about this...
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Would like to know what it is, because I had one...didn't know what it was or what to use it for and ended up tossing it about 6 months ago.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 302
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No-one guess this?
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

How about this...
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Both are the tools of a proctologist?

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Both are the tools of a proctologist?
Funny but no...

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Is Exhaust pressure test to check block Cat, Muffler, etc. w/ Good = ~ 0.5 to 1.5 PSI
You simply replace most O2 sensors and run the engine.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

This is a version of the Emergency/Maintenance Key for some types of Elevator Doors.
If you find one give it to building manager or security manager. Don't give to most others that will lose it again or worse.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock