Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  'wrong apt' former Dallas PD officer found guilty of murder (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
'wrong apt' former Dallas PD officer found guilty of murder by maryjane
Started on: 10-01-2019 06:20 PM
Replies: 59 (947 views)
Last post by: DanDamage on 10-29-2019 05:12 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not over till it's over ?

About a week ago, a witness in the trial was found shot to death in the apartment complex's parking lot which he shared with both the victim and the police woman. I have no clue to his testimony.

Also, an Athiest group is suing the Judge for giving the convicted defendant a Bible after sentencing.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The victim (the witness) didn't see the shooting and had only met Botham Jean once, and that was earlier the same day of the shooting.
https://www.nytimes.com/201...-guyger-witness.html
From that article, it's reasonable to believe he was killed not for what he testified about, but because his testimony on live TV exposed his whereabouts to people that had a previous beef with him.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2019 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where can I get a silencer that get the gun down to 20 db?
links please.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Sorry maryjane, that is simply incorrect. The silencer might drop the sound level by 20 db, but not down to 20 db. That is less then normal background noise in a quiet area. So if your rifle was 150 db, it might drop it to 130 db. For most guns, they still suggest you wear hearing protection while shooting them silenced.

Originally posted by maryjane:

Thanks..I meant to type 'by' and not 'to' for that portion of the reply.
For subsonic rounds tho, the drop is way more noticeable.

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Where can I get a silencer that get the gun down to 20 db?
links please.

Reading...or comprehension problem?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Dallas PD says the dead witness is a result of a drug deal gone bad.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/20...a-brown-murder-case/
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2019 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reading...or comprehension problem?

I read your post just fine. missed the other two.
after it.
guy that posted up false info, asking if someone else has reading/comprehension problems.

I'm sorry, I missed the other two post. and it looks like if the other guy didn't correct you, you'd have not fixed your 20db post.(well you still haven't.)
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2019 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Silencer/noise suppressors reduce the decibel levels...significantly.
It's flash suppressors that make it difficult to determine where the shooter is located...as well as reducing recoil.
A suppressor reduces the sound from around 150 -180 db to about 20 db.
But yes, the only way to fully reduce the sound of a gunshot is to use sub-sonic ammo with a noise suppressor , which a lot of people do use nowadays.
One of the DFW PFF members here at my place a few years ago. (disregard the white arrow on the rifle Blakeinspace is holding..it's to signify something unrelated to discussion)

yup, still there.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess I'll run right over there and fix that typo just as soon as you go back and fix all your run-on sentences, lack of punctuation, absence of capitalization, syntax errors and crappy sentence structures.

Yeah..that's what I'll do this morning. I'll get right on it.
And there you go.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-09-2019).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
E.Frugal, someone gave you a NEG because the delta is over to the left and red. You've got to stop pissing people off. You have a positive by me already, so I can't help you. But you're probably literally 1 or 2 votes away from getting banned.

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

E.Frugal, someone gave you a NEG because the delta is over to the left and red. You've got to stop pissing people off. You have a positive by me already, so I can't help you. But you're probably literally 1 or 2 votes away from getting banned.

He is no where even close to being banned.

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 10-09-2019).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2019 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Meh, members here, post false info, and when called on it, neg those that pointed it out.
I can't stop that.
Hell, my commenting that if the area was so populated, why no 911 calls of shots fired. cuz, after the 2nd shot, someone would've called it in. I'ts not july 4th week.
Then posted is google maps and that a silencer will knock the sound wave down to 20 dp.
I expect that type of bad gun info from anti gun folks. but.

The guy clearly didn't know he had hit the thug, That comment got a reply of the lighting in a populated area you'd know, you know the fire arms expect had spoken, then post the silencer .
I wasn't there, nor was anyone else commenting here.
but the out line
he clearly didn't know he hit him
well the lighting in that area it would not be pitch black,
then google maps
Then if that area is that populated, why no one call 911.
that started the silencer comments.
If members want to neg someone because their opinion/thought are not the same , hell I only asked for a link to a silencer that take the sound wave down to 20 db.
I didn't go on a rant on how stupid that is.
The funniest part is those that claim to be conserve. and point to the liberals try'n to silence conserv's.
The members that "claim" to be conserv's, will do what they can to silence . odd dontcha think.

His, reply about my posting grammar, told the tail. As most folks into guns would as soon as it was pointed out, fixed the wrong data in their post.
Cuz, when you go after grammar, you are out of bullets
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2019 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yellow Bullets?
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meh, members here, post false info, and when called on it, neg those that pointed it out.
I can't stop that.
Hell, my commenting that if the area was so populated, why no 911 calls of shots fired. cuz, after the 2nd shot, someone would've called it in. I'ts not july 4th week.
Then posted is google maps and that a silencer will knock the sound wave down to 20 dp.
I expect that type of bad gun info from anti gun folks. but.

The guy clearly didn't know he had hit the thug, That comment got a reply of the lighting in a populated area you'd know, you know the fire arms expect had spoken, then post the silencer .
I wasn't there, nor was anyone else commenting here.
but the out line
he clearly didn't know he hit him
well the lighting in that area it would not be pitch black,
then google maps
Then if that area is that populated, why no one call 911.
that started the silencer comments.
If members want to neg someone because their opinion/thought are not the same , hell I only asked for a link to a silencer that take the sound wave down to 20 db.
I didn't go on a rant on how stupid that is.
The funniest part is those that claim to be conserve. and point to the liberals try'n to silence conserv's.
The members that "claim" to be conserv's, will do what they can to silence . odd dontcha think.

His, reply about my posting grammar, told the tail. As most folks into guns would as soon as it was pointed out, fixed the wrong data in their post.

Blah, blah, blah.

One person had the responsibility to call the police.

As a responsible gun owner/ law abiding citizen, if YOU shoot at someone (knowingly hitting them or not) YOU should call the cops.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2019 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Now we have Texas officer who fatally shot woman in her home is charged with murder

One officer approached a closed first-floor window and shined a flashlight inside, then quickly raised his gun.

"Put your hands up! Show me your hands!" he yelled. A moment later, he fired through the window. He did not identify himself as an officer in the footage.

"A moment later"?

The video has been released and he barely even finished saying "hands' before he fired.
Must have been a very minute moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkrFuzqHow

At least the 12 yr old named Tamir Rice got a whole 2 seconds between the time police rolled up and he was shot dead.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-16-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"A moment later"?

The video has been released and he barely even finished saying "hands' before he fired.
Must have been a very minute moment.

Ok. (I guess I couldn't see what your link portrayed.)

Let's see if I have this right. She was baby sitting her 8 year old nephew. They were up at 2:30 AM playing video games. The windows were not 'curtained'.

Am I doing good so far ? The officer (who should have identified himself, I am not going to second guess) said "show me your hands".

Reports I have heard say that the nephew said that his Aunt heard noises and grabbed a gun then looked outside.

From your link.

"Put your hands up! Show me your hands!" he yelled. A moment later, he fired through the window. He did not identify himself as an officer in the footage.

Your link mentioned more than one officer that were "prowling around".

Perhaps I am wrong.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Yes, there was more than one police officer there.
Watch the video at 10 thru 15 seconds. He never identifies himself as police. You need the sound up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkrFuzqHow
Getyourhandsup ShowmeyourhandsPOW!"
Read it quickly...It happened exactly that fast
Another youtbe video of the same police bodycam video. The shooting takes place at the very beginning of this one.

She was in a place she had every legal right to be, doing what she had every legal right to do and is dead now.
From WFAA Dallas:

The arrest affidavit released Tuesday, which reiterates the fact that Dean never identified himself as a police officer, says Jefferson's 8-year-old nephew told police that because she heard "noises coming from outside...she (Jefferson) took her handgun from her purse....pointed it toward the window." Because of that, CaƱas says the officer might try to claim self-defense. But he doesn't think it will fly.

"What I said is what he's going to say. But I don't think it's going to necessarily save him in court. Because she did have a right to be in her house. She did have a right to have a firearm in her house. From her perspective, there are noises outside her window in the middle of the night. It's totally reasonable for her to have that gun."

The other officer at the house with Dean that night says in the arrest affidavit that she "could only see Jefferson's face through the window when Officer Dean discharged his weapon." In the body camera video you can see Jefferson briefly, her arms at her side. A gun is not visible.

https://www.wfaa.com/articl...5f-8ebd-7750efb232e5

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-16-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She was in a place she had every legal right to be, doing what she had every legal right to do and is dead now.

I would be dead too. I am not excusing the officer, nor trying to make mitigating circumstances for him. If someone yelled "police, drop your weapon", I would have to have visual to be sure it was.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh..the irony. Only by the grace of God and poor marksmanship is this Dallas police officer's son still alive...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/...-shoots-son-intruder
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2019 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off topic Frugal still has a positive from me and I haven't logged on in years. Cheers!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock