Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  My Paypall account will close in 60 days !! WHAT do I do ???

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Paypall account will close in 60 days !! WHAT do I do ??? by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 01-25-2019 03:12 PM
Replies: 21 (415 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 02-06-2019 02:46 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2019 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got an e-mail this morning that unless I update all my info, including banking info, Paypall is gonna close my account on me and take all my money in there !!

Problem is......I dont have a Paypall account ! .

I'll give the scammers credit though, this isn't your usual Nigerian-prince/king/president scam, they went to a LOT of effort to make everything look "official" on the link they sent.....they just forgot to use HTTPS. Dead give-away.

Better luck next time, azzholes !!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh, I got a call today claiming to be from the Social Security Administration.

The recording said "We have suspended my SS# because they detected fraudulent use of it. Press 1 to learn more".

Oh, I wanted to buy I was time constrained.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the Paypal one myself. I never click any link on those without calling in person to verify. I got one from American Express too. My mailbox account gets at least 2 warnings every day, for last 6 years, that my account is going to be closed in 24 hrs. Latest scam I got yesterday was from Kroger grocery store. I go there so called and checked it out...bogus. They offered me $400 a week to be a secret shopper...just click the I accept link....
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
I'll give the scammers credit though, this isn't your usual Nigerian-prince/king/president scam, they went to a LOT of effort to make everything look "official" on the link they sent....

You mean I don't really have relatives in Nigeria?? I got a letter from my long-lost Aunt just yesterday.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember not to fall for the IRS phone call scam. The IRS sends certified letters, they do not call.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is one that is making the rounds.

Hello!

As you may have noticed, I sent you an email from your account.
This means that I have full access to your account.

I've been watching you for a few months now.
The fact is that you were infected with malware through an adult site that you visited.

If you are not familiar with this, I will explain.
Trojan Virus gives me full access and control over a computer or other device.
This means that I can see everything on your screen, turn on the camera and microphone, but you do not know about it.

I also have access to all your contacts and all your correspondence.

Why your antivirus did not detect malware?
Answer: My malware uses the driver, I update its signatures every 4 hours so that your antivirus is silent.

I made a video showing how you satisfy yourself in the left half of the screen, and in the right half you see the video that you watched.
With one click of the mouse, I can send this video to all your emails and contacts on social networks. I can also post access to all your e-mail correspondence and messengers that you use.

If you want to prevent this, transfer the amount of $718 to my bitcoin address (if you do not know how to do this, write to Google: “Buy Bitcoin” .

My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 1JmfaVr3x5fRKRmuhUBpWNQFy51Sfo4T6u

After receiving the payment, I will delete the video and you will never hear me again.
I give you 48 hours to pay.
I have a notice reading this letter, and the timer will work when you see this letter.

Filing a complaint somewhere does not make sense because this email cannot be tracked like my bitcoin address.
I do not make any mistakes.

If I find that you have shared this message with someone else, the video will be immediately distributed.

Best wishes!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Hello!

As you may have noticed, I sent you an email from your account ...

I got a text from ?someone?, 92-914, which said I no longer have bill reminder. That if I wanted it turned back on, that I should text 'yes' back.

, I don't want any bill reminders. I am well aware of them.

Funny thing, I texted back "who are you". They responded with "ok, your reminder will be turned back on". Then I get another message saying, "sorry, we did not understand your reply. Confirm by texting "yes".
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received an email from Fed Ex about a package for delivery. Unfortunately I opened it and received an encripto virus on my files. and an $800 request in bit coins. I took my computer back to the computer store for them to clean the files. The was a$130 charge to clean the computer plus losing many files mostly photo files and some Excel spread sheets. I no longer open any files that I don't recognize.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I received an email from Fed Ex about a package for delivery. Unfortunately I opened it and received an encripto virus on my files. and an $800 request in bit coins. I took my computer back to the computer store for them to clean the files. The was a$130 charge to clean the computer plus losing many files mostly photo files and some Excel spread sheets. I no longer open any files that I don't recognize.

My step son used to work on computers for missile systems while in the Air Force. He has reset my computer back to a previous date, at my home, which cleared all the problems.

I am computer illiterate. Verify my thoughts.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 01-26-2019).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Heh, I got a call today claiming to be from the Social Security Administration.

The recording said "We have suspended my SS# because they detected fraudulent use of it. Press 1 to learn more".

Oh, I wanted to buy I was time constrained.

I got the same robo call yesterday. I just basically hang up anytime I get a recorded voice unless I know the number/person.

Nelson
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2019 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I got the same robo call yesterday. I just basically hang up anytime I get a recorded voice unless I know the number/person.

Nelson

Same here.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a somewhat humorous email that circulated as a "manual virus". The idea is that you do the damage yourself; no payload or links. The instructions are to delete personal and system files. Some people fall for this.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My home telephone system screens EVERY incoming call. If caller ID is someone I know, or expecting, Ill answer. Otherwise answering machine picks up. If its an unknown number, you have to leave a message. If you dont leave a message, all I have to do is click block number. Then that number can never ever call me again. I can block a single number, by area code, or by 3 digit exchange number (thats great for robo callers who have many different phone numbers in the same exchange). It cut down on telemarketing calls from 30-40 a day to 3 or 4 a week.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2019 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

It cut down on telemarketing calls from 30-40 a day to 3 or 4 a week.

We have a national "Do Not Call" list up here....and all the telemarketers did was move operations overseas and say "frack your lists and your laws"....So, we lost those jobs, and STILL have to fight to be left the hell alone.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Hello!

As you may have noticed, I sent you an email from your account.
This means that I have full access to your account.

I've been watching you for a few months now.
The fact is that you were infected with malware through an adult site that you visited.

If you are not familiar with this, I will explain.
Trojan Virus gives me full access and control over a computer or other device.
This means that I can see everything on your screen, turn on the camera and microphone, but you do not know about it.

I also have access to all your contacts and all your correspondence.

Why your antivirus did not detect malware?
Answer: My malware uses the driver, I update its signatures every 4 hours so that your antivirus is silent.

I made a video showing how you satisfy yourself in the left half of the screen, and in the right half you see the video that you watched.
With one click of the mouse, I can send this video to all your emails and contacts on social networks. I can also post access to all your e-mail correspondence and messengers that you use.

If you want to prevent this, transfer the amount of $718 to my bitcoin address (if you do not know how to do this, write to Google: “Buy Bitcoin” .

My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 1JmfaVr3x5fRKRmuhUBpWNQFy51Sfo4T6u

After receiving the payment, I will delete the video and you will never hear me again.
I give you 48 hours to pay.
I have a notice reading this letter, and the timer will work when you see this letter.

Filing a complaint somewhere does not make sense because this email cannot be tracked like my bitcoin address.
I do not make any mistakes.

If I find that you have shared this message with someone else, the video will be immediately distributed.

Best wishes!

lmao! Iv gotten that one also..

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jonesy

4694 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

We have a national "Do Not Call" list up here....and all the telemarketers did was move operations overseas and say "frack your lists and your laws"....So, we lost those jobs, and STILL have to fight to be left the hell alone.

yeah we have one too, i remember when it first came out, we signed up for it.. It never worked. lol. Still got solicitors/scammers calling daily. Just ditched the house phone, never used it anyway.

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a phone call from 800-922-0204 saying that they were my phone carrier and someone purchased a phone to an address that was different that the one we have been using. The trick was they put a password request in online, and then they ask you to read back the password from your message. I told him I do not give out any passwords over the phone and after some back and fourth, he gave up.
What the internet says about the number: "Consumers usually believe the calls are genuine because their Caller ID reports the calling number originates with Verizon Wireless customer service. But such caller ID information can now be easily manipulated or faked, making it harder than ever to truly know who is calling."
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres a new one ive never seen before. I dont know if its legit or not, ill just wait and see or call Google in person. Anyone else have any info? I obviously have google on my cmptrs, but dont know what google+ even is.

"
Google+ Team <noreply@plus.google.com>
Fri, Feb 1, 3:18 PM (4 days ago)

You've received this email because you have a consumer (personal) Google+ account or you manage a Google+ page.

In December 2018, we announced our decision to shut down Google+ for consumers in April 2019 due to low usage and challenges involved in maintaining a successful product that meets consumers' expectations. We want to thank you for being part of Google+ and provide next steps, including how to download your photos and other content.

On April 2nd, your Google+ account and any Google+ pages you created will be shut down and we will begin deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts. Photos and videos from Google+ in your Album Archive and your Google+ pages will also be deleted. You can download and save your content, just make sure to do so before April. Note that photos and videos backed up in Google Photos will not be deleted.

The process of deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts, Google+ Pages, and Album Archive will take a few months, and content may remain through this time. For example, users may still see parts of their Google+ account via activity log and some consumer Google+ content may remain visible to G Suite users until consumer Google+ is deleted.

As early as February 4th, you will no longer be able to create new Google+ profiles, pages, communities or events.

See the full FAQ for more details and updates leading up to the shutdown.

If you're a Google+ Community owner or moderator, you may download and save your data for your Google+ Community. Starting early March 2019, additional data will be available for download, including author, body, and photos for every community post in a public community. Learn more

If you sign in to sites and apps using the Google+ Sign-in button, these buttons will stop working in the coming weeks but in some cases may be replaced by a Google Sign-in button. You'll still be able to sign in with your Google Account wherever you see Google Sign-in buttons. Learn more

If you've used Google+ for comments on your own or other sites, this feature will be removed from Blogger by February 4th and other sites by March 7th. All your Google+ comments on all sites will be deleted starting April 2, 2019. Learn more

If you're a G Suite customer, Google+ for your G Suite account should remain active. Contact your G Suite administrator for more details. You can also expect a new look and new features soon. Learn more

If you're a developer using Google+ APIs or Google+ Sign-in, click here to see how this will impact you.

From all of us on the Google+ team, thank you for making Google+ such a special place. We are grateful for the talented group of artists, community builders, and thought leaders who made Google+ their home. It would not have been the same without your passion and dedication.

Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google+ Page, product or account.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 02-05-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep getting messages on one of my email accounts, claiming to be from the administrator, saying things like "your account has been hacked", "you need to change your password" or "your account is being shut down". The problem is that I own the domain and run the server myself. I am the one and only administrator. Some people just aren't that bright.

Roger, that Google+ email is legit.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wife and I each get about four scam calls a day lately.

What I don't get is that they all try to mimic our phone numbers, I guess so the number looks familiar, but me getting calls from Phoenix doesn't work. I just got the number there.

I don't know where they get the numbers from to call, as they are cell phones. It's irritating to say the least. I have to put my phone on "Do Not Disturb" while I sleep because they call constantly.

Usually, if I answer they have a recording saying something like my account has been compromised, or my CC, or it's a collection and to push 1 to connect to a person. If I push 1 it hangs up. Occasionally the first part manages to make it to my voicemail.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

...me getting calls from Phoenix doesn't work...

Damn...I guess I'll have to come up with a better scam.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

The wife and I each get about four scam calls a day lately.

What I don't get is that they all try to mimic our phone numbers, I guess so the number looks familiar, but me getting calls from Phoenix doesn't work. I just got the number there.

I don't know where they get the numbers from to call, as they are cell phones. It's irritating to say the least. I have to put my phone on "Do Not Disturb" while I sleep because they call constantly.

Usually, if I answer they have a recording saying something like my account has been compromised, or my CC, or it's a collection and to push 1 to connect to a person. If I push 1 it hangs up. Occasionally the first part manages to make it to my voicemail.

I dont think they even pick out phone numbers for the most part. They just robo call every number in order till someone bites. My phone permanently blocks any call from a number I dont know, or if I dont know it, blocks them if they dont leave a message. Then that number doesnt even ring in anymore. If they do leave a message, and its a telemarket call, i just click the block button and theyre gone forever too. The number they call from is saved in my caller ID though till I erase them. Ive seen the same number try and call me back 5 times in 2 minutes. I was getting 25-30 telemarket calls a day until I got the new phones, now I might get one a week. My cell phone ignores any incoming call not listed in my contacts. It dont even have voicemail or a message.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock