Started on: 04-24-2019 10:08 PM
Replies: 6 (266 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-25-2019 11:48 PM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.yahoo.com/finan...costs-193650429.html

That same ignorance fuels the crying for "Free College" for everyone. They have no clue where the money comes from.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-24-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2019 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a lot of blame to go around. The students are idiots, the lenders make it too easy to borrow, and the schools just keep on jacking up prices simply BECAUSE it is so easy for the idiots to borrow the money.

<Edit>

My little "fun" with that industry is long over (25 years ago) but up here we were told in advance what the payments would be when we were done school (there was a 6-month grace period to find a job). The trick they pulled (or tried to back then) is you got a letter in the mail near the end of the 6 months telling you your contract had been sold to XXXXXX and the payments would now be about 4-5 times what was agreed on. Those stupid enough to fall for it and make a payment or try to negotiate had legally "accepted" the new terms and were stuck, those who were smart enough to get a lawyer to tell them to frack off, they were sticking to the contract were in the clear. The OTHER trick the government pulled was per the contract student loans could be discharged in bankruptcy after 2 years (IIRC). The Harris government went and made it 10 and grandfathered all existing loans in to the new timing.

Fun times that prove around banks and governments contracts aren't worth the time it takes to have the conversation.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-24-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes Just The Headline Really Is Enough

Does Yahoo pay you to entice click bait ? Also, really, the headline does not say it all.

Many borrowers still don't understand the costs

What costs ? It was a dumbocrat free ice cream 'give me'. Funded by the government. In the guise of a loan. With our money.
Now, the Dumbs want us to pay for it again. And offer free college forever.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Does Yahoo pay you to entice click bait ?

"Click bait"?

I only provided the link to the complete article as a courtesy.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-24-2019).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2019 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those that have gone and signed a contract, need to honor that contract. Period.

Remember when Obama negated all of those contracts that he had no hand in signing? I was adamant about this precedent not occurring. There would be future ramifications because of this, and not honoring a contract is an evil road to travel upon. That is a thief.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2019 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's all worthless anymore, Tony. Here is Ontario law on old debts (valid debt or not) https://www.moneyproblems.c...tute-of-limitations/

For the past several years these anal apertures https://www.cbvcollections.com/company/ have been buying up old-old cell phone accounts and harassing the living crap out of people (and destroying their credit rating) if your name is in ANY way connected to the old account.

I spent 2 years telling them to piss off over a phone that wasn't mine. It belonged to a company I worked for (and their account) back in 2011-2012 (LONG past limitations), but since it was issued to me my name is associated as a user. I guess the company I worked for stiffed the cell phone company, because getting rid of the genital wart collections company is next to impossible. They don't seem to understand NOT MY PHONE, NOT MY ACCOUNT, NOT MY DEBT AND NOT MY PROBLEM.

Its a scam. They are basically scaring people and holding them hostage with the credit rating, then recording all conversations trying to get people to admit an debt is theirs (old and long forgotten and a lot of times non-existent) then using the loophole in the statute to try and re-set the 2 years. Once they do that, they can go to court and win the case.

The "trick" they use is, if you say "huh?" "Maybe" "I don't know"...ANYTHING besides a firm negative response..they "construe" it as acknowledged the debt for limitations purposes. Its a Canada-wide problem with these prolapsed hemorrhoids and they have been fined a few times for it, but just operate the calls out of different jurisdictions. They were calling me from Quebec and BC on my Text Now number, and I finally had to get a new number to get rid of them because I sure aint spending 10 grand to go to BC and take them to court to put a stop to them (what it would take and they know it)

Lesson is, unless you know who is calling don't answer the phone. NEVER say "yes" to ANY question, and DONT give out any information at all.

If you REALLY want to have some fun with these scammers, when they call they will ask "Is this Joe Blow ?". Just keep asking them questions. Who is calling ? Which Joe Blow are you looking for ? Can you provide more identifying information ? Are you sure its Joe and not Joseph ?...They will giver themselves a brain annurism they get so mad trying to get you to admit you are Joe Blow.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-25-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
"Click bait"?
I only provided the link to the complete article as a courtesy.

I am sorry if I am wrong. It was really sarcasm.

However, you provided a thread headliner, then provided an opinion. I had to click on it to see what you were opining on.

You did not even provide the actual headline. Thanks to your courtesy I know the whole story.
Of which I disagreed with. Though you opinion was right, the government wants us to pay again for their mismanagement of the money we provided them, to be generous citizens.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock