Started on: 01-29-2019 03:48 PM
Replies: 214 (4805 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 03-16-2022 07:42 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk...k.html?ITO=applenews

If this is accurate, this is pretty awful. Just awful. WTF is wrong with people? UGH!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2019 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I think ??

People have beyond had ENOUGH of minority groups "special" rights, entitlements and demands and are lashing out in retaliation and resentment.

Its always been there on some level, but Trump's election was the catalyst to really get things rolling.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So this is Trump's fault?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2019 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

So this is Trump's fault?

NOPe, it could have been anybody...an actor, singer, governor...all that was needed was a high-profile figurehead not afraid of offending the left.

Trump just happened to be the one.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think about it. If people are going to commit a "hate crime " and don't want to get caught (they had ski masks) but they wanted to be identified as MAGA supporters? I don't think so. I suggest that they don't support Trump any more than the Dems. This is clearly a smear attack against Trump AND an attempt to hide their true identity.

And to do an attack like this on people (gay bashing) or any other hate crime, is awful. Reginald Denny said it best when he said "can't we all just get along"

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 01-29-2019).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I agree- them shouting that phrase and wearing the hats- it’s meant to escalate things. Something not right...

Regardless, he did not deserve to be beat up and have bleach thrown on him and a noose around his neck.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2019 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Yeah, I agree- them shouting that phrase and wearing the hats- it’s meant to escalate things. Something not right...

Regardless, he did not deserve to be beat up and have bleach thrown on him and a noose around his neck.

Full BS on it being some Trump supporters. But, if it is, fry them in oil.

I did not know who the victim was until now. Regardless, what a horrible thing to have happen.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If this is accurate, this is pretty awful. Just awful. WTF is wrong with people? UGH!

I shouldn't have to keep repeating this:

"The truth almost always eventually comes out, it just takes time, and it is NEVER what the leftist media originally told you."

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-29-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh, the last time the media tried this with some MAGA hat people, they ended up with egg on their collective faces.
Are they trying for an omelet, or just throwing 💩 at the wall until it sticks?
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I skimmed an article about it earlier, I don't suppose any actual 'evidence' is provided yet?

I don't believe much of anything these days...

Smells of loads of horseshit.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2019 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only information...

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I shouldn't have to keep repeating this:

"The truth almost always eventually comes out, it just takes time, and it is NEVER what the leftist media originally told you."

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

Chicago police say they’ve reviewed hundreds of hours of footage from downtown surveillance cameras but haven’t found footage yet of the alleged attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett. The department said in a news release late Tuesday that detectives reviewed footage from privately owned cameras near where Smollett says he was attacked and will broaden their search by reviewing footage from traffic cameras and public bus cameras."

"Hundreds of hours of footage...."
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2019 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... he did not deserve to have ... a noose around his neck.

Maybe he liked it. What does the public deserve ?

Originally posted by randye:

randye, this time I actually believe they abccurately reported, as did other news outlets including Fox, what was fed to them. What the press did not do was investigative reporting. Including Fox.

Originally posted by Steel:
I don't suppose any actual 'evidence' is provided yet?

Well Steel, we have this :

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Only information...

Click to show -->[/hide]

Steel, let me put on my Jacques Clouseau hat and channel a little Columbo (who also wore a trench coat) thought into it. Heck I will even put my trench coat on, .

Fact : He was still wearing it when sometime later, when the police showed up at his apartment.

Fact : He is an actor. He knows the nuances of dramatic effect.

Fact : He is a flaming liberal with Trump Derangement Syndrome. The syndrome would enhance his Hollyweird career.

Did he walk all the rest of the way home wearing that noose ? Would you ?

What the public deserves, which would also be a deterrent to false police reports (which waste time, money, and manpower to investigate real claims, is prosecution of false claims.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 01-31-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2019 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Second City Cop" is a blog run by a Chicago Police Officer

He posted this:

"Would you like to know what detectives are telling us?
•It never happened.
CPD is wasting hundreds of man hours to solve a Grindr date gone bad.
The "victim" is refusing all forms of cooperation, his "ear witness" isn't cooperating, the Hollywood press is running with a non-existent narrative.
The "persons of interest" are all but unidentifiable and left the area 20 minutes before the "attack," not to mention the anonymous witness who saw a "hillbilly looking" character that not a single camera in a one mile radius has a picture of."

https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-05-2019).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad the truth is coming out.

It’s important not to let it fade away- people need to be held responsible for their actions and accusations.

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

More info.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2...-letter-was.html?m=1

From the article:

Police have dismissed the claims of a woman who lives in Smollett’s building who reported seeing “rednecks” with rope in the area 90 minutes before the purported attack.

So he wasn't attacked by Roy Rogers?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-05-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2019 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming from miles away:

https://www.breitbart.com/e...lice-cannot-confirm/

https://www.redstate.com/sl...nt-may-friend-actor/

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-15-2019).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2019 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Two Nigerian body builders..."

"One made an appearance on the show Smollett stars in."

That is not cream rising to the top people.

Now, where did I leave that Obvious Button?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2019 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2019 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has become obvious that this is just another leftist stunt designed to divide, isolate and vilify the last of the American patriots. It seems to be an almost monthly occurrence, now.

It is no wonder that our keepers feel emboldened enough that they can now openly threaten us, and be supported by "popular (fabricated) opinion".

The sad, ironic truth is that those who purport to fight against oppression, racism, imperialism and fascism are the ones who have been implementing all of these.

America has been occupied, is now being colonized and will soon become part of a new empire. Will we succumb or throw off the oppressors?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-16-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2019 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chicago police late Friday released two Lakeview men who had been questioned for two days as “potential persons of interest” and, later, “potential suspects” in the alleged hate crime attack of Empire TV star Jussie Smollett early on Jan. 29 in Streeterville.

“Due to new evidence as a result of today's interrogations” Abimbola "Abel" Osundairo and his brother Olabinjo "Ola" Osundairo were released, said Anthony Guglielmi, the top spokesperson for Chicago police. “Detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”

The Osundiros are no longer considered suspects by investigators, whose full attention is now focused squarely on Smollett, according to well-established sources.

CWBChicago has learned that federal investigators sat in as Chicago police interrogated the Osundario brothers for two days after the men were taken into custody at O’Hare airport on Wednesday evening. The Osundiros flew into the airport minutes earlier, returning from a trip to Nigeria that began hours after Smollett reported being attacked.

The brothers, who have a relationship with Smollett and served as extras on his TV show, saw their status with police evolve from “potential persons of interest” to “potential suspects” to being “unable to leave” custody because investigators had “probable cause that they were involved in a crime” to being set free in the course of 48 hours.

Meanwhile, Smollett has lawyered up big time.

High-priced defense attorney and former federal prosecutor Michael Monico told WGN radio host Roe Conn on Friday that he was representing Smollett “at the moment.”

Federal investigators have been looking into the origins of a hate letter that was mailed to Smollett from the southwest suburbs about a week before he reported being attacked. The mailing, which contained a white powder that reportedly turned out to be Tylenol, mentioned Smollett by name and included anti-black and anti-gay slurs as well as a stick figure bound in a noose. Its return address was “MAGA,” a reference to President Donald Trump’s 2016 “Make America Great Again” slogan. Many of the elements of the letter were reflected in the details of the attack that Smollett gave to police.

The actor has been outspoken about his displeasure with Trump, most recently telling Good Morning America that he believed that his opposition to Trump may have been a motivating factor for his purported attackers.

“I come really, really hard against 45,” he said. “I come really, really hard against his administration and I don’t hold my tongue.”

But, in a case of misery making strange bedfellows, Smollett’s new attorney, Monico, also represents Michael Cohen, the former long-time personal attorney for the president.

Standing outside Area Central Police Headquarters Friday night, the Osundairo brothers’ lawyer dropped hints that the road ahead may be rough for Smollett.

“My guys are walking home. They are not charged,” Gloria Schmidt said before indicating that the Osundairos had information about the Smollett case that was shared with police after some “coordination.”

And, she pointed out, “I’m not part of Jussie’s defense.”

CWBChicago has previously reported the following:

• Smollett said in an interview aired on Good Morning America Wednesday that he believed the two persons of interest seen in the CPD images were the persons who attacked him. "I don’t have any doubt in my mind that that’s them. Never did." Hours later, police announced that they had those two men in custody — the Osundairo brothers.

• That police used “rideshare and/or taxicab records” to identify the “persons of interest” and to track their movements on the night of the purported attack.

• Based on a tip provided to CWBChicago more than a week before the Osundairos were taken into custody, all signs indicate that police slow-played the Smollett case until the timing was right for them to act. The tip stated that two black friends of Smollett took Lyft from the Wrigleyville area to Streeterville where they "attacked" Smollett and then returned home. The two friends would be the ones seen on video, the tipster said, adding that the "rope" found around Smollett's neck would prove to be clothesline purchased from Ace Hardware. So far, many details of the tip have panned out. Others remain to be proven.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2019 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, to answer the original question: It appears that "WTF is wrong with people?" is that so many are buying in to this crap.

If people don't start to see the left for what it is, the backlash is going to be over the top. I would much prefer to see the former, as the latter will not be pretty.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2019 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The truth almost always eventually comes out, it just takes time, and it is NEVER what the leftist media originally told you.....randye

https://www.yahoo.com/news/...ators-021407824.html

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-16-2019).]

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2019 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack.

We didn’t need the police to know that. I live in Chicago. There isn’t a soul in this entire liberal place that would think this is make America great again country.

I hold false accusers in the same judgment I do crooked cops. I hope they fry this bastard.
fierobrian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack.

We didn’t need the police to know that. I live in Chicago. There isn’t a soul in this entire liberal place that would think this is make America great again country.

I hold false accusers in the same judgment I do crooked cops. I hope they fry this bastard.

I live a short distance from the city you are totally right. I have said the same thing from the first time i read the story
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The truth almost always eventually comes out, it just takes time, and it is NEVER what the leftist media originally told you.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-17-2019).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't want to believe this was true. Then when the real story developed it was just as depressing.
I will wait to see what kind of punishment is done but there should be an example made. This is never going to stop if we keep giving people a pass.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2019 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Full BS on it being some Trump supporters. But, if it is, fry them in oil.

I did not know who the victim was until now. Regardless, what a horrible thing to have happen.

**** you leftist ****s for lying to me again. Yes, mad! There is no reason for this to happen. Fry him/her in oil. Fuxk you jussie smollett.

Edit: This really needs to stop. The pure BS of what is presented to us. The socialist nature of our media and leaders is disgusting to the core. Stop these people. Vote them out of everything.

Oh, just be offended already. M.T.F.U.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-18-2019).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2019 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My "Wayback Machine" has retrieved a page from CNN that was published on February 1, 2019.

What can we fairly expect from news media? Did CNN not accurately report the Chicago police chief's statements about this case, as of February 1, 2019..?

Whobody knows?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-18-2019).]

Rageaholic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2019 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RageaholicSend a Private Message to RageaholicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2019 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its hard to tell what is real and what is not. He ****ed up that is known but how bad is it I will wait and see.

Right now I'm reading that he was possibly on the phone with his attackers and that is why the phone records were redacted.
But who the **** is so stupid they use a phone registered to them to talk about this?
Please you can get a burner and pay for minutes with a cash card from the corner store.
Have they lost so much brain matter that they were this stupid?

So I will wait until more facts are known before I have my final say but for now shame on all of them for this.
And how the **** is this not a hate crime against white people?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2019 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

And how the **** is this not a hate crime against white people?

Because "white privilege" is a myth, a smoke screen. The privilege belongs to the left, but it is for sale. The price? Your soul.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2019 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't usually follow this kind of story because of the BS spin put on it. That said, my wife was watching Agenda Free TV on Youtube when the host, Steve, was reporting on this. The show honestly is kind of a s**t show but for some random reporting where viewer comments and topic donations are considered, it's mildly entertaining. He was reporting on this a few weeks back and when I heard what was being "reported" I told my wife that it just sounded to perfect, It left me with a opinion that the whole attack was contrived. As the story developed and the reporting she watches from Steve continued you could just see each step develop leaving you with a feeling of "wtf, how can anyone believe this was a real attack?"

Edit: Now reports are coming up that the attack was planned by Jussie when the threatening letter he got doesn't gain enough attention. After all this with the likely faked attack on Jussie, do you think people are going to believe now that you didn't either send that letter to yourself or have someone else do it?

https://www.breitbart.com/e...et-enough-attention/

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 02-18-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2019 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
What can we fairly expect from news media? Did CNN not accurately report the Chicago police chief's statements about this case, as of February 1, 2019..?
Whobody knows?

Originally posted by cliffw:
randye, this time I actually believe they accurately reported, as did other news outlets including Fox, what was fed to them. What the press did not do was investigative reporting. Including Fox.

rinselberg, my quote was two days after the original post, one day after the counterfeit news network story. cnn's story, and the rest of the ?news? outlets, was reporting. Incomplete reporting. Your effort to raise cnn's prestige failed.

The impact of the original allegation raised much the stink from the Dumbs, enough that so many blamed your President of being in collusion with the crime. Cue MAGA hats. One would think that they would have sent reporters to question Smollett. Of course, a video interview would have made all the 'splash'. Smollett I am sure would have been excited to repeat his lies. What did they do ? Send reporters to interview the Dumbs who were quick to condemn the alleged attack and place blame on your President and white men (the alleged perpetrators were allegedly white). Which was a good thing, ! It allowed us to see how dumb the Dumbs are, and display their 'critical thinking abilities'. . Now we get to see their efforts to wipe eggs of their faces, ! Now they are "reserving judgement", , after prejudging, .

Speaking of cnn, as expected, all of it's news commentators ate the story up, believing the attack as true. Yet you still use then as a source of 'truth'.

As I mentioned, I had questions which had suggested the allegation was "fake".

Originally posted by cliffw:
Fact : He was still wearing it when sometime later, when the police showed up at his apartment.
Did he walk all the rest of the way home wearing that noose ? Would you ?

Why didn't he take it off in the safe environment of his apartment ?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2019 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whobody knows?

cliffw knows.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2019 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rinselberg, red or black? Headed with a hard earned twenty to the casino today. Red or black? You choose. I will do the opposite.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2019 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whobody knows?

cliffw knows.

Do you really believe that ?
Let me let you in an another 'truth'.

What can we fairly expect from news media?

Heck, this deserves it's own thread.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2019 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. I have not given myself a close review of how CNN reported this story, from Day One to where it stands, today.

When certain politicians--Kamala Harris and Corey Booker, for example--get carried away with the early reporting on a case like this, and start using it as a stage prop for themselves on social media or in front of microphones, talking about it as if it were an attempted "lynching" and talking about a "need" for new, anti-lynching legislation--I don't think you can blame CNN or the other news media for how those politicians get carried away with it.

My impression is that CNN, in their more basic or straightforward news reports, told their viewers (and readers) that Jussie Smollett brought this story about being attacked to the Chicago PD, and that, based on actual statements to CNN reporters from authorized spokespersons for Chicago PD, the Smollett allegations were being taken seriously and were under active PD investigation.

Then, layered on top of that, are the "pundits." The CNN TV anchors (or columnists) that are of the News AND Opinion kind. So these pundits and the guests on their TV segments are talking about the case in a hypothetical way, as if the Jussie Smollett story of being attacked and victimized by some "MAGA" types (Trump supporters) had already been confirmed by the PD investigation, and therefore the implications for how "Carter Nimrod and Natalie--shorthand for C-N-N viewers" should think about this are "bla-bla-bla." "Jussie Smollett was victimized by President Trump, his rhetoric and his supporters." "Institutional racism." "Traditional anti-homosexual lawlessness, still not curbed because of too much indifference at all levels of government." In other words, What Have You.

But I don't think you can rationally want to just take a sledgehammer to all the pundits and columnists. I think it's fair to say that there could have been more skepticism about the case, on the part of the pundits and columnists, instead of seeing many of them get so far out in front of their skis by talking about the Smollett allegations without reminding the viewers (enough times) that the case was still under investigation.

The flip side of that is that the pundits and columnists will--considering the picture that now seems to be emerging from the Chicago PD investigation--now have an opportunity to go after Jussie Smollett and put his culpability under the national spotlight. I think that is already happening.

I follow MSNBC more closely than CNN (television), and NBC News online, more closely than CNN online.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-19-2019).]

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2019 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK. I have not given myself a close review of how CNN reported this story, from Day One to where it stands, today.

When certain politicians--Kamala Harris and Corey Booker, for example--get carried away with the early reporting on a case like this, and start using it as a stage prop for themselves on social media or in front of microphones, talking about it as if it were an attempted "lynching" and talking about a "need" for new, anti-lynching legislation--I don't think you can blame CNN or the other news media for how those politicians get carried away with it.

My impression is that CNN, in their more basic or straightforward news reports, told their viewers (and readers) that Jussie Smollett brought this story about being attacked to the Chicago PD, and that, based on actual statements to CNN reporters from authorized spokespersons for Chicago PD, the Smollett allegations were being taken seriously and were under active PD investigation.

Then, layered on top of that, are the "pundits." The CNN TV anchors (or columnists) that are of the News AND Opinion kind. So these pundits and the guests on their TV segments are talking about the case in a hypothetical way, as if the Jussie Smollett story of being attacked and victimized by some "MAGA" types (Trump supporters) had already been confirmed by the PD investigation, and therefore the implications for how "Carter Nimrod and Natalie--shorthand for C-N-N viewers" should think about this are "bla-bla-bla." "Jussie Smollett was victimized by President Trump, his rhetoric and his supporters." "Institutional racism." "Traditional anti-homosexual lawlessness, still not curbed because of too much indifference at all levels of government." In other words, What Have You.

But I don't think you can rationally want to just take a sledgehammer to all the pundits and columnists. I think it's fair to say that there could have been more skepticism about the case, on the part of the pundits and columnists, instead of seeing many of them get so far out in front of their skis by talking about the Smollett allegations without reminding the viewers (enough times) that the case was still under investigation.

The flip side of that is that the pundits and columnists will--considering the picture that now seems to be emerging from the Chicago PD investigation--now have an opportunity to go after Jussie Smollett and put his culpability under the national spotlight. I think that is already happening.

I follow MSNBC more closely than CNN (television), and NBC News online, more closely than CNN online.

Muddy the waters all you like. The fact remains this clown committed a crime with the intention of smearing Trump supporters and it looks bad on liberals. You come to the thread and see everyone having a jolly time patting ourselves on the back because we called it from the jump. We’re all very happy that we didn’t follow the trail laid for us by all the other sheep led by the mainstream media. You proceed to pick a-part someone’s narrative regarding the timeline. And then followed up with what I would call nonsense.

Let it go. I know you won’t. I’m sure you’ll give me 900 paragraphs of everything but admitting that this coward filed a false police report and has earned a trip to see a judge. But don’t sweat it big R, I don’t come around here much anymore because the likes of you.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock