Started on: 05-22-2019 07:33 PM
Replies: 7 (210 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 05-24-2019 03:15 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2019 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been trying for 2 days to get somebody on the phone, and just keep getting bounced to the automatic "press frack off to frack off" system...at least its in english...mostly.

I need to rent a 4x8 or 5x8 utility trailer.

Do they rig them for a 2" ball ? It would be kind of nice to have the right one in place when I show up....I dunno, makes hooking up....easier....

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-22-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last 5' x 8' trailer I rented from U Haul about four months ago did have a 2" ball connection.

Nelson
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, 2" ball.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe Uhaul only uses 2" ball even for very small trailers. To save Uhaul backend operation so everything is 2" ball.
Example Uhual has/had various special vehicles to move trailers between spots etc. I've only see them a couple times in my life w/ them driving someway w/ one to several small trailers stacked up on the back and bigger one in tow.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try a tool rental yard, they always have different trailers for rent w 2" balls

shem
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2019 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just doing a favor for one of the guys in the building. They is moving about 100km so we are getting the trailer here and dumping it at the destination. Between the back seat (4-door truck), the bed and a 5x8 there is plenty of room for everything that's going.

Renting the trailer is 54 bucks. We priced out their drop-pods and a couple other companies that do the same thing and those are over a grand with a 2-week delivery.

Funny thing I learned on this too. For run of the mill furniture (not the antiques) it is loads cheaper to just donate here and replace there than to try and take it all. Throw-away world.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-23-2019).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In preparing for a series of significant moves, I considered rental trailers. The biggest trailers I could find were 6' X 12'. Not nearly big enough and would require multiple trips. After doing the math I decided to just buy a used 34' gooseneck cargo trailer. Yes, it cost more than the multiple trailer rentals but will get the moves done with fewer trips and, I always have the option of selling it when done. Even if I sell it at a loss, it will have saved me $$$$ and time on the road. Not to suggest this would be a viable option for you but, you might look at the options.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-23-2019).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2019 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too be honest - I have never rented a trailer that didn't have a 2" ball.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock