Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Ooohhh, So This Is The Singularity...Oooops.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ooohhh, So This Is The Singularity...Oooops. by Boondawg
Started on: 10-27-2019 09:57 PM
Replies: 9 (242 views)
Last post by: Steel on 11-01-2019 01:18 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-27-2019 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..and the stupid blank looks on their faces speaks volumes...
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

..and the stupid blank looks on their faces speaks volumes...

I know, its kinda sad.. I remember back when i was in college (keep in mind this is like 15 - 20 years ago too) I was walking through the food court, and naturally there are dozens and dozens of other students all over the place. Everyone was talking to someone, but as i looked around, i noticed nobody was talking to each other.. Everyone on the phone, talking to someone else, somewhere else. Also keep in mind this was before smart phones. So at least there was still vocal communication going on.

It was weird.. Can only imagine what it's like now. Now vocal communication is fading out, cause they're all on twitter and instagram.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 10-31-2019).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A striking image.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2019 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

A striking image.

Notice how all the people are not in color?
It’s almost like their gray lives are the gray print the robbots are reading.
The little bot is even coloring...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VASywEuqFd8

Yep, morons and it's going to get worse.

"Alexa, tell the refrigerator to tell the oven to preheat then cook the roast at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.."

Get up ya lazy son of a beech and turn the oven on your dam self.
The pussification of America continues..

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2019 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Yep, morons and it's going to get worse.

"Alexa, tell the refrigerator to tell the oven to preheat then cook the roast at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.."

Get up ya lazy son of a beech and turn the oven on your dam self.
The pussification of America continues..

Said the first man as he tamed a horse to keep from having to walk every damn where...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a big difference between "everywhere" (usually in scores or hundreds of miles and many hrs or days) ....... and walking the 'exhausting' distance of 'maybe' 10' ft to the oven so they don't have to get up out of their chair and stop their game, movie, or music..

Even at my age, unless I have to carry something (tools) with me, I'll still walk the fencelines rather than driving the truck, tractor or 4 wheeler.
I dam sure ain't going to call Uber to come get me and take me around the place or call siri/alexa to launch a drone and show me the fence even if I had a drone or an 'app' to do it..but, I do understand why so many people nowadays fall into that sedentary mode of life, and it's not because they are just too busy performing other necessary tasks..

Zager and Evans got the timeline way wrong.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-01-2019).]

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I threw out my smart phone.. was thoroughly disgusted with myself after I realized I was becoming like the other zombies. I don't mind posting from my PC, I only use it a few times weekly. But after I realized how much time I was wasting on that phone.. reading news, scrolling through stupid memes, chatting with people about the most ridiculous mind numbing stupidity.. had to stop. Back to VOIP phones I went and I no longer carry any cell phone. Now idea why I even started, caused more problems than anything. Nobody even wanted to make calls, always some txt chat. Felt like I was participating in that Idiocracy movie.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock