Started on: 01-24-2019 05:58 AM
Replies: 21 (437 views)
Last post by: randye on 01-25-2019 06:43 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Build the wall/fence/barrier !

Originally posted by Boondawg:
... this forum IS a product of Europe!

I would be interested in his (Cliff Penock's) take on the border wall controversy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone has a right to an opinion on anything.

Those opinions that matter are the opinions of those effected by the issue directly.

If the Neatherlands were under siege by large numbers of foreign invaders, the founder's (Cliff) opinion would and should have significance

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-24-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
If the Neatherlands were under siege by large numbers of foreign invaders, the founder's (Cliff) opinion would and should have significance.

Understood Ron but some people have the respect for the thoughts of others.

I am interested in Boondawgs opinion.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

One might want to be more direct in the query. It appeared to me that you were asking for anyone's opinion.
Will step back and see what occurs.

Rams
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A technological barrier could be turned off by politicians, hacked by digital intruders and require periodical technological updates to remain viable.

A physical barrier would require funding to be torn down.

Both approaches, in unison, would be a good approach.

A physical barrier, augmented by technology.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 01-24-2019).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2019 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately, for the most part the above has not been my experience here as of late.
I see very little evidence of “respect for the thoughts of others”.

In my case, my opinions have been met with personal insults regarding my character, my job, and my Wife.

So I’m sure you’ll understand my hesitation in believing your request is really in the interest of sharing thoughts & ideas and not yet another attempt at dragging me through some kind of manufactured verbal mud that doesn’t exist.

I enjoy exploratory conversation, but that’s not what happens here if it is believed (wether it’s true or not) that you are outside of the prevailing opinion.

In my experience, a request like yours has little to do with discussing the subject at hand, and more to do with personally attacking the person who has that opinion.

It’s probably understandable when dealing with some immature internet youth, but amongst mature grown men with tons of real-life experience at the meaning of honor & respect, well it’s just a damn shame they choose to leave this as an example to all of how grown men interact with each other.

I wasn’t brought up to be disrespectful of others.
Maybe some just didn’t have that kind of upbringing.
But maybe it can be learned.

Of course, the above is only an opinion...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-24-2019).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2019 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on topic:

Build that wall Mr. President!

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "Border Wall" is simply a way to hold a middle finger to our current President. Both parties have backed a wall / fence / security in promises and speeches. They need to do it, just in an effort to identify who is here. The overstays, the bulk of illegally in the country have been at least briefly identified at points of entry.
I recently traveled, when coming in, I had my picture taken as I was going through customs even tho I had a passport with my picture.
ZCR1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZCR1Send a Private Message to ZCR1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't Norway just finish building a border "wall" to keep refugees from Russia out?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have expressed my opinion on this subject before. I believe that the wall will go a long way towards alleviating one of the biggest problems facing our nation today, and will significantly reduce the associated human suffering.

If you live in New York or South Dakota, it may not seem like a big deal, but I live less than 120 miles from the border, a vuelo de pájaro. We are surrounded by the results of our lack of action on this issue.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I have expressed my opinion on this subject before. I believe that the wall will go a long way towards alleviating one of the biggest problems facing our nation today, and will significantly reduce the associated human suffering.

If you live in New York or South Dakota, it may not seem like a big deal, but I live less than 120 miles from the border, a vuelo de pájaro. We are surrounded by the results of our lack of action on this issue.

Funny how that works, those farthest from the issues and surrounded by walls dictate what you need.
Time for some new representation. Perhaps someone that grew up facing these and has first hand knowledge.

I lived in Florida for 30 years and saw both sides. I worked with a diverse group of professionals. None of them came here expecting more than they were willing to put in.
But I also saw the house hold of 15 people and multiple cars parked around a 3 bedroom house. Where one person was doing all the work and 14 others were taking advantage.
Its not everyone that needs kept out but there has to be a way to vet these people and bring in those that are going to contribute.
Just wanting or needing is not enough there are plenty of people like that here already.

The wall will cut down on those that are just dumped to die on this side of the border, it will cut down on those held in sweat shops.
The wall is a big start to end the human traffic problem.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, we don't have hundreds of undocumented Norwegians dying of exposure in the north woods of Minnesota. That doesn't make it a racial issue, that makes it a geographical issue. Are Arizona, New Mexico and Texas less important than New York and Illinois?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-24-2019).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Williegoat kind of brings up a point, maybe each state should be allowed to build its own?
That seems to be the way most other "issues" are going.

The thing is a wall is most likely going to have a door. If the laws of who is allowed through the door or over the wall aren't set up and followed, then the wall itself doesn't seem effective to me.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-24-2019).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Building walls is a common practice for securing borders. It's been used throughout history. I don't see a problem with that.

IMO, the only reason the border wall is controversial is because the leftists see it as a threat to their ideology. F*** ideology! The welfare of the nation is more important.

I could rant on about how ideology is supposed to be a means to an end, rather than an end in itself. But that's a story for another time.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-25-2019).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2019 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately, for the most part the above has not been my experience here as of late.

In my case, my opinions have been met with personal insults regarding my character, my job, and my Wife.

So I’m sure you’ll understand my hesitation in believing your request is really in the interest of sharing thoughts & ideas and not yet another attempt at dragging me through some kind of manufactured verbal mud that doesn’t exist.

I enjoy exploratory conversation, but that’s not what happens here if it is believed (wether it’s true or not) that you are outside of the prevailing opinion.

In my experience, a request like yours has little to do with discussing the subject at hand, and more to do with personally attacking the person who has that opinion.

It’s probably understandable when dealing with some immature internet youth, but amongst mature grown men with tons of real-life experience at the meaning of honor & respect, well it’s just a damn shame they choose to leave this as an example to all of how grown men interact with each other.

I wasn’t brought up to be disrespectful of others.
Maybe some just didn’t have that kind of upbringing.
But maybe it can be learned.

Of course, the above is only an opinion...

Annndddd....Just as soon as you all learn that MY opinion id the only one that matters, we will get along just fine.

So there !
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Williegoat kind of brings up a point, maybe each state should be allowed to build its own?
That seems to be the way most other "issues" are going.

The thing is a wall is most likely going to have a door. If the laws of who is allowed through the door or over the wall aren't set up and followed, then the wall itself doesn't seem effective to me.

It would turn into another money grab, no the boarder states are not the only ones with skin in the game.
Its only a matter of time and we do not have much left.
We are being lead around by social media and fake news.
You can feel safe in your state if you want but sooner or later the laws passed now will come to affect you and you will be footing the bill for something you would rather not pay for now.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

It would turn into another money grab, no the boarder states are not the only ones with skin in the game.
Its only a matter of time and we do not have much left.
We are being lead around by social media and fake news.
You can feel safe in your state if you want but sooner or later the laws passed now will come to affect you and you will be footing the bill for something you would rather not pay for now.

I do agree. Its not about me not wanting ot pay for it. Just some sort of work around to get it done.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You will note that I said "some people". I did say I would be interested in hearing yours. I can respect your opinion even if I disagree. I can not respect your opinion if it is not worth defending/explaining.

For the record ... I respect your character, your vocation and the dedication to it, and tell your wife I miss her, .

Do you think I drag, try to you drag you through manufactured verbal mud that doesn’t exist ? That others try to do the same ?
An important question ? Why would anyone want to ?
I have a theory.

Your silence is deafening. You have answered my question, all of them. I don't need to look back of ten years of your post to understand your reasons for posting. You have not changed. I suppose neither have I.

So, you do believe I wanted to set you up for a personal attack. If I wanted to set you up for a personal attack, I don't, it would be for not defending your opinion. One can not have an exploratory conversation if one does not qualify why they have that opinion. They can not change anyone else's, and will not have the opportunity to rethink their own. A double fail in my opinion.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2019 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your silence...

Most of the problem here seems to be with basic reading comprehension.

You have applied everything I said above as if I was saying it about you.
I was clearly speaking about my past experiences.
Never once did I say “with you”.
Yet you applied all I wrote as if I did.

If you cannot comprehend what I write, how can you understand my answer?
You will just apply to it what you think it means, instead of what is actually written.

What is the point?

P.S. Have I ever brought yours, or anyone else’s wife into a conversation here?
And no one else here sees that as completely stepping over the line?

THATS the silence that is deafening.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2019 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are posting the "Wife" issue about me, then you are wrong. I did not offend anything other than you. If you took something wrongly...

Am I the one you are speaking of Don?

Edit: The wall will be built under President Trump.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-25-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree somewhat. I'm not sure that it is most of the problem, and reading comprehension is not a one sided street.

You have applied everything I said above as if I was saying it about you.
I was clearly speaking about my past experiences.
Never once did I say “with you”.
Yet you applied all I wrote as if I did.

I did not.

You will note that I said "some people".

Do you think I drag, try to you drag you through manufactured verbal mud that doesn’t exist ?

So, you do believe I wanted to set you up for a personal attack ?

Yes, I see your point about reading comprehension.

You will just apply to it what you think it means, instead of what is actually written.

Kettle, meet pot.

P.S. Have I ever brought yours, or anyone else’s wife into a conversation here?
And no one else here sees that as completely stepping over the line?

THATS the silence that is deafening.

My gosh ! Sensitive much ? It appears so. Easily butt hurt. I did not bring your wife into it. After lauding two compliments at you I quip a little joke about you wife. To bring levity to the conversation.

Stepping over the line ? I guess I owe you an apology if I did. 'Cept I don't think I did. I will proclaim to the internet that I have never met her, never spoken with her, or even seen her or her picture. I have never met Boondawg either.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 01-25-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whines about "civility".

Accuses another forum member of "reading comprehension" problems.

Trying to Weasel out of responsibility for it by claiming "it was just a question", in 4....3....2....

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-25-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock