Started on: 07-07-2019 12:13 PM
Replies: 24 (440 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 07-13-2019 07:04 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.breitbart.com/p...mer-didnt-feel-safe/

A Tempe, Arizona, Starbucks ejected a group of six uniformed police officers who were enjoying their morning coffee because one customer complained to the management that they “didn’t feel safe” with the police officers present.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2019 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drag Queen Story Hour. Nothing else stuns me anymore.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have never been a fan of high priced coffee shops but, I may have to visit a Starbucks just so I can say I was in one before they go under from all their stupid “Left leaning” crap.

Oh hell, what am I thinking, I hope they go under before I even see one.

Rams
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do visit a Starbucks, be sure to drive your Bradley. Maybe a drive-through cup of coffee.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And you know what? When somebody comes in and robs the place, the cops are still going to show up and do their job just the same as if it were Duncan Donuts, which I have heard has MUCH better coffee.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19599 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by blackrams:

Have never been a fan of high priced coffee shops but, I may have to visit a Starbucks just so I can say I was in one before they go under from all their stupid “Left leaning” crap.

Oh hell, what am I thinking, I hope they go under before I even see one.

Rams

I have never been in a Starbucks, but there is one inside the Safeway around the corner. Every time I go to Safeway, my phone asks me, "How did you like Starbucks?". I have always ignored it in the past, I think I am going to start answering them.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What they NEED to do is ask the employee if she came from California. If so, that explains the ignorance.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**** Starbucks I will make my own from now on.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2019 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Snowflake.....

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I have never been in a Starbucks, but there is one inside the Safeway around the corner. Every time I go to Safeway, my phone asks me, "How did you like Starbucks?".

I've stopped in a two or three Starbucks, but just to pee. If my phone asked me afterwards how I liked it, I'd have to tell it its asking for too much information!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im not a big fan of cops, BUT as I see it someone needs to sue the crap out of Starbucks for discrimination. Ive never drank coffee myself, it even looks nasty like poop water. But if thats what millennials and other upity groups want to waste their money on, I fully support their right to do so. I once pointed out to someone complaining about the cost of gas...who was buying a case of bottled water...that he was paying over $5 a gallon for FREE water, almost double the cost of his gas.
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't feel safe around cops...
Guilty much?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People like that are why I never pursued a career in law enforcement. They treat police officers like persona non grata... until they need help. Screw that! (and screw them)
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second the idea of cops either responding to Starbucks calls slowly, if at all. Let them hire security guards.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be honest, up until recently I still went to Starbucks. But after this latest crap, I'm done with em for good. Their coffee has sucked for a while anyway. I just went because they had heavy cream.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I second the idea of cops either responding to Starbucks calls slowly, if at all. Let them hire security guards.

Well, if a person ever--just once--doesn't give their absolute best, they cannot truthfully state that they always did the best they could, and that they fulfilled their oath. It could be important, later on. This would go against my values, and would seem to be poor ethics. After a while, such a person would let some other things slip. Eventually, why bother, at all?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Members of Starbucks’ leadership team met Monday with six police officers who were asked to leave the coffee giant’s Tempe, Arizona, store last week, which prompted the company to apologize to the officers involved."

More online:
Melissa Quinn for the Washington Examiner; July 9, 2019.
https://www.washingtonexami...to-leave-tempe-store

"An Apology to the Tempe Police Department"
A brief and public communication, signed by Rossann Williams, executive vice president for Starbucks.
https://stories.starbucks.c...e-police-department/
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"Members of Starbucks’ leadership team met Monday with six police officers who were asked to leave the coffee giant’s Tempe, Arizona, store last week, which prompted the company to apologize to the officers involved."

More online:
Melissa Quinn for the Washington Examiner; July 9, 2019.
https://www.washingtonexami...to-leave-tempe-store

"An Apology to the Tempe Police Department"
A brief and public communication, signed by Rossann Williams, executive vice president for Starbucks.
https://stories.starbucks.c...e-police-department/

This = Hey we are sorry that this caused us so much back lash, lets say we are sorry and hope its enough.
What would they do if the complaint was hey can you remove those black guys they make me afraid for my safety or hey those white people make me uncomfortable.
What next hey that group of vets makes me uncomfortable make them leave.

Here's the only response that is necessary.
If a group is not breaking the law or the house rules then they should not be asked to leave.
If someone is making you uncomfortable you are free to leave.
You are free to not drink here if you don't feel safe from your imagined threat.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2019 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, the COMPANY apologized. That is all cleared up now, isn't it?

"We the People..."
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

If a group is not breaking the law or the house rules then they should not be asked to leave.
You are free to not drink here if you don't feel safe from your imagined threat.

These three lines should be posted at the entrance of every public building in the US with the third line adjusted for that buildings purpose, eat, shop, etc. to remind the idiots of the world that it does not revolve around them.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

This = Hey we are sorry that this caused us so much back lash, lets say we are sorry and hope its enough.
What would they do if the complaint was hey can you remove those black guys they make me afraid for my safety or hey those white people make me uncomfortable.
What next hey that group of vets makes me uncomfortable make them leave.

Here's the only response that is necessary.

Exactly, it's more of the "Sorry we got caught", not "sorry we did _______"

The crap that keeps happening at these places is because of leadership. It's like that in every company.

(Because it's what I'm most familiar with.)
You want to know how a trucking company is to work for? Just look at their drivers. They mirror their leadership (This is as a rule, there are exceptions.)
If most of the drivers are knuckle draggers that don't seem to care if they even quarter ass their jobs as long as they keep getting paid.... Pretty good chance the management is pretty craptastic as well.
On the flip side, drivers that are generally decent, polite, and at least pretend to care about what they are doing are that way because their managers are at least pretending to care.

Starbucks employees are all just following management. Each store is a mirror of the next.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Our strong relationship with the Tempe Police Department has provided us the opportunity to host several “Coffee with a Cop” events in area stores, which bring residents and police together to discuss relevant issues and find common ground. We look forward to continuing to strengthen our relationship with you, and we agree that the experience of your officers requires an important dialogue – one that we are committed to being part of.

What occurred in our store on July 4 is never the experience your officers or any customer should have, and at Starbucks, we are already taking the necessary steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again in the future.
Rossann Williams, executive vice president at Starbucks.

Starbucks faced an onslaught of criticism last year after two black men waiting for a friend were arrested at a store in Philadelphia after they were asked by an employee to leave. The company apologized and closed more than 8,000 stores in the United States for a day to conduct racial bias training for its employees.
From the Washington Examiner.

If it happens again, with uniformed police officers being "dissed" by Starbucks employees, I would think that a nationwide Time Out to conduct Anti-police Bias Training would be called for. Based on the precedent set by Starbucks in 2018, in the wake of that episode in Philadelphia.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-12-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey dude, sorry about that slavery thing.
We good now?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2019 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Hey dude, sorry about that slavery thing.
We good now?

More coffee out the nose...

frack, Willie--you gotta stop ding that sheet. 20 bucks a pound plus for coffee and you get me spitting it on a keyboard.

Just think what your mom would say.....just think what the boys at Black Rifle and Kicking Horse would say if they knew what was happening to thier coffee beans....

Think of the children who dont have coffee....

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-12-2019).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2019 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Well, if a person ever--just once--doesn't give their absolute best, they cannot truthfully state that they always did the best they could, and that they fulfilled their oath. It could be important, later on. This would go against my values, and would seem to be poor ethics. After a while, such a person would let some other things slip. Eventually, why bother, at all?

It dont violate anything to me. Starbucks stated they didnt want them there, so honor their request and stay away. Their prices are so high, im sure they can afford security guards at each store.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock