Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  $400 Android Smartphone With Laser Projector ~ 5 Hour Runtime: Blackview Max1

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
$400 Android Smartphone With Laser Projector ~ 5 Hour Runtime: Blackview Max1 by Boondawg
Started on: 07-06-2019 10:36 PM
Replies: 11 (263 views)
Last post by: FieroSTETZ on 07-11-2019 01:00 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2019 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe me, stop at 2:15:

https://promo.blackview.hk/...x-1-phone-projector/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty neat!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting for the R2D2 type hologram version.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$400 that you then drop in the toilet.
FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

$400 that you then drop in the toilet.

Well, I mean - you could say the same thing about a really nice dinner and drinks
FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroSTETZ

1742 posts
Member since Aug 99

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Believe me, stop at 2:15:

https://promo.blackview.hk/...x-1-phone-projector/

I think I like the idea of this more than the reality. I have a little dell M110 LED projector, its about the size of a normal-ish sandwich, and it does a pretty great job, but I don't know that I'd want it built into my phone. If I was doing a presentation I'd rather not have certain text messages from my wife pop up on the projection

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I'm waiting for the R2D2 type hologram version.

Yeah. This one to me is almost like a step back, or has it just come full circle?

FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Yeah. This one to me is almost like a step back, or has it just come full circle?

I can't believe I used a sandwich as my frame of reference for the size of a projector lol - I was most definitely eating a sandwich when I wrote that.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smaller yes. Easier to show larger groups a vid without having a nice screen, yes.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-10-2019).]

FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Smaller yes. Easier to show larger groups a vid without having a nice screen, yes.

I have a (crappy) led projector the size of a deck of cards (we ordered one for work and it was garbage, so I was allowed to take it) - you really can't hand-hold it to show videos because the normal hand shaking makes people sick - it's gotta be stable. I kinda feel like these things are a solution without a problem.

The only thing I use it for (since it's powered by USB) is as a portable nintendo emulator, I have a small raspberry pi zero, the miniprojector, and a bluetooth adapter (for controller) all velcro'd to a 28,000 mah portable battery, and I can play old school nintendo games for a few hours. It's not really practical, but it's a decent way to kill time on the patio after dark. It's not bright enough to use in a room without serious light control. I am optimistic about (higher quality) laser projectors and how those will work once they get small - because of how laser projectors work I can totally see a) usably bright image, b) optical image stabilization, and c) much higher resolution. The ones available portable now (laser projectors) I believe are just a cheap green laser diode so you get some color banding and rippling. The large-scale laser projectors we have at work are amazing and they carry an estimated diode lifetime of something like 80,000 power on hours (vs. 140 hours for our incandescen projectors and 3000 hours for our LED ones) and at the current rate I don't think it'll be too long before they (high quality laser diodes) get super small.

What I *do* worry about is people in advertising wising up to these things. I can see it now, sidewalks everywhere plastered with video ads laser projected from storefronts, or small drones flying around playing advertising on the ground beneath them. Maybe I'm being exceptionally negative, but advertising seems to take every new technology and make it horrible.

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 07-11-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroSTETZ

1742 posts
Member since Aug 99
edit: I double posted because I have had too much caffeine.

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 07-11-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock