Started on: 01-29-2019 12:58 PM
Replies: 87 (1490 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 02-09-2019 07:08 AM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I would like to put a suggested resolution on the table.

NO Ronald.

I do not negotiate or make deals with mentally ill people.

1. There is no demonstrated evidence or expectation that you have the mental capacity to keep a pledge.

2. It isn't productive and only delays you getting the mental health treatment that you so obviously need.

Just GO GET HELP RONALD

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-06-2019).]

IP: Logged
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Clean Up On Aisle Nine."

This is just an edit. An edited version of what I had in my previous statement. Fewer words, more to the point.

I would like to put a resolution on the table.

I am committed to staying away from any future references, however indirect or figure-of-speech like, to any kind of End Of Life event. That's unconditional on my part, and already accepted.

From randye: Refrain from diagnosing "mental illness." Stop the admonitions to "get help." Suppress any further references to psychiatric facilities or hotlines.

I consider this a kind of harassment that has no purpose, other than to try to make the forum conform more exactly to randye's own liking, by trying to discourage me from exercising my full range of options under the Posting Guidelines.

I would like not to be presented with any further "invitations" to create messages that are an expression of my resistance to, and extreme distaste for this kind of behavior.

If anyone is looking in here, at the tail end of this conversation, you can't go wrong by scrolling or paging backwards and reviewing what I have already said.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-08-2019).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2019 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now, now you are the victim? Bwahahahah!

(Sung to some Disney movie tune...)

Just let it go Ronald. Let it go. Let it go.

Edit: Actually did not read the following post. But OMG!

Gonna go back to shoveling snow now. I have some elderly folks in need that have baked goods.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-08-2019).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When a person is rude, I am less inclined to respect their thinking or want to respond to their questions. Whether their questions are explicit or just implicit.

When it comes to rude, forum member randye is in a class by himself. I have not ever before encountered such an online or Internet presence.

I will extend myself, however.

There was real dysfunction going on when I registered with OptiBoard, back in 2004. One of the consequences was that I would not see an eye doctor, and I would not update with the new prescription lenses that were called for. I just persisted in researching online about prescription lenses and spectacle frames. It took an absurdly long time before I was able to get past that and go to an eye doctor and get myself updated with a new frame and prescription lenses. Since then, I have kept my prescription lenses up to date.

I never misrepresented myself as an eye care professional or "ECP" of any kind. At that time, when I registered in 2004, the (now legendary here, it would seem) OptiBoard was not strictly limited to ECPs. The people that I was conversing with online were generally aware that I was not an ECP; just an eye care patient.

I was not the only one in that category (eye care patient) that was involved in the conversations. Even in the technical or ECP-focused sections of the forum.

The rude narrative that Mr randye has presented, that I was some kind of greatly deluded online Troll that pretended to be an ECP, or made a big nuisance of myself in the "Just Conversation" section, is way, way off base. He has drawn that narrative by picking out some very small number of forum messages from a much larger database. A cherry pick. And by mistakenly presuming that whatever it is about me that so remarkably draws his ire here, on Pennock's, was equally offensive to the many at OptiBoard. Wrong.

He may well be unaware that OptiBoard was carefully moderated by the owner, who actually had a team of moderators, with the owner at the top. Were Mr randye, for whatever reason, to have created access for himself at OptiBoard, and then conducted himself as he does here at Pennock's, his OptBoard access would have been terminated in very short order.

I had some "scrapes". Rubbed some people of that forum the wrong way. It happened in the Just Conversation section and in at least one of the ECP or technical sections. But that was more the exception, than the rule. No one got "worked up" about my RadioFreeRinsel act. My "compendium" or directory of my most treasured OptiBoard messages. That was all in the Just Conversation section.

That's as far as I want to extend myself, at this moment.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-08-2019).]

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you hear it?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Now, now you are the victim? Bwahahahah!

(Sung to some Disney movie tune...)

Just let it go Ronald. Let it go. Let it go.

Edit: Actually did not read the following post. But OMG!

Gonna go back to shoveling snow now. I have some elderly folks in need that have baked goods.

You probably should, if you want to understand this long-running member on member vendetta, all the way down to its theoretical foundations.

There are implications for the Pennock's forum, that I believe are likely going to be presented here by your current host (me), in the not too distant future. More than just my already well known harping on the Keep It Civilized guideline.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please pass the butter.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2019 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
changed my mind

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-09-2019).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay