Started on: 01-11-2019 07:35 PM
Replies: 18 (274 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-20-2019 10:05 AM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Calling it now - First vehicle will be rushed out the door based on the Bolt platform (which was derived from the Spark) - It will be the spiritual successor to the Cimarron, and a total sales flop, priced around $50k, and soon after discounted to similar levels as the previous Volt based ELR.

IP: Logged

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 291
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I still want a gas-guzzling, 500 CID, hot-rod Caddy hearse !!!

Environment ? Offensive ?...yeh, GFY !

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a shame the ELR was expensive and they killed the volt the ELR was fantastic looking.

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 186
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Calling it now - First vehicle will be rushed out the door based on the Bolt platform (which was derived from the Spark) - It will be the spiritual successor to the Cimarron, and a total sales flop, priced around $50k, and soon after discounted to similar levels as the previous Volt based ELR.

Good call.

In typical Government Motors fashion they are completely ignoring the demographics of their core market again.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 291
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Good call.

In typical Government Motors fashion they are completely ignoring the demographics of their core market again.

Hey, they did that with the Fiero...we lucked out on that one.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 01-12-2019).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkClick Here to Email MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have an older 2008 Cadillac STS with a 4.6 NorthStar in it. And last night I took it for a drive and for the first time since I bought it, I turned off the traction control and then stomped on it. It was a rush. Spinning tires, smoke and somewhat sideways. Really enjoyed that. If they can get an Electric Caddie to do that get 350 to 400 miles on a charge and recharge in about 10 minutes it will sell like hotcakes. But, I seriously doubt that will happen.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2019 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All the bolt needs is the I.T guys to program in a big lumpy cammed big block exhaust thump into the stereo. They have the software, they already do this crap in the Camaro/mustang /etc.

Make the electric cars that are quick, sound it to the person behind the wheel, and they'll sell every dam one. FACT!!!

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 542
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2019 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You and others are missing the "big picture..." Because GM isn't going after the "core market." They want a different market.

GM et al will sell them to "Greenies" that want E-cars and don't want or trust E. M. and Tesla's Hype cars.

Tesla will now have a harder time to make and sell any car w/ GM and others making E-cars easily available soon thru normal Dealers networks worldwide.
Worse w/ M3 and more bad reviews.
Then add Telsa is voiding warranties and disabling major features or even the whole car for 3rd party repairs.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2019 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I have an older 2008 Cadillac STS with a 4.6 NorthStar in it. And last night I took it for a drive and for the first time since I bought it, I turned off the traction control and then stomped on it. It was a rush. Spinning tires, smoke and somewhat sideways. Really enjoyed that. If they can get an Electric Caddie to do that get 350 to 400 miles on a charge and recharge in about 10 minutes it will sell like hotcakes. But, I seriously doubt that will happen.

How long does it takes to charge an electric car?

Time to Charge with Different Charging Points:
Charging Speed (up to):

3.7kW Charger = 15 miles of range per hour ...........Typically Found in: Homes

7kW Charger = 30 miles of range per hour................Typically Found in: Homes, Workplaces, Public Places

22kW Charger = 80 miles of range per hour..............Typically Found in: Public Places

https://pod-point.com/landi...arge-an-electric-car

I can fill up my truck with 36 gallons in usually less than 5-6 minutes which gives a range of approx. 700 miles.

Who the hell wants to wait almost 9 HOURS (at best) to refill their vehicle for that comparative amount of range?

Long distance / cross country travel in your electric POV becomes completely impractical unless you have PLENTY of time.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-13-2019).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2019 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who the hell wants to wait almost 9 HOURS (at best) to refill their vehicle for that comparative amount of range?
A lot of people that mostly drive to work school and stores that often < 30 miles, even < 10 miles away.
One I know w/ Tesla work and back is ~ 30 min each way or ~ 35-45 miles and mostly on the highway.

They just charge overnight and doesn't bother them. Plus Many work places, schools, etc, have chargers too.

Problem is many think taxes/fees will stay low or nonexistent for E-cars. Even if Fed keep taxes credits for now, in near future many states will stop current credits and add more E-car taxes. Like Most states are soon going to charge road tax for them w/ many states $ by miles driven per data recorded by ALDL plugin devices like many Insurance Co to "Give Discounts to good drivers" that few get. Or States will demand OnStar etc data for road taxes for E-cars.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Turns out a Tesla Model X could easily tow an ICE'ing Silverado"
Ben Hsu for LeftLaneNews; January 12, 2019.
https://www.leftlanenews.co...-ice-ing-silverado-/

A video circulating this week of a Tesla Model X towing a Chevy Silverado has gone viral. Why? Because it offers an answer to the practice of "ICE-ing,” where drivers of internal combustion engined (ICE) vehicles, usually full-size pickups, block Tesla charging stations.

The most prominent incident was posted by a Tesla owner going by Leicina on Reddit. According to the post, Leicina pulled into a Sheetz parking lot in North Carolina that was said to have Tesla Superchargers available. However, all were blocked by lifted pickups, whose owners were chanting, "F--k Tesla.” Eventually, a Sheetz employee told them to leave.

<SNIP>

WTF..?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't understand "ICE'ing".
What's the "protest"?
What's the purpose?

What right does someone have to prevent you from charging your car?
How does driving/charging your electric car have anything at all to do with the person driving the truck?
How is it any of their business at all?

It seems risky for the truck owner......I imagine an adaptor could be built for the electric charge receptacle that would allow one to hit the truck with enough voltage to cook the ignition/computer system of said truck.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageClick Here to Email williegoatSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"Turns out a Tesla Model X could easily tow an ICE'ing Silverado"
Ben Hsu for LeftLaneNews; January 12, 2019.
https://www.leftlanenews.co...-ice-ing-silverado-/
WTF..?

I have never heard of "ICEing", that is asinine. But, the video is impressive.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I have never heard of "ICEing", that is asinine....

The older I get, the less I understand "hate".
When did "Live & Let Live" go by the wayside?

Why do some people purposely create enemies?
Always looking for something hate, something to be mad about.
Do they get-off on the feeling of power it provides?

Is there such a thing as an addiction to conflict?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-14-2019).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 553
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ya, Tesla charges at home after I get home for the nite, ready by morning to go to Cincy or Cleveland and back. Like ive said 100 times already, charging on the road is no big deal...after 5 hours of driving, im ready for a meal or break anyway and I can get a full supercharger charge for free while im doing that. Ive been to texas and back a few times with no problem at all...and I didnt spend a penny except for food. You get to spend $200-$500 each trip for gas.

Cadillac will flop just like Volt (and Cimarron). Tesla at this time has no concern for any competition. Maybe if Volkswagen does what it says it will in 2021 and make 200,000 electric vehicles a year, Tesla will take a yawn. Maybe GM and Ford should try the electric market in Europe before trying it here.

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now VW is going to make E-cars in the US...
Volkswagen to invest $800 million, build new electric vehicle in U.S. Reuters

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ICE'ing is parking a gasoline or diesel car in a spot (typically a charger) for an electric vehicle. ICE = Internal Combustion Engine.

I laughed when I heard VW announce they were going to do an EV better than and cheaper than a Tesla. Then I saw their platform prototype, and I stopped laughing. It looks maybe 60% done, another year or so of development perhaps?

https://electrek.co/2018/09...-all-affordable-evs/

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 553
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

ICE'ing is parking a gasoline or diesel car in a spot (typically a charger) for an electric vehicle. ICE = Internal Combustion Engine.

Ive never seen that in reality, but sure it happens. Last laugh goes to electric cars though because any ICE in an electric charge spot can be towed and impounded. Ill call the tow company myself if I see it even if I have an open charge spot for myself. Most tow operators also block in a vehicle they are going to tow so they cant drive off. Then they offer to let them not get towed for a little smaller fee. Either way, ICE owner pays out of his pocket to make a point no one cares about.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock