Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Video - Stock C5 Corvette + Supercharger - what's it like to drive with 600HP?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Video - Stock C5 Corvette + Supercharger - what's it like to drive with 600HP? by DimeMachine
Started on: 10-31-2019 03:51 PM
Replies: 12 (266 views)
Last post by: DimeMachine on 11-23-2019 07:17 AM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A year ago I put a build thread series on my channel about all of the steps involved in adding a centifugal supercharger to a stock C5 Corvette. Since then I have received a lot of questions and comments from people wondering what it is like to daily drive a 600HP C5. I put together this video as an effort to show the things you will notice after completing single major mod like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEDO9SE3BA

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like great fun!
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Looks like great fun!

Thank you! Would be more fun if I was in AZ now..... Here in MN is it time for it to hibernate....
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
600 at the crank or the wheels?
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

600 at the crank or the wheels?

A smidge over 600 at peak at the crank. 525ish RWHP.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

A smidge over 600 at peak at the crank. 525ish RWHP.

That's got to be fun to drive. I have a 15 Mustang GT at the moment with advertised 435 crank hp. About ready to pull the trigger on the Roush phase two supercharger kit that's supposed to take it to 727 crank. I can only image what that will feel like. There is a dyno about 45 minutes away so I can do some before and after pulls.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2019 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool vid.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's got to be fun to drive. I have a 15 Mustang GT at the moment with advertised 435 crank hp. About ready to pull the trigger on the Roush phase two supercharger kit that's supposed to take it to 727 crank. I can only image what that will feel like. There is a dyno about 45 minutes away so I can do some before and after pulls.

Thank you!! I believe that the Roush kit will produce soo much torque down low that traction will be nonexistent - unless you are at the track with slicks. I would reconsider if it is mainly street driven and look at a turbo or centrifugal SC. Good luck with whichever one you go with!!

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 10-31-2019).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You will get stuck on the white lines at intersections a lot lol
I had a chance to get an 14 Mustang GT that was already done. But I wouldnt have been able to bring it to CA so I passed on it.

Thanks for the vid!!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
I had a chance to get an 14 Mustang GT that was already done. But I wouldnt have been able to bring it to CA so I passed on it.

I understand the reasons behind what you are saying but find it more than a little depressing.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2019 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Commiefornia
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Commiefornia

I knew there was a reason I did not move to California!
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Cool vid.

Thank you - appreciate the comment!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock