Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  'Do not quote from Animal House in court filings.' Judge warns lawyers for Russ-firm. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
'Do not quote from Animal House in court filings.' Judge warns lawyers for Russ-firm. by rinselberg
Started on: 01-08-2019 11:57 AM
Replies: 49 (928 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 02-09-2019 11:28 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2019 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A judge publicly slammed the defense lawyers for a Russian company criminally charged by special counsel Robert Mueller, accusing the firm’s attorneys of submitting unprofessional and inappropriate court filings attacking Mueller’s office and of unwisely peppering legal briefs with jarring quotes taken from movies like Animal House.

“I’ll say it plain and simple: knock it off,” U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich told lawyers for the Russian company, Concord Management and Consulting, at a brief court hearing in Washington Monday morning.

The tone and content of the submissions from Concord’s combative attorneys, Eric Dubelier and Kate Seikaly, in past months has been unusual for lawyers practicing in federal court. A filing last week quoted both the British 19th Century historian Lord Acton and a slightly sanitized expletive uttered by the somewhat less erudite “Otter,” a fraternity brother in the 1970s classic Animal House.

<SNIP>

Want it all? Get it all.

Judge blasts lawyers for Russian firm charged by Mueller
Josh Gerstein for Politico; January 7, 2019.
https://www.politico.com/st...d-management-1085285

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2019 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the actual court filing, which is only about a single page of text:

The Special Counsel’s argument is reminiscent of Otter’s famous line [in the movie Animal House], “Flounder, you can’t spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You f**ked up . . . you trusted us. Hey, make the best of it.”

https://www.documentcloud.o...eply-in-Support.html
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2019 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2019 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my co-workers I like to use, "Fat Drunk and Stupid Is No Way To Go Through Life Son". Most of them are clueless to the reference.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2019 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Seven years of college... down the drain."
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2019 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While childlike leftists, including Ronald, focus on Politico's hysterics over surplusage in a legal motion or pleading they are completely unaware of the actual strategy taking place.

If the article is actually read, the intent of the defense counsel becomes obvious and the judge took the bias / disqualification bait.

A judge is a trier of facts, evidence and the law. That's IT. They run a real risk when they stray outside the boundaries of that.

Watch for a motion to disqualify / recuse the judge on the basis of bias or prejudicial conduct being filed in the case.......if that even gets reported.

It's not as "cute" as reporting "Animal House" so it doesn't attract the very limited intellect of lefties.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-09-2019).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" lol!!
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More brain flatulence from the one who is so sorely afflicted.

It's freakin' Animal House..! It would not have made any difference to me if this had been in connection with courtroom proceedings about a road vehicle accident in Omaha (NE) or a building and construction codes controversy in Springfield (IL). I would have presented it here, just the same. It just happens to be a case that is connected to or part of the Mueller investigation.

If the one who is so sorely afflicted wants to opine at more length on the actualities of the legal proceedings involving the Mueller investigation and the Russia-based firm of Concord Management and Consulting, he really needs to start his own New Topic; or if not that, then he should refrain from entering into someone else's New Topic with his azz exposed instead of his face.

The one who is so sorely afflicted is a kind of forum parasite. Sucking the civility out of New Topics that are started by some other forum member, instead of starting his own New Topics. He should GFY himself. Or if not that, then he should stop listening to the cackling, demented voice that constantly plays inside of his head. Especially when that voice starts up with another new reference to "rinselberg".

Legal strategies... bla, bla, bla.

Robert Swan Mueller III has already earned a place of honor in the pantheon of legendary and revered American lawmen, alongside of Eliot Ness, Allan Pinkerton, Wyatt Earp and August Vollmer. No matter what happens next, or how the Muller investigation is finally wrapped up and recorded in the history books.

This is Animal House.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-10-2019).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What if the aforementioned accident took place in Springfield Ohio?
Would it still interest you?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It would not have made any difference to me if this had been in connection with courtroom proceedings about a road vehicle accident in Omaha (NE) or a building and construction codes controversy in Springfield (IL). I would have presented it here, just the same. It just happens to be a case that is connected to or part of the Mueller investigation.

Robert Swan Mueller III has already earned a place of honor in the pantheon of legendary and revered American lawmen, alongside of Eliot Ness, Allan Pinkerton, Wyatt Earp and August Vollmer. No matter what happens next, or how the Muller investigation is finally wrapped up and recorded in the history books.

If you're going to keep LYING as usual Ronald at least TRY to be better at it.

This is Animal House.

NO, it's just your raging mental illness making you focus on insignificant things like puerile propaganda from Politico that aids and abets your obsession with President Trump, Mueller and RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.

Your ability to discern between fantasy and reality is tenuous at best.

Your're SICK Ronald. Get Help.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-10-2019).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Robert Swan Mueller III has already earned a place of honor in the pantheon of legendary and revered American lawmen, alongside of....

Barney Fife, Rosco Coltrane and Buford Justice

.... No matter what happens next, or how the Muller investigation is finally wrapped up and recorded in the history books.

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the Afflicted One ("AO") would return here with the news that the judge in this case has been disqualified or recused because of bla-bla-bla, I will acknowledge that AO actually said something smart on this forum.

Not being reported in the media? The AO has touted his own legal expertise. Maybe he can find his way to whatever legal document that would become publicly available online, to validate his prediction, or affirm the sagacity of his very specific law and legal-related rumination about this case.

Impress me.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Impress me.

Not my, or anyone else's, job or responsibility.

Like we tell every other drooling, moronic leftist around here: DO YOUR OWN DAMN RESEARCH.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Robert Swan Mueller III has already earned a place of honor in the pantheon of legendary and revered American lawmen, alongside of....

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Not my, or anyone else's, job or responsibility.

we tell every other drooling, moronic leftist around here: DO YOUR OWN DAMN RESEARCH.

"We"..? No. You.

You say the judge in this case has taken the "bait" and is going to be disqualified or recused because of his remarks to the defense lawyers...?

i'm waiting, Mr Big Legal Kahuna. Put Up Or Shut Up. I don't think recusal is going to happen. But it's all the same to me. When I started this Topic, it was all about Animal House.

Your constant attempts to "gaslight" and insult anyone that shows up here with any idea or opinion that you don't agree with--a long-running but futile effort on your part to make me stop showing up here--is beyond tiresome. It only reveals the depth of your own affliction and suffering. A more attentive forum moderator would have already stepped in and put an end to your forum access, because of your constant and flagrant disrespect for the Keep It Civilized rule.

Take yourself and your wheelchair, or your scooter, or however you manage to move from one place to another, and go off a cliff. If there's not one close by, take the entrance ramp onto an Interstate or an urban freeway. Any surface road with constant traffic that goes at least 30 mph.

Stop trying to project your own cognitive and emotional deficiencies onto anyone that shows up here that doesn't have an "R" (for the "randye party") after their name--to put it somewhat figuratively.

If you really think there is something out of line, in terms of the Posting Rules, about the Topics that I start or about any of my public messages on this forum, take it up with the moderator.

That's all unofficial.

Officially?

Drop dead.

I have returned to revise one of my assertions here: That "a more attentive forum moderator would have already stepped in and put an end to randye's forum access, because of his constant and flagrant disrespect for the Keep It Civilized rule (listed first, among the Posting Guidelines)."

After weighing the various equities that are involved, I strike that sentence and replace it with this:

A human forum moderator, with a no-compromises attitude about upholding the Posting Guidelines and a Proactive or Rapid Response mentality about using all of the tools in the moderator toolset, would be far preferable to the Member On Member ratings system, in terms of maintaining a reliably civil ambience to the forum's Off Topic discussions, in line with the aspiration of the first of the listed Posting Guidelines.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-15-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"We"..? No. You.

I, and others have said this to you and others on this Forum.

If you don't like the way Mr. Pennock runs his Forum, well, you will just have to cope with your anguish. Speaking for myself, I enjoy the freedom of speech provided by his management.

It very American.

Or the way America used to be......

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 01-11-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting hysterical enough to start mailing poop to your "enemies" again Ronald?

"We"..? No. You.

You say the judge in this case has taken the "bait" and is going to be disqualified or recused because of his remarks to the defense lawyers...?

i'm waiting, Mr Big Legal Kahuna. Put Up Or Shut Up. I don't think recusal is going to happen. But it's all the same to me. When I started this Topic, it was all about Animal House.

Your constant attempts to "gaslight" and insult anyone that shows up here with any idea or opinion that you don't agree with--a long-running but futile effort on your part to make me stop showing up here--is beyond tiresome. It only reveals the depth of your own affliction and suffering. A more attentive forum moderator would have already stepped in and put an end to your forum access, because of your constant and flagrant disrespect for the Keep It Civilized rule.

Take yourself and your wheelchair, or your scooter, or however you manage to move from one place to another, and go off a cliff. If there's not one close by, take the entrance ramp onto an Interstate or an urban freeway. Any surface road with constant traffic that goes at least 30 mph.

Stop trying to project your own cognitive and emotional deficiencies onto anyone that shows up here that doesn't have an "R" (for the "randye party") after their name--to put it somewhat figuratively.

If you really think there is something out of line, in terms of the Posting Rules, about the Topics that I start or about any of my public messages on this forum, take it up with the moderator.

That's all unofficial.

Officially?

Drop dead.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-11-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Drop dead.

OPTIBOARD

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Here we are once again where I have to use this oft repeated comment:

The truth almost always eventually comes out and it is NEVER what the leftist media told you originally.

Prejudicial conduct from the bench. Illegal ex parte communications with the judge AND violation of a court protective order by Special Counsel.... WOW!

https://www.washingtontimes...coming-muellers-aid/

"Said Mr. Dubelier, ....For a reason unknown to undersigned counsel, the Court [judge] took it upon itself to defend the Special Counsel, creating at a minimum an appearance of bias or prejudice in favor of the government.”

Hook, Line and Sinker. The judge took the took the prejudice bait.....

But WHY was this "bait" tossed into the motion to begin with??

https://thehill.com/policy/...ueller-documents-for

The "firewall counsel" appointed by the court, is not legally intended to be on the plaintiff's side or the defendant's, HOWEVER, it seems that some communication with the "firewall counsel" by the defendant was been passed on to the plaintiff / Special Counsel which they then started investigating, and then made some ex parte communications with the judge, which is HIGHLY unethical, inappropriate and probably illegal.

The defense counsel rightfully expected the impartiality of the "firewall counsel" and impartiality of the Judge, but that trust was obviously violated which prompted this in the motion:

Imagine that, Ronald's "hero" and "legendary lawman" and his minions actually violating court protective orders and conducting illegal ex parte communications with the judge and refusing to comply with legal discovery!

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Same song, second verse"

Officially?

Drop dead.

"A more attentive forum moderator would have already stepped in and put an end to your forum access, because of your constant and flagrant disrespect for the Keep It Civilized rule."

*snerk*

Ronald, please go get the professional mental health attention that you so obviously and desperately need.

Just look at yourself. Telling someone to commit suicide and wishing their death in a public forum ?!

...and this isn't the first time Ronald. You have even made DEATH THREATS toward me:

Here we go again. All that from "unhinged"..?

GET A COFFIN, YOU IMBECILE.

You're sick Ronald. Seriously, Get Help before you hurt yourself or someone else.

PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

[/center]

And Officer Barbrady. LOL!!
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A "long-ish" column has just been published online at Polygraph(.info) about this case.

How long? I dunno. Football fans might think of it as a "chunk play." Golf enthusiasts... well, I'm not a golf enthusiast.

OK, maybe it's like two or three pages of text.

Thing is, it starts out with a YouTube video segment from--wait for it--Animal House.

‘Putin’s Chef’ Lashes Out after Lawyer Rebuked in Troll Farm Case
William Echols for Polygraph(.info); January 13, 2019.
https://www.polygraph.info/...-check/29705171.html
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A "long-ish" column has just been published online at Polygraph(.info) about this case.

How long? I dunno........

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am here to revise one of my assertions (it was a single sentence) from an earlier moment in this discussion. This moment:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/123204.html#p14

The assertion was that "a more attentive forum moderator would have already stepped in and put an end to randye's forum access, because of his constant and flagrant disrespect for the Keep It Civilized rule (listed first, among the Posting Guidelines)."

After weighing the various equities that are involved, I strike that sentence and replace it with this:

A human forum moderator, with a no-compromises attitude about upholding the Posting Guidelines and a Proactive or Rapid Response mentality about using all of the tools in the moderator toolset, would be far preferable to the Member On Member ratings system, in terms of maintaining a reliably civil ambience to the forum's Off Topic discussions, in line with the aspiration of the first of the listed Posting Guidelines.

This will be duplicated at the end of that previous moment in the discussion.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am here to revise one of my assertions (it was a single sentence) from an earlier moment in this discussion. This moment:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/123204.html#p14

The assertion was that "a more attentive forum moderator would have already stepped in and put an end to randye's forum access, because of his constant and flagrant disrespect for the Keep It Civilized rule (listed first, among the Posting Guidelines)."

This will be duplicated at the end of that previous moment in the discussion.

I like to think that Cliff Pennock expects that as adults, we should all act accordingly. Most of us do not need a babysitter and I am sure he has other things he would rather do than mediate disputes between virtual children.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The moderation of this Forum is just fine.
Say what you want, and let the Forum moderate itself via the ratings system.
Guidelines are just that - guidelines.

Freedom of speech is very American.
Freedom comes with responsibility.
Failure to be responsible has consequences.
These consequences are best determined by the members of this Forum.

Why do you want to 'grow government' when it's not needed?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2019 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

In my opinion, Self-Policing is too easily corruptible (by greed, emotion, party lines, popularity, etc.) to be trustworthy in the oversight of "responsibility".
From the business of Government, to the cleanliness of the restaurant kitchen that prepares your food.
Self-Policing always runs the very real risk of being tainted by self-preservation.

An impartial 3rd party (i.e. nothing to gain, nothing to lose) always works best, in my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-15-2019).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2019 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

In my opinion, Self-Policing is too easily corruptible (by greed, emotion, party lines, popularity, etc.) to be trustworthy in the oversight of "responsibility".
From the business of Government, to the cleanliness of the restaurant kitchen that prepares your food.
Self-Policing always runs the very real risk of being tainted by self-preservation.

An impartial 3rd party (i.e. nothing to gain, nothing to lose) always works best, in my opinion.

You attempted oversight. It failed.

I pay my taxes monthly. (FYI, this statement means that I am not guilty of any damn thing. I am a free citizen with all rights given to him by God and government.)

Enjoy your day...

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I disagree. I have a strong libertarian streak.

After all is said and done, this is still just an internet forum. It boils down to nothing more than blinking lights on a flat sheet of plastic. The stakes are not high enough to warrant more than a minimal degree of oversight.

In government, 3rd party oversight opens up opportunity for corruption. There is no way to escape human nature. The more control placed on people, the less productive they become. Freedom is almost always the preferred state.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2019 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I disagree. I have a strong libertarian streak.

After all is said and done, this is still just an internet forum. It boils down to nothing more than blinking lights on a flat sheet of plastic. The stakes are not high enough to warrant more than a minimal degree of oversight.

In government, 3rd party oversight opens up opportunity for corruption. There is no way to escape human nature. The more control placed on people, the less productive they become. Freedom is almost always the preferred state.

Do you believe people/business should self-police themselves?

Restaurant kitchen health inspections?
Toxic waste disposal?
Food & Drug manufacturers?
Safety?
Law enforcement?

If you believe in rules, and following those rules, how can you not believe in the assurance that those rules are being followed?
Or are you satisfied with just taking the persons/business's word for it?
With no one checking, what would keep them from lying?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-15-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you believe people/business should self-police themselves?

Restaurant kitchen health inspections?
Toxic waste disposal?
Food & Drug manufacturers?
Safety?
Law enforcement?

If you believe in rules, and following those rules, how can you not believe in the assurance that those rules are being followed?

In maters of safety, some degree of regulation may be necessary, human nature being as it is. However, we have gone way overboard in our current society. Right now, there are 535 people getting payed exorbitant amounts of money to do nothing but think of new ways to restrict our freedom. It is quite literally their full time job.

This forum is not a safety issue, except that every now and then I fall out of my chair laughing. One day I might hurt myself.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The moderation of this Forum is just fine.
Say what you want, and let the Forum moderate itself via the ratings system.
Guidelines are just that - guidelines.

Freedom of speech is very American.

Why do you want to 'grow government' when it's not needed?

It's very telling isn't it?

You give lefties the absolute most basic form of Democracy, "one man, one vote", and when the results of that aren't what they want, they claim it's "corrupt" and demand a totalitarian / authoritarian government which they claim is "incorruptible".

Of course it's "incorruptible" only as long as they get precisely what they want and when that invariably doesn't happen, they repeat the cycle again and demand a "Democracy".

None of their bullcrap is about the WAY the forum is run. It's purely about them not getting THEIR OWN WAY.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-15-2019).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

NO, it's just your raging mental illness making you focus on insignificant things like puerile propaganda from Politico that aids and abets your obsession with President Trump, Mueller and RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.

Your ability to discern between fantasy and reality is tenuous at best.

Your're SICK Ronald. Get Help.

There are all kinds of reports and "angles" right now, in the news--various news venues--about Russia. Trump and Russia. The U.S. and Russia. Russia and Russia.

If it were actually my intention to inundate this forum with New Topics and new messages about President Trump, Robert Mueller and/or Russia, I could so easily ratchet that up to a significantly greater level than this.

That's not my purpose.

You're an IDIOT, randye, to say the crap that you say here about me. Like the way you ended that message.

All it means to me, and to any other perceptive onlooker, is that you are such a f*ckin snowflake that you cannot abide it when someone shows up here, or has a presence here, and they do not think almost exactly in unison with the way that you think about political events, events involving the justice system, other national and international themes and issues, cultural and social yada, yada, yada.

Your messages are proof that the Member On Member rating system is not a viable substitute for a human moderator--well, I already said it earlier today, in this very Topic:

A human forum moderator, with a no-compromises attitude about upholding the Posting Guidelines and a Proactive or Rapid Response mentality about using all of the tools in the moderator toolset, would be far preferable to the Member On Member ratings system, in terms of maintaining a reliably civil ambience for this forum's Off Topic discussions, in line with the aspirations of the first of the listed Posting Guidelines, to "keep it civilized."

Do you ever discuss any of these "weaponized" (anti-personnel weapon) examples from the online messages that you create here, with anyone fromf your Wellness Support System, or whatever such jargon is currently in vogue. What, you don't have any such thing?

Well... you just keep on rolling.

Oh, and by the way . . .
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/123210-2.html#p68

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-15-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well... you just keep on rolling.

You're such an angry little sociopath Ronald.

You are sick.

Get Help before you hurt yourself or others.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-15-2019).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think I'm too wasted to try to disturb anyone else here for awhile.

Enjoy..!

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-16-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think I'm too wasted to try to disturb anyone else here for awhile.

Enjoy..!

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just checked, as best as I can figure it out, and I have not uncovered anything online which suggests (to me) that the federal prosecutor's case in USA v. CONCORD MANAGEMENT AND CONSULTING LLC has been derailed or damaged by the "Animal House" remarks from Judge Dabney Friedrich.

Not yet, anyway. Of course, maybe it's too soon to know. As the wheels of justice are known to turn slowly, more often than not.

The most recent court document that I came up with (online) was filed on January 8 as "Case 1:18-cr-00032-DLF Document 86"; to wit:
https://www.courthousenews....oncordScheduling.pdf

That must be the filing that came right after the filing that I referenced at the very top (second message) in this discussion. When "Animal House" was first referenced in the context of this case by the defense lawyers.

My search also turned up this, which is about this same case:

‘Robert Mueller Has Nude Selfies’ Is The Headline That Defines The Law In 2018
Joe Patrice for Above The Law; December 28, 2018.
https://abovethelaw.com/201...nes-the-law-in-2018/

That is a blog entry, brief in length, and distinctly "arch" or tongue in cheek; satirical.

This other report, also brief, is from the Huffington Post, and is bereft of any overtly comical overtones:

‘Nude Selfie’ Obtained In Mueller Inquiry, Says Court Filing By Indicted Russian Firm
Court filing by defense lawyers for Concord Management and Consulting LLC seeks discovery of "nude selfie" evidence obtained by Special Counsel and argues that discovery of how this "nude selfie" was obtained cannot reasonably be denied to defense lawyers on the pretext of "national security."
Mary Papenfuss for Huffington Post Politics; December 27, 2018.
https://www.huffingtonpost....6ad9e4b08aaf7a8edcaf

Nude selfie(s). Animal House. I like the way this case is shaping up. It's already earned its keep in the kaleidoscope-like milieu of (faux) online news'ing and (pseudo) miscellaneous blogging. It's where you are right now.

------------------
Keeping It Civilized, One Message At A Time

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-22-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nude selfie(s). Animal House.

GET HELP Ronald

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2019 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.. message deleted, wrong thread.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-25-2019).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay