Started on: 11-16-2018 04:47 AM
Replies: 1 (118 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 11-16-2018 07:06 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two new Twitter messages that I want to share for interest. They were part of Thursday's edition (15 Nov 2018) of MSNBC's "All In With Chris Hayes." Not particularly looking to start another Totally O/T discussion that will expand to epic proportions. Not trying to set myself up to "post" another of the kind of epic-length discussion forum "dissertations" that I have indulged in here, in times past. I will just see what happens.

The first is from Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D), whose district includes or intersects the city of Oakland, CA. I am doing the Copy and Paste, but I also provide the link that displays the Twitter message in its native format. Thinking, maybe there are those who are not averse to seeing the message, but are somewhat reluctant to use the link (for whatever reason.) Her Twitter designation is @RepBarbaraLee

On the floor, @HouseGOP is pushing a bill to delist endangered wolves from the Endangered Species Act. But that’s not all. They’re now using THIS bill as a vehicle to extend US complicity in the Saudi war in Yemen. January can’t come soon enough. #DemMajority #YemenCantWait
https://twitter.com/RepBarbaraLee/status/1062793632372142081

And this, from Brian Fallon, a political consultant (D), who is talking about what kind of person could emerge as the Democratic Party candidate for President in 2020. His Twitter handle is @brianefallon

A nominee best situated to be able to ignore Trump is one who commands a media ecosystem apart from Trump. Whose life story is inherently fascinating enough to draw endless human-interest stories. Whose social media videos in the car or carving flank steak are deemed interesting
https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/1062579171887644672

So, wolves and wars, media ecosystems and flank steak.

Who'da thunk?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-16-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although I am no fan of the Saudis, the Houthis are NOT our friends. In my opinion, the conflict in Yemen is really a proxy war between the Saudis and Iran and by extension, the Russians. I wish we could just leave the entire region to burn itself down, but wherever we back out, Putin will step in.

Oh, and the wolves are doing just fine now. They no longer need our help. Literally and metaphorically.

Wolves good, war bad.

Who could argue with that?

Unless you are a caveman, then it's.....

Wolves bad, fire good.

Unless you live in California, then it's.....

Fire bad, alien invaders good.

Unless you are Rod Serling, then it's a cookbook.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-16-2018).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock