Started on: 11-15-2018 02:57 PM
Replies: 1 (159 views)
Last post by: bonaduce on 11-16-2018 08:26 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2018 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my regular clients had his son bring me a laptop this morning. I'm guessing the kid is 15-16, somewhere around there.

Nothing wrong with it, he just bought it refurb with a fresh install of Windows 7.

All he wanted was the updates installed, office loaded and activated, and Chrome set up and working.

I thought it was a joke and priced the job at $500 thinking he would call my bluff, his dad is a good guy and wouldnt put up with that **** .. The guy paid it without even trying to negotiate.

I'm not complaining about easy cash, but holey HELL dont these kids do ANYTHING for themselves anymore ???. He is paying me to babysit downloads that don't need babysitting, basically.

I think we are completely screwed in a generation or 2. I'll have to count on this in my retirement ? HUH ?

(Yeh, I'll give his dad a bunch of the cash back and tell him to smack the kid upside the head, but still. )

Edit...

This is just too funny...I got off the phone with Vic and it seems junior is getting a new a-hole cut.....It went something like this...

He did WHAT ??? with MY money ???
(me)..yeh well I took it anyway.
You did WHAT ?
(me) now next time we meet you owe me Starbucks, and I think I'll have 2 of them.
GFY. You drink your usual Tim Horton's and like it
(me) do you REALLY want that computer and money back ?
OK, I'll bring a pizza too.

LMAO, that kid is going to get one life-lesson when he gets home....Meh, I got 50 bucks, a timmies and a few slices of pizza out of it.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-15-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it is the kids fault, some of it but not all. A lot of it falls back on the parents, and how they let the kids get away with it. My boss's daughter showed up yesterday and screamed at him " You better put some F@@@@@@ snow tires on that F##### car". Now mind you she just turned 16, and pops bought her an all decked out 2018 Cruze and she talks to her father this way, I should say her best friend, because all he said was OK. That is not parenting.

dan
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock