Started on: 11-11-2018 09:11 PM
Replies: 7 (212 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 11-13-2018 08:31 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2018 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course, I dont understand wominz so am gonna ask a bunch of conservative car guys !!

Here is the problem....I am borderline OCD about clutter. It drives me INSANE. I need things neat and organized so I can find what I want when I want it. LOL, eve my junk drawer has all the spare chargers and cords and "stuff" sorted and placed in individual baggies JUST so I am not trying to untangle a big ball of cords when I need one (I wont, I'll go buy a new one instead and toss the tangle into the trash).

Problem is, Kim loves to spoil me with little gifts. Stuffed animals, scented candles home decor, clothing...and I don't have ROOM for all this crap. I got about 425 square feet with 2 closets and a 5x5 storage locker.

I also have a habit of keeping current paperwork sorted in close-at-hand piles. DO NOT TOUCH THE ****ING PAPERS.....and Kim likes to "surprise" me by cleaning the apartment sometimes when I go out.

I asked, hollered, screamed, held my breathg, stomped my feet...and NOTHING will fracking stop her from loading up this place with needless CRAP or moving my important crap around when I'm not here.

I have just spent 4 hours searching thru cluttered CRAP for a $10,000 envelope that WAS on the coffee table (an arms reach behind the computer) this morning. Of course SHE DIDNT SEE IT or move it...nooooo.. (well I wasn't home so I guess it grew legs on its own) .

And I need that envelope to sign contracts in the morning.

So much for a Home Office. It worked great when I was single but I am more and more thinking its time to either be single again or rent an office somewhere.

WOMEN.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2018 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You said 'or'.......
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2018 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have that issue. My wife cleans an area of the house by moving the $hit to another area. Then she cleans that area by moving the stuff elsewhere. Nothing ever disappears....just moves around the house, like a world tour.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having been married to my lovely bride for over 41 years, I have learned the important evolutionary fact that the female of our species is a *nest builder*.

Allow them to fulfill that function and all will be fine.

That does not mean that you cannot specify a corner of your shared nest as off limits as long as SHE is free to maintain the majority of it.

Failing that you will soon find that the nest will revert back to your solitary cave.

Choose wisely.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Having been married to my lovely bride for over 41 years, I have learned the important evolutionary fact that the female of our species is a *nest builder*.

Allow them to fulfill that function and all will be fine.

That does not mean that you cannot specify a corner of your shared nest as off limits as long as SHE is free to maintain the majority of it.

Failing that you will soon find that the nest will revert back to your solitary cave.

Choose wisely.

My "private" space (in the house) takes up square inches. The rest of the nest is her's to do as she wishes. I simply don't care but, World War III will break out if, my space is altered. It's kind of like the DMZ of Korea. We've learned that it works best this way.
Oh, my shop is an area she will not enter, we have a good understanding of where the line is drawn.

Rams
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My X used to move my "stuff" which would drive me crazy. I'd ask where is such or such and I'd be told I put it where it belongs so where is it?? She has been gone since 1982, and I still can locate my "stuff".
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2018 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It turned up....after the meeting.....down at her place in a bag of stuff to be sorted out later.

I manged to bluff my way thru not having the documents with me and got the job anyway, but I really DONT need that kind of stress again anytime soon.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only place(s) that I know will be “safe” are those that have a lock on them, and only I have a key.

The worst - when bills or invitations go missing (for me, “out of sight, out of mind”) if I put something somewhere, and it is moved, I forget about it.

The other thing that drives me bonkers is that anything with a power cord is defined to be separated from it forever. I try to remember to label the adapter, so I know what it goes to.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock