Started on: 11-23-2018 11:06 PM
Replies: 4 (111 views)
Last post by: shemdogg on 11-24-2018 07:13 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for suggestions for a relatively simple to operate, preferably big button, 3 or 4 device universal remote for my folks. Dad has multiple devices connected to the TV (amp, Roku, DVD player, maybe something else plus the TV itself) and of course has a separate remote for each device. All Mom wants to do is turn on the TV, change the channels and adjust the sound. Mom isn't the most tech friendly person and their both in their 70s so their eyesight isn't getting any better. Ideally, it would be nice if the remote had a programmable macro so a single button would turn on/off the TV and amp together and would be again programmable so that the volume would be changed via the amp, not the TV. Simple volume and Roku functions after that.

I've seen a million of these advertised at various prices (some questionably low) on various sites. Some brands I've heard of, some not.

I need 2 of these. I'd like to stay under about $40/each if possible. Do you guys have any suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2018 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have NO idea where you would find them where you are (gotta be somewhere) but there is a keyboard/remote with HUGE keys on it. Black case with big yellow buttons. We got dad one in his last weeks, but my sister picked it up and I really dont remember where, there was so much chaos going on. I just know it worked and I recall the big buttons.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I'm looking for suggestions for a relatively simple to operate, preferably big button, 3 or 4 device universal remote for my folks. Dad has multiple devices connected to the TV (amp, Roku, DVD player, maybe something else plus the TV itself) and of course has a separate remote for each device. All Mom wants to do is turn on the TV, change the channels and adjust the sound. Mom isn't the most tech friendly person and their both in their 70s so their eyesight isn't getting any better. Ideally, it would be nice if the remote had a programmable macro so a single button would turn on/off the TV and amp together and would be again programmable so that the volume would be changed via the amp, not the TV. Simple volume and Roku functions after that.

I've seen a million of these advertised at various prices (some questionably low) on various sites. Some brands I've heard of, some not.

I need 2 of these. I'd like to stay under about $40/each if possible. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Do your folks have cell phones?

If so, are they android O/S phones?

If so, take a look at *Peel Remote* app.

https://www.peel.com/

https://fossbytes.com/peel-...remove-smart-remote/

It's priced right: FREE

I have it and it works good.

The app won't work on phones without an IR "blaster" like Samsung Galaxy models, so iOS phones are usually not good for Peel

(It's also a hoot to use in a sports bar )

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-24-2018).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This seems pretty simple.
https://www.amazon.com/Flip...ontrol/dp/B002GR1YZ0
Dad had one of those jokingly large ones for a few years that one of the kids got him as a joke, but I think he secretly liked how simple it was.

Heck, I'm a tech guy and I hate how complex remotes seem to be. There only needs to be a few buttons really. On/Off Channel Up/Down Volume Up/Down, and perhaps a button to change devices.

Brad

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive gotten that big ol cheapo one for a few of my senior customers and they loved it, harbor freight sells it

shem

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock