Started on: 10-29-2019 09:06 AM
Replies: 4 (152 views)
Last post by: DanDamage on 10-29-2019 05:08 PM
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are stock 5 spoke Chevy rims. Can I get away with pressure washing then sanding it down with a steel wool before spraying the black enamel?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get them as clean and smooth as you can. Use Dawn dish soap to help get them clean and consider a scotch bright pad over steel wool. Also consider wheel paint over general enamel
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2019 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best to pressure blast them clean. 30 pounds of C4 each should be about right. 😂
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After prep, but before paint, wipe down with isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol) and allow to dry in a warm area.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THANK YOU ALL! I remember I painted my poor 84 fiero calipers with a half ass tape job and no cleaning and it looked good from far for 2 years

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock