Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Alexa, that digital snoop in your house may soon have words about your relationships

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Alexa, that digital snoop in your house may soon have words about your relationships by 2.5
Started on: 12-04-2018 08:58 AM
Replies: 18 (334 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 12-05-2018 07:33 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.speakingtree.in...e-your-relationships

Virtual assistants such as Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home have the capacity to analyse how happy and healthy a couple’s relationship is, research has found. In-home listening devices will soon be able to judge how functional relationships are as well as interrupt an argument with an idea for how to resolve it, the study said. The research, by Imperial College Business School, stated that within the next two to three years, digital assistants could predict with 75% accuracy the likelihood of a relationship or marriage being a success.The technology would reach a verdict through acoustic analysis of communication between couples — examining everything from everyday encounters to arguments. ...“Artificial Intelligence (AI) could have a significant impact on communication patterns in relationships, specifically benefiting women in heterosexual partnerships.
...in another decade we could be seeing revolutionary changes with dating apps moving to continuous relationship coaching or marriage counselling ....

-

They should have used Alexa to tell them how to spell analyze.
But I guess that's how the Britts spell it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One must be foolish to invite such devices into their life.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2018 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

. ...“Artificial Intelligence (AI) could have a significant impact on communication patterns in relationships, specifically benefiting women in heterosexual partnerships.

One more step towards neutering and feminizing men.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...“Artificial Intelligence (AI) could have a significant impact on communication patterns in relationships, specifically benefiting women in heterosexual partnerships.

Interesting how they assume that men are the problem. When the data shows otherwise, will it get swept under the rug? Or will the software be tweaked to support the narrative?

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 12-04-2018).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/123095.html
Good example on how technology already spies on us.

I have had my phone display google results based on what google voice gathered from my text and email messages. Voice recognition. Its not just for typing anymore.

But I do get a lot of ads for beach wear
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:Interesting how they assume that men are the problem. When the data shows otherwise, will it get swept under the rug? Or will the software be tweaked to support the narrative?

"specifically benefiting women in heterosexual partnerships." I could imagine benefiting women might be "shut up -itch, he is supporting your lazy -ss." or "why are you trying to make him hit you?"
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Virtual assistant"? Noise-cancelling headphones have been on the market for a while now.

The ideal assistant would be silent. It would be unable to connect to the internet, but would obey verbal commands. It would clean the house, do the laundry, do the dishes, make the bed, fold the clothes and put them away. It would leave my stuff alone, and never mess with the TV. It would have no connection to my bank account or a credit card. It would keep paper products stocked, and clean towels on the racks. It would never throw away my favorite pants, shirt, or shoes. It would never interrupt, and never get in the way. It would never complain.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 12-05-2018).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The research, by Imperial College Business School, stated that within the next two to three years, digital assistants could predict with 75% accuracy the likelihood of a relationship or marriage being a success.

Yeah because every relationship falls into the cookie cutter statistics out there.

Second marriage, step kid, loss of a child, loss of a home, financial hardship, move far away from extended family, special needs child, age difference and the list would go on for all the reasons that statistically my wife and I should have divorced years ago. Instead we celebrated 20 years last April. We are nowhere near done and I see no reason aside from death that we ever will be.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

One must be foolish to invite such devices into their life.

I agree.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

"specifically benefiting women in heterosexual partnerships." I could imagine benefiting women might be "shut up -itch, he is supporting your lazy -ss." or "why are you trying to make him hit you?"

Hmm, does Alexa get conditioned based on the "culture" of the home it "lives" in?
I had heard it was really one intelligence and pooled/learned from the data it gathered from any and all Alexa users.
Also for example if you live "down south" does Alexa speak with a southern drawl?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-05-2018).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by tshark:

"Virtual assistant"? Noise-cancelling headphones have been on the market for a while now.

The ideal assistant would be silent. It would be unable to connect to the internet, but would obey verbal commands. It would clean the house, do the laundry, do the dishes, make the bed, fold the clothes and put them away. It would leave my stuff alone, and never mess with the TV. It would have no connection to my bank account or a credit card. It would keep paper products stocked, and clean towels on the racks. It would never throw away my favorite pants, shirt, or shoes. It would never interrupt, and never get in the way. It would never complain.

Yep, they really should call them virtual social engineering devices.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

It should also give good head.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can imagine that the first time that thing spouted off in the middle of a heated discussion, it would be unceremoniously dispatched.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I learned a long time ago not to interrupt a couple while they're arguing. They will BOTH turn on you!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

... step kid, loss of a child, loss of a home, financial hardship, move far away from extended family, special needs child, age difference and the list would go on for all the reasons that statistically my wife and I should have divorced years ago. Instead we celebrated 20 years last April. We are nowhere near done and I see no reason aside from death that we ever will be.

Marriages are supposed to perservere

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-05-2018).]

mike-ohio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mike-ohioClick Here to visit mike-ohio's HomePageSend a Private Message to mike-ohioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m just wondering how long it will take for law enforcement to subpoena what these devices have recorded and logged in your house.

Once that happens (and it will) the press will probably spin it that this is for the “greater good”.
AlanD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlanDSend a Private Message to AlanDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already been done and Amazon was ordered to comply.

https://www.cbsnews.com/new...der-case-2018-11-12/
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to modern life.
You have the right to remain silent (for the time being).
Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law, or of public opinion.

Every day, we creep a little closer to the Chinese social credit system.

Some would have us believe that there is a vast conspiracy to control us, but the real scary truth is that no one is in control.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-05-2018).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a story where Alexa called 911. Well it didn't exactly happen that way but the device did call the Sharif and 911 call the persons phone back.
Google it or if you have your computer reading this I can help

OK Google search Alexa calls 911

Lol but that shouldn't work either.
But check this out

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay