Started on: 10-26-2019 11:35 AM
Replies: 45 (953 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 11-14-2019 11:28 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2019 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have no use for leftist values. They are not welcome in our home.

I have called no other man, woman, or child my "enemy" due to political affiliation. ONLY when my freedoms are encroached upon do I sway towards that term. I decide, not anyone else. And that always begins with cutting off the flow of water.

Enjoy your day...
IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I wonder why nobody talks about intellect anymore?

Go ahead, talk about intellect. It could be an interesting discussion.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2019 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We don't need any of this **** .
In the late 80's through the 90's you could buy a light econobox that get 40-50mpg.
then the national highway safety dept. started mandating everything making vehicles, much heavier.
Think about it, If a 90-95 hp metro or Honda could get 45-55+mpg , today with turbo's the engine could be half the size as back then and get that power or more, and still get 55mpg or more, if the automakers were allowed to build a 2300 lb or less, car again.
All the safety crap added in the last 40 years has done nothing but give drivers bigger balls, I'm in a safety bubble 5 star vehicle, and I have to have insurance anyways, I'll drive like I'm in a formula 1 race.

Why with what is avail today we are not allowed to buy if we so choose a 1800-2100 lb car that has a 1 liter or less with a hair drier, that get 50-60mph or more.
It make the electric car a dead fish out of water instantly. And in the long run would be better for the environment and air, than the electric and it's batteries, you'd think the greenies would be all for it.

I like my big power high torque vehicles as much as the next petrohead, but for a daily, I'd rock a light car with a tiny engine that got 50+mph, as long as it wasn't a glorified motorbike with added bodywork.
A car about the size of a 90's civic, and with todays construction and alum. under a ton in weight. sign me up.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

It's incredibly easy on the brain to just stuff stuff into convenient little baskets.
That way, you don't have to take the time to actually consider anyone as an individual, with individual thoughts & actions, all of which they are individually responsible for.

Now-a-days, it seems more internally fulfilling for some to have enemies rather than a basic respect & understanding for the freedom of individual thought & ideas.
You know, that stuff we all brag about believing in as Americans!
As roughly half of us Americans PROUDLY call the other half The Enemy.

I wonder why nobody talks about intellect anymore?

I'm a big fan of individual rights that are followed closely by individual consequences. The lack of these are a huge part of the issues we are having in society. Regarding people being grouped, partly its the fact that individuals vote, in many ways they vote on what rules will be applied to the entire society, this of course causes some disagreements to become important in the minds of each individual. Many times the reason an individual claims they would vote a certain way doesn't weigh as heavily in the minds of those who disagree with them, as the perceived outcome of having a majority who would vote that way.

Talking about intellect in which manner? In this recent climate when many like to say we are all the same, (all the while treating people differently due to their skin color), the intellect question can be "touchy". Sometimes talking about intellect will begin to bring people to conclusions that not all indivuduals are at the same intellectual level. Which they aren't. Plus, many topics of contention on the main stream news seem designed to appeal to a knee jerk reaction by low intellect individuals.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-13-2019).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

We don't need any of this **** .
In the late 80's through the 90's you could buy a light econobox that get 40-50mpg.
then the national highway safety dept. started mandating everything making vehicles, much heavier.
Think about it, If a 90-95 hp metro or Honda could get 45-55+mpg , today with turbo's the engine could be half the size as back then and get that power or more, and still get 55mpg or more, if the automakers were allowed to build a 2300 lb or less, car again.
All the safety crap added in the last 40 years has done nothing but give drivers bigger balls, I'm in a safety bubble 5 star vehicle, and I have to have insurance anyways, I'll drive like I'm in a formula 1 race.

Why with what is avail today we are not allowed to buy if we so choose a 1800-2100 lb car that has a 1 liter or less with a hair drier, that get 50-60mph or more.
It make the electric car a dead fish out of water instantly. And in the long run would be better for the environment and air, than the electric and it's batteries, you'd think the greenies would be all for it.

I like my big power high torque vehicles as much as the next petrohead, but for a daily, I'd rock a light car with a tiny engine that got 50+mph, as long as it wasn't a glorified motorbike with added bodywork.
A car about the size of a 90's civic, and with todays construction and alum. under a ton in weight. sign me up.

True. My Saturn SL gets 43 hwy if I stay under 60mph, the econo Fiero did better. There were plenty of others.
I assume they'll have to go nuke on the powerplants if they want this electric utopia to happen, and they aren't fans of that.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Gas and diesel generators. 🤣

Rooftop solar panels on their homes and businesses. Crap like this makes me want to put an oil tank on my RV and van and a nozzle like NOS to MAKE them smoke. Or maybe just shop around for an old worn out car that smokes excessively on its own.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock