Started on: 10-16-2019 10:15 AM
Replies: 6 (255 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 10-17-2019 07:49 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Project Veritas" Hidden Camera Footage From Inside CNN

Some people are looking for new jobs.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They make no secret of their bias...

"Other releases during the “Expose CNN” rollout included calls from CNN President Jeff Zucker, who told staff to focus on impeachment news.

“What media company doesn’t make active decisions on coverage trends based on a number of factors (mainly money)?” asked a former CNN staffer who requested anonymity. “To think that any of them will be truly objective is delusional. The line being drawn between those decisions and Jeff Zucker’s personal feelings is very thin, in my opinion.”"
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

They make no secret of their bias...

"Other releases during the “Expose CNN” rollout included calls from CNN President Jeff Zucker, who told staff to focus on impeachment news.

“What media company doesn’t make active decisions on coverage trends based on a number of factors (mainly money)?” asked a former CNN staffer who requested anonymity. “To think that any of them will be truly objective is delusional. The line being drawn between those decisions and Jeff Zucker’s personal feelings is very thin, in my opinion.”"

I guess I have to agree, even though I don't want to. I "want" news to be 100% unbiased, but the reality is that the "media" have a product for sell and cater to those that pay.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I guess I have to agree, even though I don't want to. I "want" news to be 100% unbiased, but the reality is that the "media" have a product for sell and cater to those that pay.

You're right, but I don't ever really remember it being like that before.

If I remember CNN... perhaps even as late as the early 1990s. I felt back then they were still quite good. Their "product" was supposed to be superior news reporting because they had the budget to afford to send reporters into high risk areas to get the coverage that most of us wouldn't be able to ever see. I recall Bernard Shaw in Kuwait, reporting live about his experience being there as the USS Missouri rained Volkswagens down on Iraqi defensive positions, striking fear (and awe) into the locals.

Back then, they weren't completely nuts. I don't really watch CNN anymore, or even Fox News really (I almost exclusively watch One America News), but the last time I remember really watching CNN off and on was a few years ago when I was back living in Miami. My company had CNN on one of the TV screens in the hall. For almost two months, every time I walked by, they had wall to wall coverage about the missing commercial jetliner. Very quite literally, their coverage was 80% on the missing plane, which most other news organizations had moved on from, with perhaps a simple update where appropriate. Desperate and pathetic was what came to mind... it's not that the loss of people from this plane was unimportant, but there was other important news going on in the rest of the world too. It was very clear that they were gearing their news primarily for the "stay at home spouses" like as if it was some sort of soap opera.

If you guys ever get sick of the news, I'd highly recommend you consider One America News. It's conservative, yes... but only about 20% of the news is political. They literally cover more in 30 minutes than you might see in an entire day on any of the other news stations.

I was watching a news report the other day on MSNBC (since it just happened to be on), and the reporting was super dramatic. Every other word caused the reporter to shift his head as if he had practiced this in a mirror to provide the most dramatic effect for the viewer. The camera shifted, the reporter leaned in with one shoulder pointed forward and began speaking even more intently, just before handing it off to another reporter who started off almost in hysterics. I think they were talking about something with Trump and Rudi Guliani... I can't really remember, but the body language and vocals were so incredibly dramatic... I thought to myself, how could anyone actually watch this? I'd be so stressed out, even the person reporting it would likely be stressed out.

On the flip side, when I watch One America News with Peter Hussian, he speaks calmly, confidently, and doesn't use "leading" language. You'll never hear the words "blasted" or "excoriated" or any other ridiculous leading language. He literally just reports the news matter-of-fact, in a calm manner. Like how Walter Cronkite used to do it in the 60s and 70s.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
When the TV here is broadcasting any of the cable television News And Opinion programs--and I would put the Democratic Party debates in that category--it's NOT often that it's CNN.

So imagine some nondescript character from Central Casting being asked this question by Alex Trebek, what cable television channel is that TV most likely tuned into?

Click to show

Yeah, it's true. MSNBC and CNN are just like those Bibles in motel rooms. Most people don't read them, or watch them.
How is it that MSNBC and CNN are in every airport and many other public places ? The ratings say Fox News is the real leader in ratings at the home front.

If it wasn't for airports and other public places being tuned to news, their ratings would be more dismal.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2019 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
I "want" news to be 100% unbiased, but the reality is that the "media" have a product for sell and cater to those that pay.

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
You're right, but I don't ever really remember it being like that before.

Hmm.
"The pen is mightier than the sword". Think of all the "news" ORGANIZATIONS. The Hearst empire. (Patty Hearst, SLA hostage,).
Think of Rupert Murdoch.
There are others. Who founded Fox News ? Richard Ailes ?

Yes, they have something for sale. Their vision of the world as they would have it.

With media oversight being taken for granted in recent years, media concentration has been a trend that's been rolling along with few signs of stopping. As a result, many of your favorite media entities have been consolidated and all work under the same umbrella corporation. If you think, for example, one channel offers better content than the other, you might be surprised to learn that you've stuck with the same company and are just now loyal to another one of its assets.

Having singular enterprises in the media is a rarity these days. There's isn't just FOX anymore and there isn't just NBC. There's always something behind it and in this list of the world's top 10 media conglomerates.

Eh, the last two paragrephs were cut and paste.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock