Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Story to warm MEM's heart. India. Isolated bow & arrow tribe kills Xtian missionary.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Story to warm MEM's heart. India. Isolated bow & arrow tribe kills Xtian missionary. by rinselberg
Started on: 11-21-2018 03:21 PM
Replies: 13 (238 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 11-25-2018 12:28 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that MEM (MidEngineManiac) has expressed himself previously about his appreciation (zero) for religious proselytizers.

November 21, 2018
Alastair Jamieson, Elisha Fieldstadt and Associated Press; for NBC News.

An American missionary was killed by an isolated Indian island tribe that is known to fire at outsiders with bows and arrows, police said Wednesday.

John Allen Chau, 27, was identified as the victim by Jeff King, president of Washington, D.C.-based non-profit International Christian Concern. Chau was not a part of the non-profit, but he said the missionary was traveling in a group of other missionaries and adventurers.

"My understanding is that he was there to bring Christianity to this remote tribal group," said King. "If you’re a believer, your worldview is that non-believers are lost and that their only hope is Jesus."

Police officer Vijay Singh said the killing apparently occurred Saturday on North Sentinel Island, part of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

The Sentinelese people who live there on are known to resist all contact with outsiders, often attacking anyone who comes near.

<SNIP>

The complete report, online:
https://www.nbcnews.com/new...sland-police-n938826

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2018 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there not a forum rule regarding calling out other members in a thread header? I surely have been reprimanded for it by our esteemed moderator in the past. Boy, did I learn a lesson on that one.

Can I say ta ta for now, or is that offensive to those with nipples?

Carry on with the tactless based feces ordering Ronnie.

Edit: The guy killed should not have been on that island. The nation in control bans outside visitors. 7 fisherman delivered him to the island for a price. They were arrested. Diversity worked in this occasion to the advantage of those living on the island. I applaud their defense of an illegal invader. Do you see where I am headed here, or should I throw some more sugar for the ant hoard?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 11-21-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought (and still expect) MEM to be appreciative of this as the kind of joke or jest that he himself appreciates. I mean, the way that I have set up the Topic, with "MEM" in the subject line.

I am well aware that these Indian Ocean islanders have expressed their strong desire to remain as an "uncontacted tribe", and well aware that these Christian missionaries should not have tried to contact these people. The NBC News report suggests that there may have been a failure here by the nation of India's authorities--the authorities that have the assignment of barring outsiders from trying to contact these people.

I remember reading about these islanders quite some time ago.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2018 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are wrong, Rinsey....dead wrong

I dont believe people should be murdered just for believing...people are free to think and belive wahtever they want, no matter how stupid the Easter bunny is...

But I DO believe, I dont give a flying crap about Alah and they better shut up and go away real soon...and I;m frying bacon to celebrate..muszzies can go **** themselves on that too, and thier entire garbage.

I dont think they should be killed because of their religion....

I think they should be killed for trying to force it onto me.

Its called "Freedom"...look it up someday.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-21-2018).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2018 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I thought (and still expect) MEM to be appreciative of this as the kind of joke or jest that he himself appreciates.

I remember reading about these islanders quite some time ago.

Yes, I do--the sarcasm runs deep...

Now about those Islanders...I got baubles and beads to trade...can give them guns and bullets...when they get old enough I'll give them fighter and bomber aircraft...

and HOLEY sheet watch what happens.....
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Rinselberg-FWIW, I take a bit of offense to Christian as Xtian. Even if you don't believe in Jesus (He believes is you), please show some respect.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

You're friendly neighborhood Monkeyman
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't everyone have nipples?
Tony! You've successfully offended everyone on the planet!
Awesome!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2018 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Doesn't everyone have nipples?
Tony! You've successfully offended everyone on the planet!
Awesome!

HEY, HEY, HEY !!

Offending the planet is MY job !!

Now what am I gonna do ? Just WHO is going to hire the SECOND most offensive man on the planet ? I'm nothing but a has-been now.

Thannnkksssss....
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to step up your game MEM!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Mr. Rinselberg-FWIW, I take a bit of offense to Christian as Xtian. Even if you don't believe in Jesus (He believes is you), please show some respect.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

You're friendly neighborhood Monkeyman

Monkeyman, I grew up in a very violent catholic home. I was a kid grabbed by the front of the shirt and slammed against a wall. I've been hand-cuffed to railings. I've been forced to kneel on split kindling and pray while being hit in the back of the head with a book.

Next time, I might not be so forgiving of a priest, or a mother for that matter.. I dont need a weapon, a fist will do just fine.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-24-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems that I have provoked a kind of discussion that I was not trying to provoke.

For the record, I did not mean to insinuate that MEM does not believe in freedom of worship and the freedom for anyone to hold to their own religious beliefs. I just thought, hey, he's not one to have his space invaded by religious proselytizers of any kind or faith--I think that's fair to say from many of his previous messages here--and so, this news report reminded me of him in a kind of droll or joking way.

As far as my abbreviation of Christian as "Xtian", I hardly gave it any thought. It was only because I wanted to have a New Topic that would not require more than the maximum number of text characters that are accepted by the forum interface.

I will remember, from this experience, that using that abbreviation is not universally well received.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-24-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will remember, from this experience, that using that abbreviation is not universally well received.

Thank you.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

texasfiero

4674 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Monkeyman, I grew up in a very violent catholic home. I was a kid grabbed by the front of the shirt and slammed against a wall. I've been hand-cuffed to railings. I've been forced to kneel on split kindling and pray while being hit in the back of the head with a book.

Next time, I might not be so forgiving of a priest, or a mother for that matter.. I dont need a weapon, a fist will do just fine.

I am saddened by your experience. That is NOT what Christianity is about. Unfortunately, there are those who categorize themselves under that banner, while being totally ignorant if what determines whether a person is a Christian.

So often, Christianity (Jesus Christ) is judged by those who call themselves by His name. It should be the opposite. We, who call ourselves Christian, SHOULD be judged in His light. I pray someday you experience the truth of how it should be.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2018 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It seems that I have provoked a kind of discussion that I was not trying to provoke.

For the record, I did not mean to insinuate that MEM does not believe in freedom of worship and the freedom for anyone to hold to their own religious beliefs. I just thought, hey, he's not one to have his space invaded by religious proselytizers of any kind or faith--I think that's fair to say from many of his previous messages here--and so, this news report reminded me of him in a kind of droll or joking way.

As far as my abbreviation of Christian as "Xtian", I hardly gave it any thought. It was only because I wanted to have a New Topic that would not require more than the maximum number of text characters that are accepted by the forum interface.

I've been saying "xtian" "muzzie" and "jew" for abut 40 or 45 years now.

There was this one gentleman (probably dead now) that I knew in the 2000's. He had lived thru Hitlers Europe.

His best joke was "I'm no Jew, I'm a ****ing kike"

The point was, if you can get offend or wound up about a joke, then your panties are probably wound too tight and you need more coffee...

****ing kikes...now where did I put the 4 bucks coffee money....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock