Congrats to Kentucky by 2.5
Started on: 03-13-2019 06:46 AM
Replies: 20 (443 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-22-2019 06:42 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"On Monday, 11 March 2019. Governor Matt Bevin of Kentucky restored Constitutional Carry to the State of Kentucky. Bevin signed Senate Bill 150 into law Monday. It allows Kentuckians 21 and older who can lawfully possess a firearm to be able to conceal it without a permit.

“This is a bill that recognizes as part of Kentucky law, once it is the law, once I have signed it, which I will, it recognizes the Second Amendment of the United States,” said Bevin. “That’s it, it doesn’t break new ground, it simply says that people do have the right to keep and bear arms.”

Vermont always had Constitutional Carry.
15 States have passed some version of Constitutional Carry since 2003.
2003, Alaska restored Constitutional Carry to the exercise of Second Amendment rights.
2010, Arizona restored Constitutional Carry.
2011, Wyoming restored Constitutional Carry.
2013, Arkansas passed Act 746 into law. It is effectively Constitutional Carry. Some county prosecutors have threatened prosecution. None has occurred.
2015, Kansas, and Maine became Constitutional Carry club members.
2016, Idaho, Missouri, West Virginia, and Mississippi became Constitutional Carry states.
2017, New Hampshire, and North Dakota restored Constitutional Carry.
2019, South Dakota and Oklahoma, and Kentucky have restored Constitutional Carry.
There are now twice as many states with Constitutional Carry as there are states the infringe on the right to bear arms with “May Issue” carry permits.
Several more states are good candidates to respect the Second Amendment and pass Constitutional Carry legislation.

Constitutional Carry states are on the Mexican an Canadian borders. They are in the East, West, and Middle of the country. They border the Pacific, the Atlantic, and the Gulf of Mexico. They include major metropolitan areas such as Phoenix, Oklahoma City, and Kansas City."

http s://www.ammoland.com/20...383899#axzz5i39T2ikQ

More in the article at the link above
_

Seems like every state should have this.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-13-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The push by Georgia Gun Owners (GGO) for constitutional carry has been going on for years. During the election runup, GGO sent out surveys to every candidate who was runnning for Georgia House or Senate seats, asking if they supported constitutional carry. As I recall, the vast majority of those that didn't weren't elected or re-elected. Stacy Abrams ran on a gun control plank, aided by Bloomberg, Soros, and other anti-gun supporters.

Brian Kemp (R-GA) won Governorship by a very squeaky margin over Abrams. Kemp signed the survey pledge to support constitutional carry 100% if it was placed on his desk. Speaker Of The House David Ralston (R-GA) also pledged 100% support. But Ralston's actions are saying something else.

Ralston has kept the constitutional carry bill from coming up for a vote. He has frequently met with Bloomberg and other anti-gun proponents.

This summer, I plan to take a Fiero trip that will take me through 10 states. Three of those states do not allow me to carry a weapon, even though I have a valid CCW permit. The other 7 states have reciprocal agreements with Georgia, though some of their requirements differ from other states.

There are states that require the weapon to be in a locked container, some require the weapon be disassembled, or ammunition in one area of the vehicle and the weapon in another. Some require the weapon not be loaded and be secured with a gun lock. Another demands the weapon be transported in the trunk (can't be in the passenger compartment). Makes it difficult if you have a SUV.

I do see some problems with constitutional carry because anyone including violent criminals could carry until they are caught. I don't know how that can be prevented, but I guess that's the exact situation we face at the moment. Criminals carry until they're caught. Then they carry again.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Technically criminals carry whenever they want, whatever they want since laws don't apply when you are a criminal.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So it's going to be legal for Kentucky residents to bear a copy of the Constitution outside of their home? Will they be allowed to carry it openly?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

So it's going to be legal for Kentucky residents to bear a copy of the Constitution outside of their home? Will they be allowed to carry it openly?

I know!
Too bad you're not allowed to do that in California!

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I would LOVE to see this happen in California.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does California even know what the Constitution is?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Does California even know what the Constitution is?

Yes, it is a living breathing and evolving document. It's just a little slow at shedding off the 1800's. LOL
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Living and breathing but with an intentionally slow metabolism, approaching cryosleep.
It can be modified via Amendment, a very long and drawn out process, preventing social fads from damaging the balance of power and limits placed on the Federal Government.

Beautifully designed, and sometimes misapplied.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Constitution is a BRILLIANT work. It is a huge part of what made America the great nation that we all enjoy. Ignorance of The Constitution is responsible for much of the trouble we now face.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19460 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by rinselberg:

For many years, I had a copy with me, either in my briefcase, on my PDA or on my phone. Now, with internet access always at my fingertips, I can just pull it up. Yeah, I am fanatical about The Constitution of the United States of America.
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be interesting to do a little research to see if these states have a lessor number of 'active shooter' incidents than those states which no lawful carry options. Or perhaps they have the same 'rate' of incidents per person but are stopped more frequently by someone carrying. I'd wonder if the criminals in these states are even aware of the 'carry' status they are up against?? Yes, much interesting research is hopefully being done on this topic.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"21 and older who can lawfully possess a firearm "

Also note it doesnt seem to clearly reference the requirements to lawfully own one, which happens before you can lawfully carry it. Though one could look it up, per state.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-13-2019).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The concept is that everyone has the initial right own or carry under the Constitution, but may be restricted due to mental or criminal limitations.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The concept is that everyone has the initial right own or carry under the Constitution, but may be restricted due to mental or criminal limitations.

Agreed
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2019 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, boys !!

If California had understood individual rights in 1989, I might still be living in the USA....but simple fact is we were a LOT free-er here in Ontario than that crap-hole.

So I left..but I had a place to go to, a lot dont.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't find the photo sometime posted. MAGA magazine with a Trump face. I swear I saw it here
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2019 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I can't find the photo sometime posted. MAGA magazine with a Trump face. I swear I saw it here

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/123349.html#p18
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2019 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/123349.html#p18

Much obliged.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2019 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The concept is ...

Originally posted by 2.5:
Agreed

Wrong !

The concept that you think you see fierofool, I think, was the very first step at gun control.

The concept, as I see it, was inalienable rights.

source
Inalienable Rights Constitution
Inalienable Rights. Personal rights held by an individual which are not bestowed by law, custom, or belief, and which cannot be taken or given away, or transferred to another person, are referred to as “inalienable rights.” The U.S. Constitution recognized that certain universal rights cannot be taken away by legislation,...

Which other Constitutional Rights do we forfeit ?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2019 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta say, way to go to Missouri as well

"Legislatively, the bill would protect Second Amendment rights by refusing to allow any state officers to enforce any Federal laws considered infringements on Second Amendment rights by the definitions of the bill. Those include any taxes, stamps, or fees exclusively applied to firearms, accessories, or ammunition. It applies to any registration or tracking of those items.

No person would have the authority, under the State of Missouri, to enforce those measures."

https://www.ammoland.com/20...651339-21383899#axzz

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-22-2019).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay