Started on: 01-18-2019 07:44 AM
Replies: 51 (770 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-24-2019 04:31 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

well if you believe those cnn/msnbc/etc polls. you know the ones that said Clinton was a shoe in.
na, they never skew the poll to fit a narrative.

I'm going back to lerking. as I'm remembering why I took a break from here.
the arrow is moving left. for having a conversation and even though everyone will claim they don't , the arrow movement tells the tail of the tape.

Just my opinion but based on the President's recent offer to compromise, I'm thinking he is reading the same tea leaves I am.

Rams

IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Those saying walls dont work, isnt there one between north and south Korea. How about the Wall of China (over 10,000 miles), Berlin Wall, and Israels wall with Syria...they worked.

No Roger, the Koreas are divided by the DMZ which is supposedly military free (generally 2.5 miles wide) with both sides guarded by multiple forms of security. But, you were close. Generally speaking, walls do work because they force those wishing to cross over into areas more easily monitored. No wall will be 100% successful but, few things are.
Edited: The DMZ does have a small amount of "Tank Barrier structures" but, in no way could they be considered a Wall as the term would imply to stop groups or individuals from crossing.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-20-2019).]

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Yea the fed employed workers could be in for a long haul. Fed jobs are risky like that.
Do the ones that are forced to work anyway since they are necessary, get back pay when the gov comes back online?

That depends on the contracts they signed. Some could come back with back pay and interest.
That us what happened here in California about 10 years ago. The State workers got furloughed and had to come to work without pay for 3 days a month. When the furlongs were over, some workers go back pay and others did not....AND because of contractual language some could not even get furloughed. Some just had to work for free.....well not exactly. We got "comp time" basically the time we worked without pay was added to our vacation time.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TSA people apparently only make $10.xx per hour.

That having been stated, a few years ago, congressmen were bouncing checks left and fight, and this was apparently a common thing. Maybe this changed....

It is very sad. Keeping up with payments on 4 houses with staff, several cars, etc can be difficult.

In the real world, we wouldn't get paid, at all. If we don't come in to do our job, we don't get paid. Period. This calling off work sick nonsense would get us fired. We can't just increase our rates or push our customers into drbt because we can't control our expenses. We don't get raises for doing a bad job. Our customers go elsewhere if they aren't happy with us.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the money that POTUS wants for the wall is allocated for repairs to existing sections.
Very little of it goes to new sections of barrier.
The media is misleading the public.

I know, what a shocker!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I find, TSA workers average $40,000 per year. Thats $800 +/- a week...I wouldnt call that bad. That goes quite a way if your not addicted to drugs and alcohol. I do ok with $1000 a month from SS. Of course I dont have rent, medical or car payments...but I have the same other bills every month everyone else does.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2019 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

From what I find, TSA workers average $40,000 per year. Thats $800 +/- a week...I wouldnt call that bad. That goes quite a way if your not addicted to drugs and alcohol. I do ok with $1000 a month from SS. Of course I dont have rent, medical or car payments...but I have the same other bills every month everyone else does.

Depends where you live. and frankly any place near airports tend to be major cities and don't have a cheap cost of living.
40 gross. so 29013 take home. going rent in boston 1800-2400 for an apartment .so 1800x12=21600 leaving you with 7413.00 for food, health insurance,vehicle or mass tran pass, fuel,heat, electric, phone, renters insurance. ya, as you were say'n. pop's
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you think it would be in Trump's power to shut down Congressional salaries? If the pols were feeling the pinch I think the deal would get done. Then again I think 90% of them are rich and it wouldn't mean a thing to miss a few checks.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Do you think it would be in Trump's power to shut down Congressional salaries? If the pols were feeling the pinch I think the deal would get done. Then again I think 90% of them are rich and it wouldn't mean a thing to miss a few checks.

Even if it were in the power of a President to shut off Congressional salary payments during a government shutdown, (it isn't), that would still mean that both political parties stop receiving income.

I see only ONE party refusing to fund the wall, so punishing both seems "unproductive".
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2019 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Hmm, ..., landing on the Moon ... frack Yeah !

Ray Wylie Hubbard
Click to show
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im disappointed Trump caved to Peloser on the State of the Union Address. We will hear for the next week how she shut Trump down.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock