Started on: 11-30-2018 03:49 PM
Replies: 9 (276 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 12-04-2018 01:35 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2018 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I bought my truck on the 9th, the agreement with the dealer was I would walk in with cash in one week, and he would have had the truck sent out for inspection, and gotten the plates on it since he has access to a dealer fast-lane system and can be done in 10 minutes what takes me an hour.

Couldn't get hold of him, wouldn't return calls, my e-mails got ignored.

So as we agreed, I walked in with the price of the truck in full....and it hadnt moved, he hadnt done a damn thing to it.

He stammered about doing it in-house and would have it done by the 19th or 20th. OK, not prefect buy the situation is salvageable.

AGAIN..Couldn't get hold of him, wouldn't return calls, my e-mails got ignored.

Finally sent a tow truck to get it and brought to a guy who was up-front enough to say to me "Yeh, I can do it but wont get at it until Friday," that was on Monday.

Just got off the phone, he is giving it back brakes and a parking brake cable and good to go....I will have it Monday or Tuesday simply because he had to order the parts and now work it back into a bay, and over a weekend. VERY understandable.

So, I am out 100 bucks for a tow, another 50-100 for cabs/uber in the wasted time, its taken a month to get a truck that should have taken a week...AND the dealer I bought it from is now facing a complaint with the dealers association PLUS a few others I know that are vehicle-shopping have been giving the my story and sure wont be going to his place--cost him at least 3 potential sales, AND the whole story is going on Facebook and we can see how many sales THAT costs him.

The sad part is, if he had just said "sorry cant get to it anytime soon", I would have bought another ready-to-go (already safetied) truck off of him....Mine was just a little more luxurious (Sunroof and slider back window) for 500 bucks less....but, it seems the past 10 years I have gotten VERY good and stumbling into these "businesses" that promise the moon, then deliver rotten cheese and I have to fight to get even that.

(BTW, if you get stuck with no real tools or shop in London, call Sam at Active Green+Ross. Up-front and easy guy to work with, and he is very understanding that you are perfectly capable of doing it yourself just dont have a garage to do it IN at the moment)

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-30-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ida been super mad! Shoulda taken your money elsewhere, I buy everything off craigslist and wait for a deal on what I want. I tried selling used cars for a bit, there was stuff bad on the cars that most people wouldnt realize for awhile. I didnt wanna sell bad stuff to people, so I went back to selling kirbys lol.

shem
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Service AND sales have slumped to terrible everywhere. The body shop near me has gotten so bad its unbelievable. I use to recommend them for cheaper jobs, even had a few of my own drivers sprayed there after I prepped them. Now it literally takes 2 weeks for them to just paint a trunk lid. They just delivered a pickup truck that got some rust and dent work done, full paint including all jams. It just went out and they started on it in June. Every paint job is striped like a zebra, overspray on everything and terrible body work. On an older Mercedes SL, they gave a DA sander to a new employee who never worked on a car. He sanded or hit every piece of chrome and glass on the car. Since I have parts sources for those cars specifically, I priced them all out for them. For a $1200 paint job they had to buy $4800 worth of parts. Dont even get me started on Best Buy...but I just got back from picking out nearly $3000 worth of electronic stuff for gifts and myself. They were so rude, I just left the carts of stuff in the isle and walked out the door. Sales staff had zero knowledge about the products they were selling.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2018 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Ida been super mad! Shoulda taken your money elsewhere, I buy everything off craigslist and wait for a deal on what I want. I tried selling used cars for a bit, there was stuff bad on the cars that most people wouldnt realize for awhile. I didnt wanna sell bad stuff to people, so I went back to selling kirbys lol.

shem

KIRBYS ????

And you dont want to sell bad stuff ??

C'mon over to Aerus. We have cookies

Ah, well. At least it's not Rainbows
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kirbys are pure beef bro! My grandma still had one from the early 50's when they moved here. I bought a few myself at cost lol. Rainbows suck u have to empty the water lol!

shem
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Kirbys are pure beef bro! My grandma still had one from the early 50's when they moved here. I bought a few myself at cost lol. Rainbows suck u have to empty the water lol!

shem

I don't know if you understand how vacuums are supposed to work... They are supposed to suck, sucking is a good thing.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had a Rainbow for easily 30 years.
Dumping the water is no chore, beats having a smelly filter bag sitting around.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple Kirby's, they're awesome, although since Roomba's came out I don't use them AS often, there are still jobs the Kirby does better, and that the Roomba can't do.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'd see the rainbow guys every once in awhile. I did a demo in a home vs a rainbow- no contest. Even saw the elusive electrolux guys rarely, but that things junk. This was 97 so they may have a better model, I think the kirby is the same one I was selling in new colors. I was selling the g4 and g5. Kirbys have a hepa filter bag so no stinky stinky. Dont empty that water n see how quick it stinks! Most people forget how to use the kirby on carpets, they have 3 carpet settings and one flat floor setting. When done right the kirby lifts up the carpet and vacuums through the carpet. The kirby then was 3 vacuums and a shampooer. I bought 4. I love the kirby because its solid metal! Weighs a ton but has a transmission so its easy to push. I sold tons of em back then, I was 19. 4-600 bucks commision per sale at full pop! I was killing it. The scam was for the sellers. They promised you a monthly salary if you did 3 demos per day, nobody got 3 demos a day. Folks would stay for a week or two, not sell anything and leave. One day I showed up late, a van master was sick, so they made me van master for the day(the closer). I only had 2 guys, went and got my girlfriend at the time, we all went out knocking doors in san jose. End of the day i sold 5 machines and got promoted. Sweet job, banged hella chicks too!

shem
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2018 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't mind fixing them and running the service departments, or entire stores but I wasn't real keen on selling them. I'll just never believe a vacuum is worth over a grand ! Not when I can walk into Wally-world and walk out with 8-10 of them for that.

The big thing with the Electrolux (Aerus now) was the brand loyalty.....grandma had one in the 40's, and mom had one in the 70's, so now daughter wants one in the 2000's. The whole thing with the different models (and 1k-2k price tag), was open them up and they are all the same inside...same motor, same impellor, same bag housing. The differences were just bells-and-whistles and cosmetic, no matter what anybody told you.

Some of the policies pissed me of since I thought they were ripping off customers...bring me a unit with bad brushes in the motor and I have to give you a whole new motor for $300+, even though the brushes are worth about 15 bucks. It seemed they were trying to squeeze TOO much out of the targets..er..customers.

2 of the stores had OLD (back to the 20's and 30's) models sitting there as display pieces that actually still worked, they had all been taken in on trade at one time and the the franchise owner kept some of the good ones as store display. I even built a couple "new-old" 1940's models just for boredom cure on slow days. Just a matter of grab a few from the basement and take the best parts off each.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock