back surgery no. 8 by jim94
Started on: 11-21-2018 06:24 AM
Replies: 15 (288 views)
Last post by: starlightcoupe on 12-26-2018 09:01 PM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
time to get my back fixed again, l-2/l-3 fusion with a redirection of screws that are digging into my disc. going in december 4, i am getting reading for my ct scan and pace apt. in the hospital now. never a dull day. but to look on the bright side the fiero is going in for a new clutch on monday. we will all get fixed and be as good as new.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, hope you feel better after you heal up.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck on the outcome, and a speedy and complete recovery.
My good neighbor just had major back surgery, involving seven vertebrae.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope all hoes well for you and a speedy recovery as well!

I do however have a question. You may not be able to answer it though with the screws digging into your disc. On the chance that you have had another fusion done in the 7 prior surgeries aside from the problematic one, did it provide much pain relief or was it more of a "so the pain doesn't get worse" kind of thing?

I've been told a fusion in my neck is in my future so I'm just curious as to what kind of results to expect, but from someone who's had one?

Get well soon and hopefully there isn't a surgery no. 9.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope your surgery goes well and that you won't need another operation. Keep us informed.

Edit: I should have read khw's post. My back surgery included several screws that apparently are ok but pain persists--nothing like after the original surgery--so perhaps you may not have any problems with your surgery. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 11-21-2018).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
right now my right leg looses feeling, i hope that stops plus my fusion below didnot take. i would just like to stand and feel like i have shoes on both feet. i have alot of scar tissue in my back.my car goes in for a clutch on monday, i hope i wll be able tp drive it home befor i get operated on. my wife might get to drive it. i would like to wash it and cover it befor my operation. my next car show is in feb. cars and coffee, amelia island concourse.it's an invitation only show. every thing will work out i am sure. hope everone has a happy thanks giving and thanks for you well wishes.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2018 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its just a boo-boo

Seriously man, take the time to heal for yourself. Pain is NO joy-ride..

I keep 2 canes and a pair of crutches around, and some days roll out of bed. Dont stand up, because the lower body wont hold your weight anymore, roll right and get up from hands and knees.

Kinda of like getting out of a Fiero...

Best wishes, man.....wannoa go try and crawl into a Cessna ?...sheettt...
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well after driving my car for 2hrs and 30 minutes to drop it off at the mechanic i took a small 5 mile walk north untill my leg was numb enough that i had to call an uber. $27.00 dollard for a 12 mile ride to my aunt and uncle's home. i am just cheep or my leg hurts bad from too much walking. my lovely wife gave me a ride back home and she even let me drive her car too .
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

well after driving my car for 2hrs and 30 minutes to drop it off at the mechanic i took a small 5 mile walk north untill my leg was numb enough that i had to call an uber. $27.00 dollard for a 12 mile ride to my aunt and uncle's home. i am just cheep or my leg hurts bad from too much walking. my lovely wife gave me a ride back home and she even let me drive her car too .

I don't have back problems, but I still have trouble getting in and out of my Fiero.

My wife says that I just sort of "fall in and roll out" of it. I tell her that I'm OLD and that's what old guys do.

If you're clocking over 2 hours at a time in a Fiero, I'd say you're ahead of the game.

Did you actually wrangle an invitation to Amelia Island with a Fiero?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-28-2018).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is my 5th year being invited to amelia island cars and coffee.i do cruise with the local pontiac club as i do belong too. My car is ready to be picked up, i had a new clutch and pp installed by gt service of melbourne[our sponsor of daytona march car show], i pick it up thday at 1:00pm. i am just so happy to have a car that runs and shifts right. i will wash it on monday and it will be clean for the next car show.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the fiero lives with a new clutch. it shifts great. gt service in melbourne fl. is the best. robert you and your men brought my car back to life.it was really that bad and it is soo good now. it shifts better than a new fiero and i say that because i owned one in 1987. tomorrow a good wash and cover it up for the next car show. the back on tuesday.time for me to get a tune up.
PFF
System Bot
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, monday the car is clean, battery tender hooked up and covered. but i had to do a sonogram of my heart, the test results made it to the dr. to late and the surgery was canceled. next date will be dec. 20.. oh well i just go with the flow. whats 2 more weeks with back pain, same s--t diff. day. but my car is smoking, it just blows me away.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for pain relief and the eventual surgery to go well.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many I know are happy with the results of their surgery so, the odds should be on your side.
A little late but, maintenance is the best bet for those that are not too damaged.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2018 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thursday, dec. 20 was my surgery, friday by 5:00 i was home. i feel better with a little pain. now my best bud is my back brace. hope everyone had a merry christmas.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2018 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

thursday, dec. 20 was my surgery, friday by 5:00 i was home. i feel better with a little pain. now my best bud is my back brace. hope everyone had a merry christmas.

Glad you're back home and feeling a little better. My fusion was sort of successful and I think I am in better shape anatomically than you are considering your long bout with surgery and back problems. I have to continue the shots into the spine but compared to what you're enduring, I have no pain. The doctor was surprised that I didn't ask for anesthesia and the nurse was an "easy on the eyes" kind of babe so my episode was nothing. I wish you the best and a complete recovery.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock