Started on: 12-07-2018 02:46 PM
Replies: 5 (171 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 12-08-2018 10:54 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2018 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know how to un-link computers on the same MS account with W10 ?...It's a required O/S for this job.

The way I work things with this client, is he wants a project set up so I go out and buy a laptop, set it all up for him, then turn over the machine ready-to-go....Its USUALLY pretty simple, a Bravesites website, a blog, some spreadsheets, and basic office stuff. Dont pay all that much, but its not all that difficult either.

And USUALLY I get away with either completely new MS accounts, or older versions of Windows. Not this time, he wants the same ID and password as a previous job from 6 months ago.

Soooo, I got him a good deal on an HP 2000 last night (130 bucks), fired it up today to get it running and put in the updates and as SOON as I logged it in, Mikey-Sheet turned it into a clone of the other machine from the last job. GREAT, I get to start from fresh again.

Anybody know how to use 2 machines with the same account WITHOUT the damn things cloning each other ?

<edit>

Mind ya, this is the same guy who tried to teach me to play cricket last summer...cricket, man !! throw a ball and and try to hit it with a canoe paddle This is Canada. You know what Canoe paddles are for ?...they are used to beat Brits who try to use them for cricket, dammit !!

Dammit, dude, some things are just over the line. ...now gimme my 50 bucks for this job

<edit, edit>

And for you guys on Pennocks that dont know MeM tried cricket...no, you dont know the details. And you never are going to learn my sports talents...same as golf..., OK...OK... Dont aske questions. Snitches get stitches.

Or else

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 12-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really, based on your questions here, understand why people would let you do tech work for them. Having said that. Cloning 2 a big draw of windows 10. Lets you move from different stations, tablets or laptop. Im not at a terminal and you're not cutting me in on that top dollar bread you're earning.
You're key google search word was in my post. Good luck!
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Install W10 in a clean setting. Use no accounts when installing. End result, a clean install of windows 10 with nothing on it as far as accounts.

need software like chrome and such? use ninite for that.

W10 is so easy even us neanderthals can use it. lol
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn I hate anything after XP lol

shem
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2018 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I really, based on your questions here, understand why people would let you do tech work for them. Having said that. Cloning 2 a big draw of windows 10. Lets you move from different stations, tablets or laptop. Im not at a terminal and you're not cutting me in on that top dollar bread you're earning.
You're key google search word was in my post. Good luck!

Dude, its not tech work, its filling in and lending a hand where needed when these people dont have the time to do it themselves. Some of the stuff I do might be as simple as I get a phone call "We have a meeting for 10 at 4 this afternoon, can you arrange some snacks and beverages". Done, I make 40 or 50 bucks just for making some phone calls and arranging the delivery, then being there to sign for it. Its all the "little things" that go on behind the scenes that nobody ever thinks of.

This whole fiasco started with a casual conversation with a research assistant that didnt have time to do some stuff and I offered to help out, and just kind of spread via word-of-mouth from there. I'm no computer tech, never claimed to be. I am a semi-articulate chimp that knew at one time how to throw myself at the ground and miss. That and juuussttt smart enough to learn the difference between a hammer, screwdriver and wrench. Something that seems to escape kids these days.

Nobody ever got rich off of this kind of stuff, but it is LOADS better than being pensioned-off on disabilaty like the docs wanted to do.

Whats going to happen after I get this machine set up and turned over, is it will go to a grad student to use in her field. While I am busy doing this grunt-work for her, she is busy learning to do real research. I'll make a hundred or buck-50 off of it total. After the Canadian tax system is done with that, I'll have about 47 cents.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 12-08-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock