Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Seems like more lurkers and alot less talkers in OT these days? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Seems like more lurkers and alot less talkers in OT these days? by 2.5
Started on: 01-11-2019 10:08 AM
Replies: 190 (3017 views)
Last post by: randye on 02-09-2019 09:01 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is always better to tell the boss you made a mistake, than it is to have the boss tell you.
IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2019 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Click to show

It was a learning opportunity for the guys that work under me, as well as setting a good example of owning your actions.

Click to show

Huh, I guess that even pinsetters should have an apprentice.

How many "guys that work under me" could there be? The cat behind the shoe rental counter? Perhaps you have a contractor stock the Pepsi machine?

Get the **** outta here.

Your accolades Don? I thought that we are parousing the forum for posts past in regards to our lives? Have you never done your own bio? Seriously? We are playing this game, are we not Boondawg? Literally your call. You want to place me in the limelight here? Drag my past around like yours is not rife with misery? Some gall...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-17-2019).]

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think boondawg is an industrial mechanic.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-17-2019).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2019 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I am indeed.
I run a 4 man maintenance (mechanics) crew in 2 shifts as well as a maintenance trainee, on machines running 18 hours a day.
And have been since 1985.
It’s a living.

Before that, I mined gold in the Klondike.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-17-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But Trump just might be a Russian spy.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2019 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Click to show

Before that, I mined gold in the Klondike.[/hide]

I know what you do. You should be proud of your work and abilities. You should also let others live life as they please, but you choose not to.

You leave out so very much. Please forget little old me and read your very own bio. Get back to me on how that works out for ya. Stock up on concentrates and your bong water. It will be a rocky road.

Or, or you could just allow your fellow members here to post freely, not be a tool to your Wife's career, and move the **** on? The choice is an easy one, and yours.

Keep it up, and so will I.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2019 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But Trump just might be a Russian spy.

Lol!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

What am I missing here? Whats with all the cryptic posts? I don't think anyone can tell who you are talking to or what about.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-17-2019).]

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

What am I missing here? Whats with all the cryptic posts? I don't think anyone can tell who you are talking to or what about.

That's funny. I know exactly who he is talking about and the ahole is purposely ignoring him.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

That's funny. I know exactly who he is talking about and the ahole is purposely ignoring him.

He mentions Boonie but its so abstract its hard to even figure out the point.
I'm not sure why we all need to be subjected to it.
Ignoring a personal attack is usually one of few good responses.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im gonna have this message exist. Boon check PM before I take you to task. I think this thread was specifically Tony, but we'll see.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2019 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Im gonna have this message exist. Boon check PM before I take you to task.

Hey, long-time no-see!
Checking messages now.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ignoring a personal attack is usually one of few good responses.

Usually not for a person that wants to post a bunch of useless crap and constantly stir up sh!t.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Im gonna have this message exist. Boon check PM before I take you to task. I think this thread was specifically Tony, but we'll see.

Hi. Hows it going?
I'm not sure I fully understand your post either.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2019 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi. Hows it going?
I'm not sure I fully understand your post either.

He just wanted to fill me in on a few details.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2019 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He just wanted to fill me in on a few details.

Would you like to compare notes?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2019 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For me, I don’t engage in debates as much as I used to based on the lack of common respect by a few members here who insist on continually resorting to dragging the conversation down to name-calling & personal insults.

Who is the loser ?

I think it is you, as you can not test your theories. You can not teach anyone "your wisdom". You can not change squat.

In my opinion, that’s not a respectful or intellectual free-exchange of ideas & opinions between adults, that’s little more than a sad attempt at grade-school bullying. It’s only objective is to cause pain & humiliation. It has no constructive or instructive elements. It’s sole purpose is to tear down, simply for the joy of tearing down.

You know what they say about opinions. Like azzholes, everyone has one.

I like constructive conversation, not destructive.

I don't like to get yelled at by the boss. Sometimes you have to get over the delivery of the message. The exact same lesson can be applied to marriage/relationships. Speaking of relationships, we forum members have one.

You are not being told anything different than in the past, when more non-confrontational members have done it.

For me, it’s really pretty simple; common & mutual human respect.

Anything else is unacceptable.
Is that too much to ask of grown men?

What a dumb question. Ask history.

Life is not simplistic. Should we all be vanilla ice cream ? Do all flowers smell the same ?

Let us know when you find utopia.

To hell with them! Speak your mind. You are one of the few here who doesn't color within the lines.

Don, williegoat is is right. Get over the butt hurt in life. Grow a tolerance for self imagined pain. Ignore who you want but speak your mind.

I believe if you look closely, you can still see their true colors.

What do they continually post?

If that’s how they communicate, chances are that’s who they really are.

You spam the page often (different things you find interesting). Meh, I don't care but are you asking for attention ?
Sure, many enjoy your posts. Perhaps you should do a PFF blog, entitled "Boondawg" and just add new content as you see fit. That way, if they enjoy vanilla or strawberry, chocolate, whatever, they can order from the menu of their favorites.

You have taken many a hiatus, yet your post count exceeds mine. Post whore ? Does a post count float your boat ?
I really don't care. I know how to ignore a post, or comment. I know where the back button is. Are you making money being click bait ?
Who knows ? Any threads of yours we click on may get us targeted by the internet add gods.

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Mostly, I just checked in again here to offer my latest Hide format joke, humble as it may be.

See ya' all later.

When did click bait become a joke ?

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
If my negative posts hurt the feelings of some, then they should just bypass me. It is actually that simple.

It is not that simple, to some. They choose to read anyway then can't stop feeling about how butt hurt they are. Real, imagined, made up by themselves.

You could have chicken fried steak! Food of the gods.

Food of the gods ? I think not. That is for mere mortal men.
First of all, there is nothing 'chicken' about it, nor is it steak. It is breaded hamburger meat. Breaded beef.

I ask you, have you ever had a real breaded steak ? I have made them a few times, very few. Bread is but a filler just as crackers in soup is.

I like breaded hamburger meat. Making of the breading is much like making stew. Or soup, and I do like crackers in my soup.

I see three things that often stifle productive discourse: misinformation, mischaracterization and personal insults.

I recently posted a thread regarding a discussion that I found on another forum. I found the topic interesting, but another reason for posting the thread was that I saw it as an example of how civil discourse can flourish among those who disagree.

Well said and great example!

The question is "Why?"
Why do some do it?

And why do others allow it?

Shouldn't personal insults be meet by condemnation from the other members here who are interested in keeping an environment of the free exchange of ideas & opinions civil?

I'm not talking about condemning disagreements, I'm talking about condemning personal attacks over another's opinion.
I'm talking about being civil.

Or it could be I'm missing something.
What is the advantage to NOT being civil?

What does the perpetrator gain?

Heh heh heh ... the question is 'why' indeed.
Why worry about why they do it. Why worry about why others allow it. Why spend the time to worry about "why" ? It's just a waste of time.

williegoat ... I have been called a homophobe, a racist, deplorable, among a litany of other things. I grew up being told I was stupid, would never amount to anything, that I take two steps back for everyone forward, among other things.
When it came down to the nut cutting, it was up to me.

Why do others complain about how people converse ? I said it earlier in this post. Sometimes, more often than not, you have to get over the delivery of the discourse, to understand the message.

The question is "Why?"
Why do some do it?

What does the perpetrator gain?

Can you stop it ?
A short while ago, we got introduced to Lying Ted, Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco, Crooked Hillary, Fake News. Many disapproved of our now President Trumps discourse, but I enjoyed it. What did he gain ?

1. I am not whining. I'm inquiring about the difficulty some seem to have with the concept of civility in conversation.
2. The "above-mentioned insanity" refers to the past post of mine you were referencing. I have no knowledge concerning your mental wellness.

1) It sounds to me like you are whining.
2) Then why did you use the word "insanity" ?

1. I am not whining. I'm inquiring about the difficulty some seem to have with the concept of civility in conversation.
2. The "above-mentioned insanity" refers to the past post of mine you were referencing. I have no knowledge concerning your mental wellness.

1) It sounds to me like you are whining.

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
And then the same yoyo's wonder why people lurk.

Why wonder why, ?

I don't care if they lurk or not, nor do I know if they, or who for that matter lurk. So what if they do ?

Some find the biatching amusing. Who didn't watch a school yard fight ? Some might gain a different perspective, or strengthen the resolve of their own.

... to me personal attacks are a weak mans game.

Ah, there we have it, another opinion. Would it include the reason why they do it ?

The reason why 'they' do it is as varied as the number of people on the planet. There is a reason why there are zilloins of psychiatrists, psychologists, and other counselors.

A weak man's game ? All arrows in the quiver are and should be available. Not everybody is equal. Not everybody is as good in the art of persuasion. Sometimes, emotion takes over.

I think a weak man is someone who gets easily butt hurt. Someone who is insecure with themself. Do they fear that others can not see a a poster and their intent, that others will adopt the opinion of the butt hurter ?

And THAT'S the point.
No one is trying to silence anyone.
It's about personal attacks.

It's about ones ability/inability to engage with others in conversation without derogatorily attacking them.
It's about commenting on the subject at hand, not the people engaged in the conversation of the subject at hand.

This concept seems quite difficult for some to understand.
Is it simply a mater of self-control?
Or is it character?

Or maybe it can be best explained by simply taking notice of the vigor some use in the fight against civility...

Wow ! To you it is about personal attacks. Your opinion has been duly noticed many times over the years.

Do you know how to have self control ? It is something that an individual DECIDES to exercise. How 'bouts I decide what you do, what you need to have self control over ?

The way one converses is just but a clue to ones total character.

Cool.
Then it's agreed.

No more personal attacks on other members.

It's just that easy.

Agreed ? The Germans, the Japs, other actors, and the Americans and allies were all in it together. I don't remember them agreeing.
Do what you wish and allow others to do the same.

Does anyone else find it amusing that the busiest topic on the forum is the one about how the forum is not very busy?

I sure do find it amusing. I remember back in the days of JazzMan. He always biatched about how political threads always seemed to evolve (some would say devolved) into bickering. He would start an identical topic with the "orders" that it was the non political thread.
His got about three hits/clicks where as the "anything goes" thread would run about four or more pages. Doesn't Cliff like clicks on his site ?

Yup.
Dragged right in there into the trashcan.

One could surmise that it is the always the destructive, and not the constructive, that sends it that way...

Others might surmise different things. Cliff allowed us to carry on. Why can't you ? Cliff even allows us to call each other toad waxing monkeys.

It’s a damn shame that a few nair-do-wells have their teeth set on making others as miserable as they seemingly are inside.

Their time might be better spent looking into their own problems rather then wasting their (what appears to be) limited mental resources projecting it onto others.

As far as your first opinion, ... you can not make me miserable. Nor can you make me happy.

Your second opinion also applies to you.

Sometimes it helps to see where someone is coming from by using the search feature here.

By typing in a members name, you can review a persons threads and posts from many years ago, and maybe get an idea of how they got the way they are today by how the were back then.

It can be be incredibly beneficial when reviewing one’s own perception of another.

I think I will study Aristotle. People change, from year to year and sometimes hour to hour, or day to day. As will my perception.
Why should I care to know how anyone got the way they are today, . Like I am going to get paid for it or be able to change it.

An industrial mechanic is a wide and varied label. There are many specialties. His is one of them (which I admire).
I am not an industrial mechanic though most of my career was heavily mechanical in the oil fields. I have a sideline gig now. Working on a quail ranch ... poultry producer. I stepped into it needing to understand feeding and watering systems that would raise tens of thousand of birds. From inception to frozen product. Not just feeding and watering systems. Water wells and their pressure tank, storage, pump systems systems. Scaulders, automated pluckers, waste water systems, and everything in between and beyond.
I hired on and in two weeks I was the head of maintenance. It was a fun challenge but I am no industrial mechanic.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a dream ... I know a little to late for yesterday's MLK celebration ... but I did, last night. About this subject.

Boondawg wants us to be BC. Boondawg Correct. Political correctness taken to a whole new level, a personal one. I have to wonder what he thinks about tearing down historical monuments which offend some people.

In today's news, ‘Demeaning’ Columbus Murals At Notre Dame Hard To Move, But Will Be hidden, President Says ....

Then there were the whinings about "Trump 2016", written in chalk, an certain college campuses.

We all remember the safe spaces, needed for those that didn't want to be offended. I remember some such hog wash about students didn't have to take exams, or was it go to class ? Some such snowflake crap.

Perhaps Boondawg should go live in California.
State Senator Announces Banning of He/She Pronouns During Hearings

The funny thing is, that during the announcement she referred to her grammar teacher as a her after she made the proclamation.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
You know what they say about opinions. Like azzholes, everyone has one.

Yep.

-

My post with one definition of insanity should have cleared that up.:

Maybe he should have said gross overreaction?
Insanity :•extreme foolishness or irrationality.

-

A weak man's game ? All arrows in the quiver are and should be available. Not everybody is equal. Not everybody is as good in the art of persuasion. Sometimes, emotion takes over.

...Do you know how to have self control ? It is something that an individual DECIDES to exercise...

Exactly

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-22-2019).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2019 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg wants us to be BC. Boondawg Correct. Political correctness taken to a whole new level, a personal one.

I'm talking about personal attacks.
The concept should not be foreign or difficult.

It's called being civil.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-22-2019).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keeping It Civil is the first among the listed Posting Guidelines.

It requires of all of us, a certain amount of self-censorship and restraint.

1. So a new public message or "post" comes into view, and "you" do not like it.
  2. Beat up on the message itself, and spare the messenger.

Works like a charm, and significantly reduces the generally uncontrollable effects that are the result of Flaming or Thread Arson.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2019 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's called being civil.

You are morbidly obtuse.

An observation, not an attack. I had to let you know so as not to keep you confused Don.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keeping It Civil is the first among the listed Posting Guidelines.

1. So a new public message or "post" comes into view, and "you" do not like it.
  2. Beat up on the message itself, and spare the messenger.

Works like a charm, and significantly reduces the generally uncontrollable effects that are the result of Flaming or Thread Arson.

Well yeah, but where's the fun in that?

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Said the mentally ill character who TWICE actually started entire new threads to attack specific members of the forum.

...and the same mentally ill character who posted DEATH THREATS and wishes for someone in a wheelchair to be killed on a highway.

Is it your raging psychiatric problems that cause your total lack of self awareness?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-22-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's called being civil.

No it is not ! That is what you call it. You should look up the definition of 'civil' .

Civil is subjective, just as beauty is . Was the Civil War started so everybody would be civil ? Man, talk about personal attacks.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No it is not ! That is what you call it. You should look up the definition of 'civil' .

Civil is subjective, just as beauty is . Was the Civil War started so everybody would be civil ?

"The Civil War was named the Civil War because it had to do with civilians fighting for each side (Union and Confederacy) Another Answer: Civil as it refers to the combatants mean "of the same region or country". Therefore, it's a war fought by the same people from the same country. "

"Civil
ADJECTIVE
1.relating to ordinary citizens and their concerns, as distinct from military matters.
2.courteous and polite.
"

Clearly we aren't talking about military matters.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What dictionary do you use ?

civil
[siv-uhl]

adjective

of, relating to, or consisting of citizens: civil life; civil society.

of the commonwealth or state: civil affairs.

of citizens in their ordinary capacity, or of the ordinary life and affairs of citizens, as distinguished from military and
ecclesiastical life and affairs.

of the citizen as an individual: civil liberty.

befitting a citizen: a civil duty.

of, or in a condition of, social order or organized government; civilized: civil peoples.

Now, lets look up civil society

civil society
noun
the elements such as freedom of speech, an independent judiciary, etc, that make up a democratic society

Empathis on "freedom of speech".

I get what he means. I just don't agree.

I also don't think it is courteous and polite to go out in public and tell people how they should act .

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 01-23-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also don't think it is courteous and polite to go out in public and tell people how they should act .

Isn't that exactly what Emily Post did? ...and the preacher? ...and a drama coach?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2019 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Civil
ADJECTIVE
1.relating to ordinary citizens and their concerns, as distinct from military matters.
2.courteous and polite.

Save yourself and let it go.

It seems that civility (not calling people names, not bearing false witness, etc.) in conversation only comes into play in-person, when there is the very real possibility of losing a few teeth.

Because in the World I walk around in, there is no way anyone would stand in front of another man and say to him some of the things I have seen said here to others.

And not because it’s about the respect (or self-respect) of looking another man in the eye when you call him a name, but because of the uncertainty of the severity of his response at this blatant slight of his character.

Who among us would fight against being honorable in our words & deeds when dealing with others?

Yeah, it’s a real brain-buster: When in conversational disagreement with another, what’s the difference (besides intelligence) between saying “You’re an idiot!” and “I disagree with you.”?
Civility.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-23-2019).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2019 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Save yourself and let it go.

How about live and let live?

It seems that civility (not calling people names, not bearing false witness, etc.) in conversation only comes into play in-person, when there is the very real possibility of losing a few teeth.

"Bearing false witness"? M, kay.

No one has lost any teeth here chicken little. Not a one of us. Tighten up your britches butter cup.

Because in the World I walk around in, there is no way anyone would stand in front of another man and say to him some of the things I have seen said here to others.

I would. I do. I will continue to.

Are you bordering on a threat again Don? So cute, like a kitten.

And not because it’s about the respect (or self-respect) of looking another man in the eye when you call him a name, but because of the uncertainty of the severity of his response at this blatant slight of his character.

Still not sure where you are going with this? Are you upping your Pinata game?

My character is SOLID. Not PERFECT, but SOLID. You are obtuse to reality.

Who among us would fight against being honorable in our words & deeds when dealing with others?

I would. If the time were just perfect. As the moon hit the horizon, I would. Within all bounds of law of course. I am not a felon.

Yeah, it’s a real brain-buster: When in conversational disagreement with another, what’s the difference (besides intelligence) between saying “You’re an idiot!” and “I disagree with you.”?
Civility.

Here in lies the issue Don. You believe yourself to be wiser and more intelligent than what has been presented to you. Even civility eludes you within this very thread. Have you even read your own bio Bro? Really, quit fantasizing about policing me and others here, lie back and take it, and basically M.T.F.U.

It is truly scary when a member that presents himself as an open minded individual, is in reality so narrow of acceptance.

You address nothing here, and have repeatedly attacked. And still I post. ****ing epic I tell ya. ****ing epic.

Again, for the snowflakes, I have never reached beyond the walls of this forum. A few of you have. My dick is still swinging.

Emergency Edit: I posted in another thread about feeding animals. I did not ask permission to comment on those animals, and would like to extend my deepest apologizes and prayers to all animals affected by my ****ing opinion. I also would ask any of the special snowflakes here to post the link to where reparations should be sent. Quickly now, we would not want to melt before our meltdown now, would we?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-23-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...what’s the difference (besides intelligence) between saying “You’re an idiot!” and “I disagree with you.”?

You're an IDIOT….

….you are such a f*ckin snowflake

Take yourself and your wheelchair, or your scooter, or however you manage to move from one place to another, and go off a cliff.

If there's not one close by, take the entrance ramp onto an Interstate or an urban freeway. Any surface road with constant traffic that goes at least 30 mph.

Officially?

Drop dead.

GET A COFFIN, YOU IMBECILE.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-24-2019).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What dictionary do you use ?

civil
[siv-uhl]

adjective

of, relating to, or consisting of citizens: civil life; civil society.

of the commonwealth or state: civil affairs.

of citizens in their ordinary capacity, or of the ordinary life and affairs of citizens, as distinguished from military and
ecclesiastical life and affairs.

of the citizen as an individual: civil liberty.

befitting a citizen: a civil duty.

of, or in a condition of, social order or organized government; civilized: civil peoples.

Now, lets look up civil society

civil society
noun
the elements such as freedom of speech, an independent judiciary, etc, that make up a democratic society

Empathis on "freedom of speech".

I get what he means. I just don't agree.

He didn't say civil liberty, or civil duty etc. He said civil. You seem to be arguing against someone or something that isn't arguing back, against things that aren't said.

Firstly its the decorum of the forum we are in. Cliff has set a few guidelines. Secondly (outside the forum or wherever you prefer to be speaking of) if it is about freedom it is any of ours right to object just as much as it is anyones right to say something objectionable. Or attack someones character needlessly.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-23-2019).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

<randye's message, two back from this one>

"I wonder why rinselberg would say such things to or about another forum member."

You're only too comical, sir.

Anyone who is reading here should make it a point to revisit this discussion tomorrow.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Posting images of criminally insane fictional characters is NOT helping you Ronald.

It just looks like "hero worship" on your part.

You're profoundly mentally sick Ronald.

GET HELP before you harm yourself or others.

Anyone who is reading here should make it a point to revisit this discussion tomorrow.

Oh Great.

You're going to stay up all night and pound out another one of your tear-stained, "War & Peace" length, garbled, insane diatribes again aren't you?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-24-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, you two are going to have to try a lot harder. Cancel a speech, shut down a government......then I'll be impressed.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
🤣
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He didn't say civil liberty, or civil duty etc., He said civil. You seem to be arguing against someone or something that isn't arguing back, against things that aren't said.

Hmm, Houston, we have a problem.

It's called being civil.

No it is not ! That is what you call it.
Civil is subjective, just as beauty is .

I am challenging his definition of civil. Specifically ...

Again, something subjective, person to person.
Just like butt hurt.

Civil ? Civility ?
Is it not a personal attack when Dumbs default to calling names against anyone who does not cow tow to their way of beliefs ? Racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etc ? Some make wild claims that others want to push Granny over the cliff, or that we want dirty air/water.
Or, is it only a personal attack if I get butt hurt over it ?

Then there is this :

The question is "Why?"
Why do some do it?

Guilt shaming others into agreeing with you, in hopes of causing action ? How are we to know what causes another's butt hurt feelings ?
Anyone is free to hurl personal attacks at me. Physical or verbal. They just might not enjoy the response.

There is also this :

In my opinion, that’s not a respectful or intellectual free-exchange of ideas & opinions between adults, that’s little more than a sad attempt at grade-school bullying.

How does one deal with a bully ? Ignore them ! Like a duck, water off my back. Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.

How does one deal with a bully ?

... in the World I walk around in, there is no way anyone would stand in front of another man and say to him some of the things I have seen said here to others.

Oh please Mr Civility. Do you rape women because of what they wear ? In our civilized society that is against the law. Just as is trying to give a beat down to someone because of what they say or if they wear a MAGA hat.

My my, in the world you live in you would punch someone out for their words ? Who is teaching who about civility ?
My my. The law states you can meet force with overwhelming force. It does not say you can shoot/stab/beat down someone for what they say.

Yeah, it’s a real brain-buster: When in conversational disagreement with another, [b]what’s the difference (besides intelligence) between saying “You’re an idiot!” and “I disagree with you.”?
Civility.

Nothing !
When drinking hot tea, we should all have our little finger extended. Civility and all, decorum, etiquette, manners ... civility, in the society you enter.

Firstly its the decorum of the forum we are in. Cliff has set a few guidelines. Secondly (outside the forum or wherever you prefer to be speaking of) [color=red]if it is about freedom it is any of ours right to object just as much as it is anyones right to say something objectionable. Or attack someones character needlessly.[/color]

With whom are you agreeing with ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 01-24-2019).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Posting images of criminally insane fictional characters is NOT helping you... It just looks like "hero worship" on your part. You're profoundly mentally sick. Get help before you harm yourself or others.

No, Mr randye, I am not going to stop showing up here and expressing myself with the same freedoms that are the "birth" right of any other forum member.

I had long been reluctant to go this route, but since randye is so perfectly comfortable about sticking his runny nose where it does not properly belong, I have decided to do what I can to level the playing field. To return the favor of one member's "well intentioned" advice about what another member should do. Why should I be the only one to benefit from this great idea of Free Online Psychiatric Counseling at Pennock's? That would be so unfair.

Since I have been confined to a wheelchair...

I see three different explanations that connect this personal mobility issue with the Titanic-sized mountain of sh*t that is randye's "body of work" here--the totality of his public messages in this Totally Off Topic part of the Fiero forum.

I believe that one of these explanations is the reality of it.

The first explanation is that randye is kind of "taking it out" on this forum. He's not going to go after just anyone, but whenever he encounters someone who triggers him in a certain way, his frustration with his wheelchair dependency translates into a self-granted permission for him to go after that person without the slightest concern on his part for civility, or conducting himself in any kind of appropriate manner for an open discussion forum that has no (legitimate) top-down agenda or partisan purpose.

And what kind of someone has this triggering effect on randye?

It could be a person whose political leanings do not line up closely enough with what randye wants to see. Someone that doesn't fall in line with the randye-approved "consensus" on whatever national or international events are making news headlines on any given day. Someone who doesn't take the Totally Off Topic forum seriously enough to comply with randye's "code of online conduct", and starts New Topics that are too eccentric for randye's liking, and so cannot be merely ignored by randye, but must be "torched" by randye.

And last but not least, someone with the temerity to explain, even in a reasonably courteous way, that the word "Zodiacal" has an actual scientific meaning within the context of amateur astronomy, and is not, as randye misunderstood it, a reference to Astrology or some other kind of occult belief.

So, an indirect kind of causality, that links the mobility issue to his feral hog-like conduct whenever the triggering mechanism is in effect.

Maybe he just has bad knee(s) that for whatever reason, cannot be repaired with surgery or prosthesis.

The second explanation is that whatever agent is responsible for his mobility issue is also damaging him neurologically. I am not a medical expert, but I do know by my casual reading of a particular pathogen that could have both of these effects. I think there is likely more than just that one pathogen (bacteria or virus) or known medical diagnosis that could check off both of these "boxes"--the muscular or motor system dysfunction, and the neurological deficit that is evident in his online messages.

The third explanation is that he was already the kind of pig-headed lout who would take advantage of the (mostly) self-policing policy of a forum like this, and try to remake it into his own personal space by weaponizing his messages--his endless arsenal of below-the-belt insults and other conspicuously rude and inappropriate verbal venom. To remake this forum into his own personal space, that dances only to his kind of music (so to speak), despite the fact that he has not ever been granted any kind of explicit permission for this by the forum's owner.

So he was already that kind of person, and then, at some more recent moment in his life, came the mobility issue.

This third explanation unlinks or disconnects his mobility issue from his online misconduct.

I call this one "karma", and karma has seldom done itself more proud, if this is the most accurate of the three explanations that I have.

Oh wait--randye also said this:

Oh great--you're going to stay up all night and pound out another one of your tear-stained, "War & Peace" length, garbled, insane diatribes again aren't you?

Silly me. I should have just said GFY (randye) and left it at that. A three-letter acronym, instead of what are (likely) a few hundred words here. I'm not going to count how many words.

Let me fix that.

GFY.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-24-2019).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Hey, cliffw

Would you mind cutting down the size of that image? Just make it fewer pixels from Left to Right. It's screwing up the format of my very fine English language exposition.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-24-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With whom are you agreeing with ?

I guess I'm agreeing with facts, definitions and evidence, as should be shown by my responses.

How does one deal with a bully ? Ignore them !

True.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock