Started on: 01-20-2019 07:05 PM
Replies: 106 (1750 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 02-09-2019 11:56 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I caught the news right, Poloser cancelled the President giving the State of Union in the House where its normally been given, that she runs. Well the Constitution states he must give one, and its typically at the beginning of the calendar year Jan-early Feb. So my idea is for him to give it over tv from the Oval Office, and closed circuit to Senate and House. If the House members prefer not to watch, who cares. He follows the Constitution and anyone who wants including public hears it live. The Amendment only states he has to give it, doesnt say anyone has to listen. So Poloser misses out.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-24-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, if he gave it over TV with NO closed circuit to Congress there would be multiple benefits:

1-no security needed at a giant government meeting
2-no interruptions for applause from half the congressional audience (shorter telecast)
3-President could still showcase specific people-groups (has then walk on then off camera)
4-??

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Nasty Nancy will not invite the president, Mitch McConnell should step up and invite him to speak in the senate chamber.
The guest list will, of course, have to be pared back. Those who will miss the opportunity may blame Nancy for her petty behavior.
The Constitutional requirement can be satisfied with nothing more than a written report.

Article II, Section 3:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-20-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19455 posts
Member since Mar 2009
In the last week, Nancy Pelosi has refused relief for the DACA recipients for whom the left claims to care so much, she has tried to sneak out of the country using taxpayer funded resources during a time which many government employees must go without a paycheck and has broken away from an American tradition that has stood for over 100 years. All of this because of a personal, petty grudge.

Anyone who cannot now see the absolutely childish hypocrisy is just (and I will try to be polite here) not paying attention.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2019 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Actually, if he gave it over TV with NO closed circuit to Congress there would be multiple benefits:

1-no security needed at a giant government meeting
2-no interruptions for applause from half the congressional audience (shorter telecast)
3-President could still showcase specific people-groups (has then walk on then off camera)
4-??

That one is easy!

Give the SOTU address FROM THE SOUTHERN BORDER.

Feature border control agents, ICE, US military, state police, and include American families who have suffered loss at the hands of illegal alien killers and criminals.

Do NOT release the text of the address ahead of time and do NOT release the identity of "special invited guests".

There is no legal requirement, or need, to give your opposition warning or time to prepare their (lame) rebuttal.

Make the case directly to the American People for the wall, uninterrupted and unimpeded.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-21-2019).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

That one is easy!

Feature border control agents, ICE, US military, state police, and include American families who have suffered loss at the hands of illegal killers and criminals.

Do NOT release the text of the address ahead of time and do NOT release the identity of "special invited guests".

There is no legal requirement, or need, to give your opposition warning or time to prepare their (lame) rebuttal.

Make the case directly to the American People for the wall, uninterrupted and unimpeded.

That's something I've wondered about lately. If the Left is such an enemy, and if President Trump really wants them off their mark, why release his speeches to them in advance? Or, better idea, release a speech that is nowhere near what you are going to be talking about, make them look like the fools they are.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
If I caught the news right, Poloser cancelled the President giving the State of Union in the House ...

Incorrect. She asked that he cancel/delay it until the government shut down is over, citing security concerns. The security has been planned for months and even special guest list have been sent out.

In fact, according to the Constitution, he can not be barred from giving any kind of address in the House. Article II something. ( I heard it discussed on a radio news show, and fact checked during a commercial. )
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give the State of the Union from the oval office. Worst part of watching is all the pauses waiting for either side's clapping seals to shut up

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

That one is easy!

Feature border control agents, ICE, US military, state police, and include American families who have suffered loss at the hands of illegal alien killers and criminals.

Not bad.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad at all, would be a great move to push his agenda uninterrupted and piss off the dumbocraps at the same time.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 01-23-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
7 days out, the question is, what is the state of the State of the Union address?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is why I like Trump:

“Therefore, I will be honoring your invitation, and fulfilling my Constitutional duty, to deliver important information to the people and Congress of the United States of America regarding the State of our Union,” Trump wrote. “I look forward to seeing you on the evening on January 29th in the Chamber of the House of Representatives. It would be so very sad for our country if the State of the Union were not delivered on time, on schedule, and very importantly, on location!”

Trump tells Pelosi he plans to proceed with State of the Union next week

The only thing missing is Jake_Dragon's now famous tag line.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-23-2019).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And Nancy says 'No'!

https://www.cbsnews.com/new...ter-to-pelosi-today/

What a piece of work.....
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

And Nancy says 'No'!

Yeah, I read that she could (and did once before) shut off the lights and the PA system, but in the same section of The Constitution that I posted above, it says "he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses". It seems to me that he has the power.

It seems to me that Pelosi intends to commandeer that which rightfully belongs to the people.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Yeah, I read that she could (and did once before) shut off the lights and the PA system,...

Seems to be what libs do.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And Nancy says 'No'!

"A source familiar with the planning for any such address told CBS News the White House had also been considering holding a political rally outside of Washington."

PLEASE do the SOTU from the Southern border !

The speech almost writes itself.

"My fellow Americans, while Congressional Democrats have partied on the beaches of Puerto Rico with wealthy celebrities and lobbyists and have attempted to use the resources of the United States Military to fly off on foreign public relations junkets during the current government shutdown, here at the southern border of our country a serious crisis of the security of our nation continues."

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-23-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Seems to be what libs do.

In August of 2008, she adjourned the House, turned off the lights and shut off the microphones while the Republicans were arguing for off-shore drilling. The Republicans kept talking anyway.

She also seized the house chambers in 2016, when she and her comrades staged a sit in, literally on the floor of the house chamber.

These are not the tactics of a rational adult.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

In August of 2008, she adjourned the House, turned off the lights and shut off the microphones while the Republicans were arguing for off-shore drilling. The Republicans kept talking anyway.

She also seized the house chambers in 2016, when she and her comrades staged a sit in, literally on the floor of the house chamber.

These are not the tactics of a rational adult.

"Inside every leftist is a totalitarian screaming to get out."
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Capitol building, including the House Chamber, does not belong to Nancy Pelosi. They belong to you and me.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He can convene Congress, but they are already in session.
He cannot hold the SOTU in the House, without proper authorization from the House.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He cannot hold the SOTU in the House, without proper authorization from the House.

OK. I will accept that. Can you show me how that opinion is formed, so that I can stand on solid ground when I repeat it?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2019 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am so very curious about this myself. Not asking to make you do the homework. I believe your written word.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The House and Senate must pass certain legislation to meet in Joint Session.
Pelosi has refused to bring the resolution to the floor.

Google was absolutely worthless when searching this afternoon for the info, but it was there yesterday......

Funny how that works.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2019 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We often find the same thing looking for information.

I had read it also. Just had to defuse through pages of it myself looking for what I asked. I could not find the article. I finally asked you.

Edit: I am on the wagon of do not hold a rally style address. We do not need to bid for a wall that we need.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-23-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Televised speech from the White House, or an address in the Senate Chamber.

No rally style presentation.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Edit: I am on the wagon of do not hold a rally style address. We do not need to bid for a wall that we need.

Be VERY suspicious of that claim.

The ONLY sources that have said anything about a "rally" are the usual leftist bomb-thrower, propaganda, media suspects.

"A source familiar with the planning for any such address told CBS News the White House had also been considering holding a political rally outside of Washington."

"CNN’s Jim Acosta said that an administration official confirmed to him that the speech could take place outside of Washington, D.C. at one of Trump’s signature political rallies."

https://www.rawstory.com/20...ery-political-rally/

You may rest assured that if it isn't an address in the House chamber specifically "allowed" by Pelosi under her terms will be called anything other than a SOTU Address by the obedient media propaganda arm of the DNC.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-23-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if if POTUS has mentioned to the Speaker that he has had no Bills passed by both Houses of Congress presented to him for his signature.
I wonder why the press hasn't mentioned this in their coverage.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not Official official, but this comes from a news feed: A resolution passed by Congress is required as a matter of procedure.

TRUMP DELAYS STATE OF THE UNION: President Trump announced on Twitter late Wednesday that he will not give a State of the Union address until after the partial government shutdown is over ... The president's announcement was the culmination of a tense day of political chess between Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. The San Francisco Democrat told Trump that the House would not approve a resolution allowing him to address Congress in the House Chamber until after the government reopens. White House officials explored other possible venues for Trump to give the State of the Union address.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he has a message to the American people on January 29.
It won't be called SOTU, but he will be on TV, countering the Democrats and media messaging.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Letting it be postponed because of the tantrum of Pelosi might be good, she will go down in the history books for acting like a 1st grader having a tantrum, while blocking speech.
Is this the first time this has happened for a State of the Union Address?
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2019 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trey Gowdy mentioned a rally style SOTU address. That is where I came across the thought.

I have no issue waiting for the address.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He could still submit his report in writing:

Dear Nancy,

The state of the union is NOT GREAT.

Best regards,

Donald

Actually, I have learned from watching Trump over the last couple of years, that he always has something up his sleeve. I'll just sit back and wait to see what it is.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-24-2019).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2019 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Senator Graham...

Edited so as not to bump:

About 4 minutes or so in. Interesting what is being asked as well as what is being answered. Listen to the "reporters" battle for position.

Edited so as not to bump:

I will leave this snippet here. Just the SOTU address by then President Obama in 2010. I am currently listening to it.

Without history, we cannot know our future.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-24-2019).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

7 days out, the question is, what is the state of the State of the Union address?

Just what it says, the President describes the current state of the Nation, and his plans for the near future.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by cliffw:

Incorrect. She asked that he cancel/delay it until the government shut down is over, citing security concerns. The security has been planned for months and even special guest list have been sent out.

In fact, according to the Constitution, he can not be barred from giving any kind of address in the House. Article II something. ( I heard it discussed on a radio news show, and fact checked during a commercial. )

I dont know how you can say incorrect...she asked him first, but last I saw she most recently stated "not in MY house". She apparently thinks she owns the House of Rep. Sounds like the kid who takes his ball home because he cant be captain.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So can Trump do the SOTU space even without the consent of the Speaker? Can he just so up and turn the lights on and let people in?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

So can Trump do the SOTU space even without the consent of the Speaker? Can he just so up and turn the lights on and let people in?

If you're talking about just showing up and using the House of Representatives chamber on his own, then NO.

HINT: 3 separate branches of government, Administrative, Legislative and Judicial

The SOTU Address does NOT have to be done in the US Capitol building, in the House chamber.
Nothing in the Constitution requires that.
It has simply been a tradition for many years.

My belief is that the left honestly thinks that they can deny President Trump his opportunity to deliver his first SOTU before they impeach him. (which obviously isn't going to happen).

That is how crazy and hateful they are now.

The Dems, with their new 8% majority in the House, have now turned every single House special committee, (ways & means, judiciary, finance, intel, etc.), into "investigating" President Trump and every single member of his administration. That is their sole mission in life now.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-25-2019).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They still apparently dont realize that impeachment will never happen...the Senate has to approve it. Just the House saying its going to impeach is worthless drivel. The Senate and Supreme Court that would preside over a trial, AFTER it secured a House vote, are both controlled by the Republicans. It will really take some bad stuff to convict their own sitting president.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-25-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Does it depend on what your definition of "is" is?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock