Started on: 10-01-2019 10:55 PM
Replies: 39 (647 views)
Last post by: randye on 11-20-2019 05:48 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if it tastes anything like a real hamburger, it'll just confuse the hell out of their regular customers.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God told Noah to save steak not lettuce......
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll stick with a big, greasy, triple burger from Wendy's.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
⚠️ Is funny, in the sad way, that people thinking eating Very Heavy processed plant crap is healthier that anything else.
What's more that this, "Impossible Burger," etc. have "secret recipes" that no-one is allowed to see including US FDA and others. Only product and the bulk of ingredients of whatever made of. They are basically a version of Soylent Green.
⛑ People w/ allergies, food or otherwise, should worry eating them regardless of the hype push by the makers and others.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

⚠️ Is funny, in the sad way, that people thinking eating Very Heavy processed plant crap is healthier that anything else.
What's more that this, "Impossible Burger," etc. have "secret recipes" that no-one is allowed to see including US FDA and others. Only product and the bulk of ingredients of whatever made of. They are basically a version of Soylent Green.
⛑ People w/ allergies, food or otherwise, should worry eating them regardless of the hype push by the makers and others.

Oh. I so agree with this.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-02-2019 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stuff is basically dog food minus the meat byproducts.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather eat lettuce that tasted like steak.

Wait - portabella mushrooms!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-02-2019).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2019 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
⚠️ Now Dunkin' is pushing crap called "Beyond Sausage" made by Beyond Meat Inc.
Currently it seems only shows up as a popup on Dunkin' main site w/o food data in the menu pages.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2019 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of these scientists and engineers are trying to figure out how to make plants into hamburgers.
If they make a machine that does that, replicates itself and also produces a substance that would help the plants grow, they might have something.

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah burger king is doing the same thing with their veggie whopper..

These fast food companies arent doing this to have a "healthier menu"..

They are doing it because its cheaper than real beef (or whatever that processed "meat" garbage they where using) ...

Want to eat healthy, then just don't eat the "food" those places are selling.

I literally have not eaten fast food since my early 20's.. I'v NEVER missed it at all..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 11-12-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I take no issue with vegans, vegetarians, or the capitalist exploiting their stupidity. My kid tried this diet and talked the wife folk into it. They had me making all kinds of faux crap. Macaroni and cheese. Veggie burgers. Whatever it was... It was TONS of ingredients to try and mimic what they really wanted. I do the majority of cooking and it was more work than anything. I told them I would just make them vegetables for them along side whatever protein I was making and they could eat it as is. This rectified the situation. The faux meals, were nothing close to the real thing. They both like vegetables and fruits more than me anyway. I've noticed with most people that LOVE salad, they tend to love the accoutrements that go along more than anything. All that said. Nothing you can eat at those places is healthy.

Google search: salad mcdonalds
730 calories
The salad contains more than 730 calories, 53 grams of fat, and 1,400 milligrams of salt, according to McDonald's nutritional information

Who the hell has ever made a salad at home with those kinds of levels?

I don't know if including the R&D it is actually cheaper than beef. Maybe eventually. I don't understand the movement whatever the case may be honestly.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

These fast food companies arent doing this to have a "healthier menu"..

They are doing it because its cheaper than real beef (or whatever that processed "meat" garbage they where using) ...

Want to eat healthy, then just don't eat the "food" those places are selling.

I literally have not eaten fast food since my early 20's.. I'v NEVER missed it at all..
Is Not Cheaper then Beef. The companies that make this garbage gets a premium price for the heavily process products.
And Yes, they are Not Healthy foods.

Example: BK's Impossible™ WHOPPER® has far less Cholesterol but More Salt Carbs and Sugar then a normal WHOPPER®
From https://www.bk.com/menu/search-by-nutrition
code:
Name		Cal	Fat	Sat	Trans	Chol	Sodium	Carb	Fiber	Sugar	Protein
WHOPPER® 660 40 12 1.5 90 980 49 2 11 28

IMPOSSIBLE™
WHOPPER® 630 34 11 0 10 1080 58 4 12 25

And that's ignoring whatever crap is made to produce the veg patties that may trigger Allergies. And ignoring plant and animal proteins are Not the same even tho nutrition data doesn't include this and vegan/vegetarian cults say both are =.

The Chains sell this to Pander to Vegan and Vegetarian BS that's attacking every business that does bend to their will. Note too that most only have this on Top Dollar menu items or only 1 or 2 items. BK and other might make a custom item w/ veg patties but you will often pay for this option.
Is related to suing McD and others for selling Fries w/ Beef Tallow in the fry oil + cooking Fish Chicken etc. in same oil because is Not Pure Vegetarian Fries ignoring McD et al never said it was.
Is only a matter of time before smaller chain like WaWa add this crap to their menu.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Chains sell this to Pander to Vegan and Vegetarian BS that's attacking every business that does bend to their will.

Isn't it about free choice, and what the market decides? If enough people want it, give it to them. I'm not interested in fake meat myself, but who am I to prevent others from gaining access to it?

Once a week after playing hockey I go to the nearby Wendy's and get a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger with a Sour Cream and Chives Baked Potato and a Seniors (60+) Coffee... costs a grand total of $4.80(Cdn). Such a deal. That's my beef for the week. The rest of the time it's usually chicken.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had a reaction at a very upscale place and they wouldnt tell me what was in the food. I even called corporate and asked them and they wouldnt tell me.
Guess if if would have been worse they could have found it in the autopsy
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2019 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beef stroganoff tonight. Third beef related meal in as many days.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 11-12-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Example: BK's Impossible™ WHOPPER® has far less Cholesterol but More Salt Carbs and Sugar then a normal WHOPPER®

I was in Burger King today. Whopper, $4.69. Impossible Burger, $5.69.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I was in Burger King today. Whopper, $4.69. Impossible Burger, $5.69.

Wow, I had no idea the prices in those big chains had gone up that much. Why does anyone eat there? You can get a damn good burger with all the fixings for $10-12 bucks, served on a real plate by a pretty girl, instead of a paper bag by a gangster punk.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-12-2019).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Isn't it about free choice, and what the market decides? If enough people want it, give it to them. I'm not interested in fake meat myself, but who am I to prevent others from gaining access to it?

Once a week after playing hockey I go to the nearby Wendy's and get a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger with a Sour Cream and Chives Baked Potato and a Seniors (60+) Coffee... costs a grand total of $4.80(Cdn). Such a deal. That's my beef for the week. The rest of the time it's usually chicken.
There is no "free choice" for businesses facing boycotts and sued by vegans etc. Plus most BK etc are Franchisees that must carry this whether or not it sells in their area.

This is the Food Word equivalent of Force PC by anyone w/ an axe to grind.
Never mind most business now bend over for anything negative posted on YT FB etc. and often doesn't look to see if a claim is true.

Knowing McD BK and others precook most foods then can sit for hours... How does the plant crap last sitting in a heated box?
Many items already have problems because of this fact. Worse for low volume items like many chicken and fish items sold in McD etc.
Example: BK Original Chicken and other are ok when cook fresh but many you get are very dried out sitting in drawer waiting to sell.
If plant patties are heated to long,,, Does it degrade to be Toxic? Carcinogenic?
I'm guessing they should throw out many high $ plant patties each weeks but some stores "Violate" policy and try to sell "out of time" foods, even reheat them.

Wendy's burgers go from grill to bun but all fried chicken is likely precook and stored. Grilled Chicken maybe same way. I haven't eaten at Wendy's for years.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is no "free choice" for businesses facing boycotts and sued by vegans etc.

This is the Food Word equivalent of Force PC by anyone w/ an axe to grind.

I've no "axe to grind", nor any (hot)dog in the fight, as I don't eat any of this veggie burger stuff... but I gotta say, I find it extremely difficult to believe that fast food chains are only carrying these plant based products due to their fear of facing boycotts and/or of being sued by vegans. Sounds to me like fake news about fake meat. Any relevant links?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-13-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Such a big deal about cholesterol....

Bonus points for whoever tells me what our cells consume to produce energy....
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
Bonus points for whoever tells me what our cells consume to produce energy....

Beer !

Wait, do you take away points for the wrong answer ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Beer !

Wait, do you take away points for the wrong answer ?

Right or wrong, beer is always the answer!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beer does have an effect on cells......

-10 for a wrong answer, but +10 for beer, so I guess it's a wash.....
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2019 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beer does have an effect on cells......

-10 for a wrong answer, but +10 for beer, so I guess it's a wash.....

Things can be washed with beer?! Whodathunkit?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things that can be washed with beer....
Pizza
Burgers
Pretzels
French Fries (can use as a batter)
Fish (also as above)
And the list could go on...

But what do cells use as their source of energy?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Things can be washed with beer?! Whodathunkit?

You not only sound like someone who has not ever fallen off the wagon, I doubt you ever got on one, .

Do you ever wash your hair ?

Remember These Shampoo Brands of the 1970s?

Body on Tap

Bristol-Myers introduced a beer-based shampoo, Body on Tap, in 1978. The product contained one-third beer…Budweiser, to be exact.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35768 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Things that can be washed with beer....
Pizza
Burgers
Pretzels
French Fries (can use as a batter)
Fish (also as above)
And the list could go on...

But what do cells use as their source of energy?

Three beers wash down a good thirst.

In answer to your question, guessing (I think you made it obvious), cholesterol.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ding, ding, ding!
We have a winner!

What part of the cell uses the cholesterol to produce energy?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mitochondria

I thought they metabolized sugar, though.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-14-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Willie, I am wrong and you are right.

Just did some reading about ATP and cholesterol....it seems science has advanced some since my college days.
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2019 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Qdoba is on board now too:

Turn up the flavor with our NEW Impossible Fajita Burrito or Bowl! Our uniquely seasoned Impossible plant-based protein is paired with fajita veggies that are hand-sliced and sautéed in-house, all on a bed of cilantro lime rice and black beans. Then for the ultimate flavor combination, it's topped with corn salsa and a light drizzle of our savory tortilla soup!

No matter to me. I am going to stick with meat.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've no "axe to grind", nor any (hot)dog in the fight, as I don't eat any of this veggie burger stuff... but I gotta say, I find it extremely difficult to believe that fast food chains are only carrying these plant based products due to their fear of facing boycotts and/or of being sued by vegans. Sounds to me like fake news about fake meat. Any relevant links?
Do you live under a rock? YT FB etc and News Worldwide are full of "Protests" and worse by Vegans, PETA, and others costing Companies Many Thousands to Millions each year.
This just in...
Burger King is being sued by a group of vegans who complain their meat-free Impossible Whoppers were cooked on the same grill as regular beef patties in Atlanta GA

Vegan activists invade McDonald's in protest against 'speciesism' before security guards drag them out in front of stunned diners in UK

McD case above from 2002... McDonald's Settles Beef Over Fries CBS

Then add many companies get slammed as racists etc like Starbucks that close all stores for "re-education" last year. just google: philly starbucks incident
After companies "re-educate" workers, many workers just get fired for any problem real or not to "make a statement" to MSM and other News outlets.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you live under a rock? YT FB etc and News Worldwide are full of "Protests" and worse by Vegans, PETA, and others costing Companies Many Thousands to Millions each year.

Fast food chains carry plant based burgers hoping to profit off the "Vegans, PETA, and others"... just as they carry meat based burgers hoping to profit off you and I.

None of your links apply to my earlier comment.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that fast food chains are only carrying these plant based products due to their fear of facing boycotts and/or of being sued by vegans. Sounds to me like fake news about fake meat.

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fast food chains carry plant based burgers hoping to profit off the "Vegans, PETA, and others"... just as they carry meat based burgers hoping to profit off you and I.

None of your links apply to my earlier comment.
Yes the companies want to make money... You ignore that Many things sold are "Loss Leaders" and make little money or even losing money. The Plant Patties are a PR "Statement" for them to "Prove" they "Care" regardless of numbers sold at each Franchisee.

Did you read McD or BK suing by vegans etc...
In short the suit wants Money and BK's Impossible™ WHOPPER® must be cooked on a Separate or "sanitize" grill to "avoid contamination" by any meat/chicken product. Is likely to expand to including all equipment and people handling this crap. IOW Is garbage is now trying to = Kosher/Halal Foods that often must have separate equipment and all the way to the table. And will happen to others carrying the same things because most Dunkin et al store don't have multiple grills and other equipment or "sanitize" them before cooked a few Plant Patties.

McD had to change the menu and more for Company Own and Franchise stores to settle the suit ageist them to cater to a few people.

Just getting sued by every crackpot "victims" cost companies Millions of $ per year. That's On Top of Real Claims w/ Real Issues causing Injuries or Death to workers and/or customers.
Or Go bankrupt like Biltz did for "Victims" pouring gas on fires etc. after settling a suit then get sued more by others mostly by fools doing same crap.

I'm surprise that every place that have Bacon for decades haven't be sued because some groups can say everything is "contaminated" by pork cooked on same grill.
Or 5 Guys, ice cream/candy stores and others having Peanuts and other Nuts anywhere on the property haven't been sued to remove them from all of the stores. 5 Guys have peanut trash on just about everything no matter how much they clean because of "free" peanuts of customers and peanut oil for Fries. Most Beach towns and more have Thrasher's Fries and more w/ peanuts and nuts contaminating everywhere nearby the places too because many customers drop the product on everything.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or 5 Guys, ice cream/candy stores and others having Peanuts and other Nuts anywhere on the property haven't been sued to remove them from all of the stores. 5 Guys have peanut trash on just about everything no matter how much they clean because of "free" peanuts of customers and peanut oil for Fries. Most Beach towns and more have Thrasher's Fries and more w/ peanuts and nuts contaminating everywhere nearby the places too because many customers drop the product on everything.

I've had a very bad peanut allergy my entire life. It's potentially life-threatening. I made the mistake a few years ago of buying/eating fries from a specially french fry eatery. I had no idea they used peanut oil in their deep fryer. That was not a good evening.

As someone with a severe sensitivity to certain foods, I don't wish to make these foods unavailable to anybody else... but I do believe it should be mandatory for restaurants and cafes to at least make it known if there's a chance of cross-contamination in their food preparation area. No lawyers would be required... I'd just go elsewhere to eat.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-19-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I made the mistake a few years ago of buying/eating fries from a specially french fry eatery.

You see now, there's the problem. Toads eat flies, not fries!
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've had a very bad peanut allergy my entire life. It's potentially life-threatening. I made the mistake a few years ago of buying/eating fries from a specially french fry eatery. I had no idea they used peanut oil in their deep fryer. That was not a good evening.

As someone with a severe sensitivity to certain foods, I don't wish to make these foods unavailable to anybody else... but I do believe it should be mandatory for restaurants and cafes to at least make it public knowledge if there is any chance of cross-contamination in their preparation area. I'll just go elsewhere to eat.
Yup. Many place don't have them at all. Some others do have such "warnings" but most are only online not in the store or not easy to find there. 5 guys has a list online but only maybe Peanut warning in stores that I've seen.

More confusing BK and some others use different search methods to find "safe" foods. Nice idea but doesn't help most buyers in the store. Many don't work in some devices or browsers to view them. I'm not sure that even McD Kiosks have Allergen data in/on them for you to see.

BK Web site you have to dig to find data then select what is bad. Dig? Seem is only an offshoot of the menu link at bottom of page.
If you select all... Only drinks are listed.
Peanuts? including equipment made on/in... Seems Most items are safe there.
Soy? Then No meat and..... the..... Impossible™ WHOPPER®
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

You see now, there's the problem. Toads eat flies, not fries!

Yeah, I should've stuck with the Fly Fricassee.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mock Meat proponents push the plant stuff claiming that it is "healthier" than animal meat. These are the very same chuckleheads that cry about GMOs as though they're akin to Ebola virus.

The fact that the bogus beef contains genetically engineered leghemoglobin which has NOT been cleared by the FDA seems to not concern them at all.

As someone on PFF observed; "Morons abound"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-20-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock