Click here to visit The FieroStore | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Dunno if I made a mistake or not today...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dunno if I made a mistake or not today... by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 01-11-2019 02:51 AM
Replies: 8 (171 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 01-12-2019 04:44 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 292
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm 51 years old. Knees are about done and hips aren't far behind. PTSD means I will snap on your head faster than you can open your mouth to say "ohhh, sh*t". 30 pounds overweight and starting to push 35.

Army did some of it, corporate life did one hell of a lot of damage, the rest of it I did all by self...hey, I am GOOD at destroying things, including pushing too far and doing it to myself.

So what did dumb-frucking-ass go and do today ?...Saw an ad for over-ther road techs and went and registered with the agency... YEH, just what the hell put me here in the 1st place ??

But...I miss the road. I miss being out in the country, I miss seeing a new place every couple hours. I miss pulling over to the side of the road and just watching the horses for a bit. I miss so much of that old life...I was never built to be behind a desk.

I know what both dad and 3 exes would say...and its not very nice... I already know my brother thinks I'm a lost cause..

Fruckit...I'll see. Takes about 3-4 weeks for all the paperwork and tests and stuff to go thru with this agency. Got another meeting with them next Wed.

Back on the road and back in the fight at 51....I really am NOT that frucking bright !!!

<edit>

Next thing ya know, this dumb-ass is going to get the bright idea of trying to get back on a Percheron that doesnt like riders again...so long as I am being dumb, may as well go all the way !!

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 01-11-2019).]

IP: Logged

Stinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StingerClick Here to visit Stinger's HomePageSend a Private Message to StingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chasing what you love to do... thinking that's not such a bad idea. Some people are just stuck in BS jobs for the rest of their lives and won't do nothing about it. You at least have taken the bull by the horns and went for it...I'd say, good for you !

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I'm 51 years old. Knees are about done and hips aren't far behind. PTSD means I will snap on your head faster than you can open your mouth to say "ohhh, sh*t". 30 pounds overweight and starting to push 35.

Army did some of it, corporate life did one hell of a lot of damage, the rest of it I did all by self...hey, I am GOOD at destroying things, including pushing too far and doing it to myself.

So what did dumb-frucking-ass go and do today ?...Saw an ad for over-ther road techs and went and registered with the agency... YEH, just what the hell put me here in the 1st place ??

But...I miss the road. I miss being out in the country, I miss seeing a new place every couple hours. I miss pulling over to the side of the road and just watching the horses for a bit. I miss so much of that old life...I was never built to be behind a desk.

I know what both dad and 3 exes would say...and its not very nice... I already know my brother thinks I'm a lost cause..

Fruckit...I'll see. Takes about 3-4 weeks for all the paperwork and tests and stuff to go thru with this agency. Got another meeting with them next Wed.

Back on the road and back in the fight at 51....I really am NOT that frucking bright !!!

<edit>

Next thing ya know, this dumb-ass is going to get the bright idea of trying to get back on a Percheron that doesnt like riders again...so long as I am being dumb, may as well go all the way !!

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like a good idea, for you to get in line for this.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. (That's a token of support.)

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageClick Here to Email williegoatSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree with both of the above posts. It sounds like just what you need.

That way, instead of posting about all the stupid druggies, you can post about all the stupid customers. Variety is good.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 449
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't say that I blame you. I couldn't live in such an urban setting and be happy. (Being polite, here.)

blackrams

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wait! Does that mean you getting married again or coming out of the closet?

Rams

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I can't say that I blame you. I couldn't live in such an urban setting and be happy. (Being polite, here.)

Its not all bad, man...there are a LOT of good people between these 2 buildings that have each others backs...I can jump on messenger and ask for just about any help I want, and its there within an hour or 2. Got a preggo girl 4 floors up who had pains and needed a ride to the hospital 3 nights ago. I'm up, I have a truck, I dont mind.

"community" isnt exactly my thing, I prefer independent and rural, but I really cant knock what the good ones try to do.

Its just the drug-heads that fruck up entire cities.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 449
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its just the drug-heads that fruck up entire cities.

And that's what I would have the problem with. I prefer to live and let live, but I'm also a firm believer that "your" rights end right where "mine" begin. And it's not really negotiable.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Wait! Does that mean you getting married again or coming out of the closet?

Rams

Even worse...dealing with a 1-ton animal that one minute doesn't like you and the next thinks its a lap puppy ! I dunno about you, by my leg bones are not 1-ton strong anymore. Sh*t, man, I keep 2 canes and a pair of crutches in the closet jut because it got to be too much trouble to go looking for those items every time something goes out !

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock