Started on: 11-27-2018 11:37 AM
Replies: 5 (132 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-27-2018 10:47 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So intense, he deserves his own classification, Little Walter lived and died by the blues.

He is the reason harp sounds the way it does.

At 5:39 is "Juke", one of my all-time favorite recordings ever, of any genre. If you can't feel it, you should probably see a doctor.

Tracklist :
00:00 - Sad Hours
03:08 - My Babe
05:39 - Juke
08:21 - Blues With a Feeling
11:25 - Last Night
14:06 - Mean Old World
16:58 - Who
19:21 - You'd Better Watch Yourself
22:24 - Off the Wall
25:12 - Tell Me Mama
27:58 - Come Back Baby
31:01 - Boom Boom Out Goes the Lights
33:41 - I Can't Hold Out Much Longer
36:40 - Evans Shuffle
38:50 - Crazy for My Baby
41:51 - Quarter to Twelve

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, cool stuff. True story: I asked an inmate who was known for his amazing harmonica skills, to play in a "Sally port" for the acoustics. Sounded amazing, I wished I could have recorded it.
BUT, I challenge your best,.. with Tom Petty and Prince with their version of "My Guitar Gently Weeps"
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Ok, cool stuff. True story: I asked an inmate who was known for his amazing harmonica skills, to play in a "Sally port" for the acoustics. Sounded amazing, I wished I could have recorded it.
BUT, I challenge your best,.. with Tom Petty and Prince with their version of "My Guitar Gently Weeps"

I never heard that version before. It's hard to top Harrison and Clapton, but they did a great job.

I just got a new harmonica, so I have been doing a lot of listening.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I never heard that version before. It's hard to top Harrison and Clapton, but they did a great job.

I just got a new harmonica, so I have been doing a lot of listening.

I love the harmonica. I can't play it, but the sound is so cool.
Like I said, that sound of a harmonica played by an inmate in prison, playing in a prison housing unit, that echoed like an underground cavern raised the hair on the back of my neck.
No words that I can say do it justice. I don't know if it was an original tune or a rendition, but it was sad, slow, bluesy and emotional. You could feel the emotions flowing.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I love the harmonica. I can't play it, but the sound is so cool.
Like I said, that sound of a harmonica played by an inmate in prison, playing in a prison housing unit, that echoed like an underground cavern raised the hair on the back of my neck.
No words that I can say do it justice. I don't know if it was an original tune or a rendition, but it was sad, slow, bluesy and emotional. You could feel the emotions flowing.

I would have loved to hear that. It's too bad you couldn't record it, it would have made a great video. You could have made that guy famous.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-27-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I would have loved to hear that. It's too bad you couldn't record it, it would have made a great video. You could have made that guy famous.

He is dead now. At the time he was very sick and would rarely feel well enough to come out to play with a small "band" of inmates. Here in California, inmates can own and bring a limited number of musical instruments out to the yard to play. I probably saw his last "concert". Not that he died that night, but he rarely came out at all at that time of his life.He had enough respect for me to play that night at my request, and at least 300 other people got to hear him that night. The housing units held 296 inmates and 3 Officers. I was a Yard Officer at the time who stepped in to here him play..

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 11-27-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock