Started on: 05-20-2019 01:42 PM
Replies: 13 (379 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 05-23-2019 10:46 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2019 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.odditycentral.c...-her-good-looks.html

Nooo....YOU cant get hired because your looks and attitude SCREAM "spoiled entitled narcissistic snowflake ***** looking for an excuse to get offended and sue"

AND, no, you AINT that hot. I've seen hotter in a Tim Hortons. It was double-cupped.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-20-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. She isn't that hot. They may be natural, but her lips look like they've tasted just a bit too much Botox.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I agree. She isn't that hot. They may be natural, but her lips look like they've tasted just a bit too much Botox.

Probably not the only thing they tasted..

People come up with all kinds of BS excuses why they can't become or stay employed but the #1 reason is their own stupidity.
It's always tho, somebody, everybody anybody else's fault and they are the first to complain (and complain often) about others doing exactly what they themselves do.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She does not look well. "Hot" is not the adjective that comes to mind.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all have our tastes in women. This is not a woman that I'd want to marry and raise children with, but if I was 19 and single and at a bar, I'd be more than pleased to make her acquaintance. Lol... look at me, 20 years ago, I would have written that sentence far more vulgar.

Anyway... the reason why she can't get a job is because:

1 - She looks like a well-paid prostitute.
2 - She looks kind of dumb because of her facial expressions.

Just so I don't get feminist arguments slung at me. If I dressed like this, I probably wouldn't get a job either:

As for attractive women getting jobs in general... it is very true.

I had to take an Unconscious Bias course at work. I won't get into the nity-grity, but we basically broke up into groups and were given fake potential hires. Each group got the same deck of people, but they swapped the backgrounds and pronouns with the faces. The goal was to show at the end how everyone was unconsciously bias. In any case, every "group" hired everyone, except the one character who shared the same background from each group (had stolen at his/her previous job). The funny thing is... there was ONE group that incidentally was made up entirely of women. Two of the potential (fake) applicants that they had to evaluate were women... just as they were for the other groups. For this particular group of all females, the two women were assigned the "good" backgrounds, but these women refused to hire those two girls, and oddly enough, agreed to hire the one person who had a bad background.

No one really said anything... but when the class moderator asked if there were any questions, I actually said I thought it was funny that the group made up entirely of women, refused to hire the only two women candidates.

This group of women were pissed, and the moderator felt kind of defeated because the class was obviously not supposed to show or elicit things like that. But then the moderator said... "Sometimes, bias is in the place you least accept it."

Anyway... women do refuse to hire women who are more attractive than they are... which actually is a thing. On the other hand, any man that would hire a woman that dresses like that on an interview (I assume), would likely be judged for hiring based on looks and other prospects.

It's on her... I know we're all about fairness and stuff, but people do have opinions... if you dress like a slut, you're going to be viewed as one. You can still look smoking hot while dressing professionally. Just like... as a man, you dress all sleazy with a pinstripe suit, $800 dollar dress shoes, gold rings and a really tacky gold watch and greased back hair... you're probably not going to get hired either.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 05-20-2019).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2019 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gave up on "dress" a LOONNGGG time ago.

For work you get dockers, a dress shirt and boots.

Outside of work you get jeans, a t-shirt, and boots.

Swap the boots for running shoes if I am going grocery shopping or somewhere else I will be doing a lot of walking.

Take it or leave it, you aint changing it.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
you dress all sleazy with a pinstripe suit

Hey! I like my pinstripe suit! I even have a matching fedora and a white silk tie to go with it.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ew...shes a freak. Way to skinny, and I like petite, and her face looks like 2 people...one the top half and other the bottom half...that dont go together. She should be able to get a stripper job in a darkened bar OK. Lawyer...not.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would I hire her? Did she show dressed properly for meeting people in a work environment, was she well spoken, is her experience correct for the work or did she offer a desire to learn the position? Looks are not a thing except maybe sales.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Hey! I like my pinstripe suit! I even have a matching fedora and a white silk tie to go with it.

Never underestimate the power of the zoot eh ?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once, on New Years Eve, I went to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy dressed in a white sport coat, white tie, white pants and a brown fedora (I didn't have a white one). Several times through the night, groups of girls came up to me and asked if they could take their picture with me.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-23-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Never underestimate the power of the zoot eh ?

Picture is from The Zoot Suit Wars on Broadway March 1979 at the Winter Garden. My first trip to New York City and Broadway on spring break. I had the front row center seat at the final dress rehearsal.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Picture is from The Zoot Suit Wars on Broadway March 1979 at the Winter Garden. My first trip to New York City and Broadway on spring break. I had the front row center seat at the final dress rehearsal.

That particular photo appears to be L.A. 1978: https://benitolink.com/near...ot-suit-returns-home

(Left to right) Rose Portillo as Della, Daniel Valdez as Henry, Evelina Fernandez (partially seen), Edward James Olmos, Rachel Levario and Mike Gomez in the world premiere of “Zoot Suit” at the Mark Taper Forum. Photo by Jay Thompson.

The story on which the play was based, took place in L.A. in 1942-1943.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-23-2019).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From the article: Russian-born Irina Kova claims that being attractive has made it harder for her to get a job in London, as women simply don’t trust her or find her intimidating, and men don’t take her seriously. Kova, who used to work in business development for important clients, believes her good looks ruined her career and made it harder to find another serious job, despite having a law-degree and an impressive CV.

Women probably don't like her, because she looks like a home-wrecker. And men don't take her seriously, because she looks like a prostitute. And now she's playing the victim card, for fun and profit.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-23-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock