Started on: 05-10-2019 10:51 PM
Replies: 11 (350 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 05-13-2019 03:00 AM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plant lives matter !

What's next, the impossible steak ? The impossible pork chop ? Impossible bacon ? Impossible roast ? etc etc ...

Will there be an impossible bone for my Doberman ?
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next up: "The Impossible Salad"..................made from meat

Who the hell is going to buy and eat this impossible garbage?

Is there a positive cost / benefit to the consumer in this?

NO.

"the Impossible burger is expensive. It cost an extra $4 to replace a beef patty with an Impossible one, at least at the restaurant we went to. That put the beef burger at $5.99 plus tax, and the Impossible burger at $9.99."

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.a...MifVfhHs56402bTN0OwI

75% MORE EXPENSIVE for a wad of wheat protein, coconut oil and potato protein

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Who the hell is going to buy and eat this impossible garbage?

I will try one, someday. I want to know if it is as good as some say. I don't believe Glenn Beck, though. I suspect that was a paid promotion. Beck is a whore.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I will try one, someday. I want to know if it is as good as some say. I don't believe Glenn Beck, though. I suspect that was a paid promotion. Beck is a whore.

A worthless lying whore at that.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2019 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I *might* try just a taste of the "mock meat" once but I really see no compelling reason for me to spend more for something that is less in every way that is of value to me.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will try one, someday. I want to know if it is as good as some say.

Some say "once you go black, you will never go back".
I will never try one. Unless my only choices I can control are a vegan burger or a salad. Heck, I can't even say that. I enjoy a good chef salad, you know, the one with meat.

, umm, unless it is an impossible chef salad with impossible meat.

What a great name ! Finally ! The PC crowd calling it something it is !

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As my "homework" for this Topic, I just went to a Carl's Jr and munched my way through a "Beyond Beef" Famous Star--that's the plant-derived or vegan burger-like thing--and after that, a beef burger Famous Star. No switching back and forth. First I finished the one, and then I had the other one.

I thought the Beyond Beef product really held its own in this matchup. It held together as a patty, and did not crumble into little bits as I munched my way through it. If someone had "slipped" it to me, with my thinking it was a beef burger Famous Star, I don't think I would have known the difference.

But there are caveats. I had these Famous Star sandwiches without the cheese, but with all of the other trappings. Iceberg lettuce, pickles, tomato slices, raw onion rings and mayonnaise or the mayonnaise-like condiment that they use. So the taste of the patty--vegan or beef--was actually overwhelmed to a considerable extent. I think a better experiment would be to have the patties on bare (dry) buns. Or maybe with some of that mayo-like dressing, but not the rest of it. Or better yet, just have the patties without the buns. At least, for a tasting of it.

The Beyond Beef sandwich was about a $4 upcharge over the beef offering.

I am sure the Beyond Beef product would be no match for any kind of upscale or gourmet beef burger, in so far as taste and delectability. But at this primitive and fast and cheap burger level of competition, it comes pretty close to its beef counterpart. Except for the $4 upcharge, which effectively takes it out of the game for anyone who is not hell bent on saving the planet or minimizing their dietary cholesterol intake.

The Beyond Beef is competing with the Impossible Burger in this market segment. Two different products from two different companies.

I had an Impossible Burger sandwich quite some time ago. What I remember most is that the Impossible Burger patty crumbled into smaller bits as I ate the sandwich. Definitely a negative. But more recently, they have come out with Impossible Burger 2.0, which according to what I have read, has a more robust patty that can boast of higher structural integrity during an eating encounter. I will probably try one in the not too distant future.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-12-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I don't think I would have known the difference.

Anything has to taste better than the NOTHING BURGER you were just forced to choke down from your "legendary lawman".

Bwahahahahahahaha!

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-12-2019).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to love the McLean that McDonald's had. Just with pickle and mustard.

It's probably the thing that will kill me later in life. Whatever it was made out of was likely toxic.

Brad
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Whatever it was made out of was likely toxic.

Brad

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2019 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"The meatless burger revolution is just getting started"
Danielle Wiener-Bronner for CNN Business; May 3, 2019.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05...evolution/index.html

Beef cattle with "culture"

Burger King doesn't break out sales figures for Whoppers, let alone its expectations for the more expensive Impossible Whopper, but some insights can be inferred from a 2018 survey by Faunalytics. Assuming price was no different between beef and alternative burgers, 65 percent of consumers polled said they would still stick with beef, 21 percent would choose a plant-based burger like Impossible, and 11 percent would select a cultured burger grown from animal cells, which isn't expected on the market until the early 2020s.
Brian Cooley for CNET; April 2, 2019.
https://www.cnet.com/news/b...ed-like-real-burger/

"Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods have their plant-based burgers and other meat-mimicking products hooking up with hungry mouths all across the country."
rinselberg reports for Pennock's Fiero Forum; May 13, 2019.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-13-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock