Started on: 11-06-2018 09:40 AM
Replies: 25 (421 views)
Last post by: starlightcoupe on 11-14-2018 09:35 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not a thread for people to bicker about political viewpoints. There are plenty of threads where people do that already. This thread asks a simple yes or no question. If you want to talk about why you did or didn't vote, that's fine. And if you want to talk about your voting experience, that's OK too. But NO BICKERING.

As for me, I'll just leave this right here...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am enjoying my coffee, waiting for the lines to die down and for it to warm up a bit, it's just about 8:00 am here and 58o outside (yeah, I'm a wimp when it comes to cold). In a little bit, I will jump in the shower, then walk to the polls.

I am not a big fan of early voting and really enjoy going to the polls. I'm not in a hurry. I'm retired, so I've got plenty of time.

edit: I see Kissimmee, FL. I lived in the Orlando area, Sky Lake for a few years in the mid sixties.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-06-2018).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn’t even think of bickering.

Yes, I voted.

It’s rumored that Republicans vote today and Democrats vote tomorrow. I have not attempted to verify this..

Rams
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I arrived at the polling place shortly after they opened. There were only 2 other voters. I was in and out in about 5 minutes. No complaints here!
SGaGentleman1968

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SGaGentleman1968Send a Private Message to SGaGentleman1968Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wife and I did the early voting. In and out in less that 10 minutes.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I voted around 9:00, there were a couple dozen other people, looked like I missed the right at open crowd, and the lunch crowd.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did early voting last week while I was home. Very pleasant. My 23 year old daughter voted for the first time.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. Took my 5 year old grandson and he helped fill out the ballot. Hope he's the one who get the jury duty notice in a month or two. Here's a thought..... only those who don't vote get called for jury duty,

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 11-06-2018).]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me and the wife just got home and no issues (other than she's a demo and I'm a repub) nice quite ride looking at the pretty fall colors. No lines and in and out in 10min.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done and done!

Eighteen minutes from when I walked out my front door to when I returned, including about a half mile round trip walk. There were only two or three voters, so there was no line.

The staff was friendly and helpful as always, which is nice because I usually walk in very boisterously, greeting everyone and asking about the turnout. This was the first time that the check-in was done by a computer which scanned my driver license. The voting was still done by the same connect-the-arrow paper ballot.

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes sir. I [early] voted last Tuesday. Uneventful. Today, I had to leave home early and won't be getting back pretty close to when the polls close so I didn't want to take the chance.

Priceless and sad - I swung by Wawa to pick up a quick lunch today. I'm standing in line behind a lady that obviously had an "I Voted" sticker. The clerk proceeds to ask, "Is today the last day for voting"?
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Priceless and sad - I swung by Wawa to pick up a quick lunch today. I'm standing in line behind a lady that obviously had an "I Voted" sticker. The clerk proceeds to ask, "Is today the last day for voting"?

You should have told her that she should wait until tomorrow to vote, because the lines will be much shorter. Someone who is that ill-informed would probably vote Democrat.

edit: Is that prohibited bickering?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-06-2018).]

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Walked in just now with a zero wait line left with over 15 people in line. The women who signed me in said that it had been a much heavier than average voter turnout this election. They ran out of I voted stickers even. My girlfriend voted for the first time and severely disappointed
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.

Can't wait to see the results.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I voted a couple weeks back. We opted for the mail in ballot this go round.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Yes.

Can't wait to see the results.

Yeah, I look forward to debates and election night the way some do playoff games and the Stupidbowl.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We waited until just after evening rush hour started and then went to vote.

It's a tradition in my family to vote in person on the proscribed date and we love interacting in person with others at the polls. No "vote by mail" or "early voting" for us.

Our polling place is in a nearby community center that holds Bingo games for the old folks twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays. Today was no exception.
They had the hall divided off for the voting, but the Bingo caller on the PA system was booming into the voting booth area......so after she had called out a few numbers I naturally yelled out BINGO! from inside my voting booth.

Everyone in the voting area was laughing, but apparently the elderly "Bingo lady" was NOT amused and as I was leaving she was in the hallway yelling at one of the poll workers saying: "Someone on YOUR SIDE is shouting BINGO!".....The poll worker was still laughing.....

I live in a DEEP RED area of Florida and the polls were as busy this evening as I remember 2 years ago for the Presidential election.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-07-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I voted. Not one single Democratic was worth a scratch of ink.
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I voted just before closing. Of course this is Illinois so all the voting was just for show as the results were predetermined long ago...

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2018 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. Quick and painless
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2018 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My polling place is 3 doors down, so no excuse not too. Walked right in, up to a station and voted in 10 minutes. Voted straight republican, and No on cutting jail time and providing Narcan for drug users.
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2018 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been in he Netherlands from Oct 10th. Before I left I tried to go to the county voter office for an absentee ballot and it was closed. In California, my opinion rarely counts. Gavin Newsom, Dianne Feinstein, and other suspected communist represent me!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2018 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I voted, not like it made a difference. F@cking retards here didnt even repeal the gas tax/reg fees. The same tard who brought streets full off poop, needles, and homeless to san fran is now governor. People here are brainwashed bad. And drive like ****ing morons. I see those honda clarity and toyota mrai on the road, what stupid looking cars driven by even dumber people. With new taxes and regulations these same people will be invading your states. Get your walls up and require an IQ test before moving!

shem
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2018 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

With new taxes and regulations these same people will be invading your states.

shem

I'm a Cali native. Born there and lived the major portion of my life there. However, I am not a Democrat and never will be. Here in Utah I got away from the way of life liberals brought in to California. I hated it. I couldn't afford it. I wanted out of it. I got out.

Now I see more and more cars popping up here where I live with Cali plates on them. Then I see the same "It's for the Kids!" crap come up when elections come around. I am very vocal on how it's never really "for the kids". What good does it do to vote in a new tax for school funding if the state looks at projected revenue from it and just cuts other school funding from other sources because of the new source of funding? It makes me cringe knowing that some if not most of those Cali plates belong to people that are going to vote for the same crap slowly turning Utah into Cali. Where do I move to next? Cali is out. Colorado, another former home is out. I don't want to go colder, so much of the north is out. Liberals are drawn to big water it seems so most coastal states are out. I stayed for a month or so in Salina Kansas once many years back and the flatness drove me crazy. I guess Wyoming might be an option except, well it's not exactly a booming state. Texas? Maybe somewhere in Northern Texas. Or is that the liberal part of Texas?

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-09-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2018 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I dont know where to go either. I can afford it here but kill myself to. Dont like crazy cold or hot, like to be near water. I love it here the weathers great no rain. But the people here make it suck, traffic too it takes me an hour to go 12 miles any time of day. Thought about texas or OK, love oregon but its crazy there. People r crazy and they really hate californians. I remember a bit on the morning news about the cali exodus and in oregon the first night theyre priuses got trashed n spray painted go home californinans. That cracks me up every time I think about it.
Is there a state, easily defensible and full of sane people?
Can we make one somewheres?

shem
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in the Palau Republic about 7000 miles from home plus I didn't vote absentee--my trip was to take a teaching job and I didn't take the time to vote. My bad but at least I am honest--to a point. ("No, Mom, I didn't break that window pane." Said with fingers crossed)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock