Started on: 05-24-2019 07:38 PM
Replies: 8 (210 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 05-25-2019 01:27 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2019 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you a John Legal or are you a Juan Illegal?

I am a General Contractor. The one sector that has not even come close to thriving wage wise. Illegal immigration is theft. I would love to hear another factual view?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2019 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a freelancer, and here am finding more and more its harder and harder to get jobs. The pool is drying up. Something I would have charged 40-50/hr for 2 years ago I now have to do for 25 just to get it. And revenue hours are falling. The unpaid back-time I have to put into stuff has grown to a crazy level, jobs are almost finished before I can submit and have them approved which means when I do get the OK, I am only getting a couple paid hours out of it.

Legal, migrant or refugee, certain "groups" only want to work "with their own" and since TURDeau opened the floodgates 4 years ago, as more and more of them work their way into the work system, the available jobs dwindle as they are passed under-the-table to friends/relatives/family ect of those groups. I'll never prove it but am pretty sure a lot of my outlines get stoled and used by those groups. Thanks for doing 2/3rd of the work sucker.

Its nothing new, per say, but it is growing and kind of quickly. One of the big reasons I want the wood shop going ASAP. Got an appointment for another place on the 2nd. FAR from ideal but something I can build on. Just found it this morning, but I'll see once we meet face-to-face. Its been empty since winter so maybe this vendor wont be so quick to play last-minute greed games.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-24-2019).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2019 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I turned down 2 full time jobs in the last month. Running a fence crew....uh, no. If I wanted to build more fence, I'd buy more property and more cattle.
Farm manager on 5000 acre cattle ranch in Junction Texas...thanks no thanks. I don't like mesquite or pear thorns but the job had plenty of benefits including a house and truck. Don't want a job or need one, but there are plenty out there for anyone actually wanting to work around here.
Most people just want a check.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2019 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the guys I know its not so much just wanting a check as it is what we will put up with anymore to get that check.

These weekly meeting I go to, we usually have 12-15 people around the table, 2/3rd of them doing the same stuff as me, just in various areas. The "regular staff" are sitting there with their speech policies and dress polices and thought policies and how to wipe your azz policies, pulling off stupid crap like "lets all do stretch exercises to wake up" (frack off, that's what coffee is for) or play some inane game from 3rd grade to make a point or some equally dumb-ass crap that makes us just want to choke the crap out of them. We are just looking at each other like they have grown 3 heads.

I am sitting there thinking to myself "would I REALLY put up with this crap for 8 or 9 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week just for a bit of money ?"...and the answer is OH, HELL NO !!! 2 hours of this sheet is all I can handle and even THAT is pushing it. Go the frack away. The meetings may be my main source of new contacts and leads, but I pay a hefty price to get them.

It would be like they want you to run that fence crew...but you have to wear ballet slippers, a pink tutu, a unicorn horn and sing "mary had a little lamb" while doing it !!....It just aint worth it most times. And getting less and less each day.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-25-2019).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2019 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've worn worse than that to get and keep a job. When I sign on to do a job, I do so without reservations. Sign on for the brand, you ride for the brand...no matter what. It's why I was able to comfortably retire at age 57.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2019 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OH MY F**KING GOD!!!! ???

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2019 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

OH MY F**KING GOD!!!! ???

Shouldn't surprise anyone. There are lots and lots of people that live in their own little fantasy worlds.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2019 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me be clear, legal immigration is what we are about. Laws and such.

My neighbor and his family are some of the most polite and wonderful folks that one could possibly meet. A son that is courteous and kind to his brother and others, a wife that smiles and waves, and a gentleman that teaches his kids soccer and values. They often have company over and party late into the evening sharing stories and laughter. I cannot understand 75% of what they are saying, nor do I especially care for their food tastes, but damn if we are not proud to have them as our neighbors. We share dinner dishes, kids play, and most of the neighbors in our little area are just as welcoming as they are. Oh, they are Mexican.

More...

Edit: My first look at Clown World was yesterday. Never realized there is more. Cool.

Kim Kardasian. You can go back years here and find me actually complaining about this. Heck, she is studying Law three hours a week, so there is that.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-25-2019).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2019 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
The more...

"Gardener" caught jacking it in customer's back yard. Yes, you read it right, and have been warned...

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=928NO_1558615813

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock