Started on: 03-09-2019 02:28 PM
Replies: 0 (141 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 03-09-2019 02:28 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2019 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gotta love laughing at morons...In this case people so cheap and arrogant they drive away their own staff and customers. Some things NEVER change.

I was in the area this morning so just on a lark drove by the office of a place I worked 10 years ago. In 10 years they managed to spend enough on image to put a $200 canvas banner up as a sign. YUP, this inspires the image that the company is there for the long haul. Using the same signage a week-long blow-out flea market does. And a worn-out weather one at that.

Ended up talking to the guy doing my old job, and nope they STILL dont give a sheet about labor laws even after I had them hauled over the coals and cost them a fortune. Just too stupid to learn I guess, but I did find out I am somewhat of a legend with the techs as the guy who took them down a few notches, and viciously hated by the company (imagine that. )

The real kicker was when he showed me the old office...the desks (old real solid oak teachers desks that will last forever) have been replaced with $17 plastic folding tables and the office chairs have been replaced with plastic lawn chairs...BRILLIANT !! So as a customer, I walk in looking to spend $2,500+ to get one of these machines set up for the year and the place looks like a kids lemonade stand. OK, yeh, I'll drop a big chunk of change here knowing they will still be around next year (with an office that can be packed up and in the car in under 15 minutes)...NOT ...And that company-supplied toolbox that was at least 1/2-way decent quality has been replaced with dollar-store tools They DO realize Kijiji and Facebook Market have "free" sections for furniture, right ?

I know why the owners do it. Same reason wall-mart treats vendors like that. The owners are showing staff (and customers) who is BOSS and not going to let them forget it for one second. 10 years ago Westjet would get us to head office for $99 in about an hour. The train cost $300 and took 6 hours. Only managers flew because they didn't want techs thinking they were important enough to fly...more brilliant business. Spend an extra grand and loose 2 days production to get the 4 of us there just for ego.

And some people wonder why I'll never go near those machines or companies again.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock