Started on: 11-08-2018 12:50 PM
Replies: 3 (202 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 11-09-2018 04:56 PM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2018 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh wait! They don't need any help!
Social engineering run amuck!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2018 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

Oh wait! They don't need any help!
Social engineering run amuck!

I don't get it, who are the liberals?

My daughter is in Girl Scouts, and it's a Christian organization. The Girl Scout pledge says "Under God" and "For my Country" and all that other stuff.

The Boy Scouts, in an effort to get more participation due to declining membership, started accepting girls... and it's been really bad for the Girl Scouts.

Both the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts have lost more than 2/3rds of their memberships in the past 10 years.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2018 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well what did we expect to happen?
Its too dangerous to learn the things I learned in scouts, you know how to use a knife, how to read and understand instructions, how to live in my surroundings.
Hell how to get home without a cell phone and know I better get there before the street lights come on.
How hard work pays off and how not participating doesn't get you a reward.

They have lost hold on the values that made up the groups. Now the volunteers have to worry about being accused of horrible things if they don't reward some kid who couldn't sew a button on a shirt.
They cant be alone with a kid or they face being dismissed. Oh and give a kid a hug when something is wrong? Forget that stuff.
I grew up in the scouts, I was just a dumb kid who didn't make friends. I had no father and the scouts gave me an outlet. Was it perfect? Hell no but it had its merits (See what I did there)
We have become too much of a PC society to keep groups like the scouts around. Better that they are brought up on values they learn on Face Book and share on Twitter.
Later they can share on BoobChat (SnapChat) come on you didn't know what snapchat was? Ask your kid and if they blush then perhaps you should send them camping while you still can.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2018 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. Yes, I still remember it.

I think it is now a very different organization than it was back then.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-09-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock