Very public storage by shemdogg
Started on: 12-06-2018 11:55 PM
Replies: 10 (259 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 12-16-2018 01:47 PM
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This guy set up shop a few weeks ago, lotsa homeless moving back in. Homeboys set up over the bus stop bench, but the storage lockers just crack me up. Of all the random **** I see homeless with, this is a first. Took the pic on the way home, this morning he was stuffing something in one of the lockers lol.

shem

IP: Logged

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 292
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dont laugh at them too hard. Been there done that.

When I ended up in the shelters 3 years ago, 2/3rd of the guys I met were same as me...normal working guys who life (usually family/spouse) had sh*t on, kicked in the nuts, and stolen everything, then took the car and changed the locks to the house.

I was lucky, I got out of the trap with a little help from a few guys here and a little more from Veterans Affairs Canada--but not everybody is a vet, not everybody gets the chance to be in a cutting-edge PTSD research study, not everybody "stumbles-by-accident" into a new "career" as a virtual assistant. It DOES take one hell of a lot of swallowed pride and hard work to get back up again....and there IS a certain amount of pure bull-sheet luck in having the right past and being in the right place at the right time.

I'll give the guy points for both creativity and sheer hard work to haul that thing around.

To be honest, I "snapped" and had a complete break-down summer of 2009. It started in 2007. I kept working, toughed-it-out, and tried to hide it from the world for 9 years with no medical or help or support whatsoever. All on my lonesome. AND, I kept taking on more and getting into jobs (that paid sheet) that kept piling on more. If I have learned anything, its that I am not 9 years tough. 5 maybe, for that kind of sheet.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 12-07-2018).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Been there done that.

Yup.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-07-2018).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 390
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its easy to let life get away from us. To give other we thought we could trust control of our lives. To have everything we have spent a life time building taken away.
To the point that everything we own fits in our car and we have no where else to go but on the road.
If it wasn't for friends I don't know what I would have done, if they were not there to help me when I reached that low point in my life I don't know where I would be.
They were also there to kick me in the pants and get me moving again. Tough love is not always taken correctly when it is given but its needed.
Its a tight rope of what ifs that we struggle to balance and at any time we could fall again.
There is no shame in starting over or asking for help.

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey im not ripping on the homeless guy, of all the random stuff ive seen them have ive never seen a big ass set of lockers! Thats just crazy! I wasnt homeless but did live in my camaro for awhile. Z28 baby!

shem

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If that showed up against a fence of mine, I would teach my dog to pizz there.

Oh, feel free to set up camp, just not against my chain link fence. If it were a brick fence or the such my comments would be much different.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 390
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Hey im not ripping on the homeless guy, of all the random stuff ive seen them have ive never seen a big ass set of lockers! Thats just crazy! I wasnt homeless but did live in my camaro for awhile. Z28 baby!

shem

I know you are not, I was responding to the other guys.
It must have been funny when I was on my way to Florida and this black Mustang that looked like the shadow to my white Mustang got blown away buy a guy that had everything he owned in the car with him.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I know you are not, I was responding to the other guys.

Ditto.
It just got me to rememberin'...

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 292
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Ditto.
It just got me to rememberin'...

It wasnt ALL bad...I did meet some interesting characters, learned some valuable life lessons, and re-learned that blood does not make family, friendship does.

There was this one guy from South Africa. CPA, business degree, owned 3 companies, big house and 4 different types of BMW....woke up one morning and his wife had served papers, and it was all gone. He had to borrow my boots (only black shoes around) to go for a job interview as a middle-manager. Dunno if he got in, never saw him or that pair of boots again.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 12-08-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageClick Here to Email williegoatSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw yesterday where a guy had pitched a tent right in the bottom of a flood diversion channel and it had been raining, not real bright. I have seen that very spot under five feet of water in the past.

This is a picture of the spot from a couple of years ago. This channel directs runoff from the surrounding area down to a normally dry riverbed about three miles downstream. When runoff starts flowing, you don't have much time to get out.

The same channel about a mile downstream on the same day, less than ten minutes later.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-08-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2018 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would normally be all for city to use closed, unoccupied buildings to house the homeless...BUT, just like happens with all the help given to low income or destitute people, they quickly destroy those places to the point they have to be torn down. A perfect example is near downtown here in Columbus. The city obtained land that was previously low income private owned housing that had been abandoned and turned into more or less a public dump. They built all brand new low rent condos for mostly minority people. They were very nice, but not at all fancy, even included car ports. It filled up quickly. It didnt take 5 years for it to go right back to what it was, a dump. Houses had doors and windows broken out or boarded up, abandoned wrecked and junk vehicles everywhere. It was declared a public nuisance and bulldozed. AGAIN, they rebuilt it into a whole new subdivision of multi family units, which again quickly filled up. Its again an eyesore, but mostly still standing with maybe 1/4 of the units liveable. Likely their going to bulldoze it again and make it into a new soccer stadium or a park, and let the low incomers fend for themselves.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock