Started on: 05-03-2019 11:09 PM
Replies: 5 (157 views)
Last post by: theogre on 05-04-2019 03:08 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven’t watched them in at least a decade, but a coworker showed me the last few, and they have REALLY gotten political- I’m not talking about occasional jokes about folks, I’m talking about the scene is just the character asking “please, tell me more about such-and-such...”, it’s weird. I knew about the APU stuff, but not this...

Have you seen any recent episodes?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know “Family Guy” has been political as well, especially that one with Trump groping Meg and Peter stopping to kiss a picture of Obama...

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is disappointing, but not surprising. I haven't been much of a TV watcher in many, many years; but it seems that the Simpsons were fairly even handed. They would poke a little fun at anybody.

I stopped watching Family Guy a long time ago, when they made a completely inappropriate joke about one of Sarah Palin's children.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got 5 minutes into my last episode. Should have stopped when they burned the flag but gave them another chance.
I'm done I watch comedy to get away from that crap.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The show used to simply lean left, but now it's FAR left. The last couple seasons have been really horrible, you can tell when certain people are writing an episode. There's maybe 1 good show a season now.

Family Guy is about as political as it's always been, but they've definitely been walking on eggshells recently (explicitly addressed in one episode). Seth has really been phoning it in, I think he just kept it going because Fox told him they'd let him do 'The Orville' (actually a good show, better than Star Trek Discovery) and keep that going.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simpsons has been crap for years so is no surprise to many new ones suck big time.
FG would have been better if never got rebooted after canceling first time.

Fox Does Not own most of Fox Shows now
Disney owns most Fox Media and IP except Fox News and Sports. Merger took nearly 2 years and complete in May this year. And most shows runners and staff knew Fox was on the auction block for at lest months before that.

Just google etc disney fox merger

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 05-04-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock