Tesla, Profitable by MadMark
Started on: 10-26-2018 03:14 PM
Replies: 18 (371 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-28-2018 07:45 PM
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2018 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it looks like Elon Mush has turned a corner. According to this report Tesla is profitable this quarter. Congratulations to Tesla.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10...la-profit/index.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2018 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has said he expected 3rd and 4th quarters to show profit. That will probably be helped when he tones down all the expansion for a while. I do know theres another battery and another car plant, in the eastern US planned in the not too distant future. The stock does do some wide swings, but like for the year its run a pretty consistent average. Low was like $245 and high was $387, and now at $335. $335 is quite a bit more than the $185 i paid.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Musk's Buffalo plant is almost empty and they put up walls inside of the plant to prevent reporters from seeing the emptiness. $750 million in public money spent on this.

https://www.breitbart.com/t...ed-production-lines/
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats ok. Here in California, he is kicking ass with his sales. I cannot tell you how many new Tesla's I see being transported daily across the central valley as well as new cars on the road. They are so common here that you can almost look in any direction and see at least one.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently Tesla is finally understanding how to manufacture cars more efficiently. Currently the Tesla body and frame are more complex than needed which makes their manufacture more expensive. Plus they use much higher quality and technologically advanced parts. However, they began taking steps to simplify the assembly process which helped cut costs. They still have a long way to go before they can produce a car as quickly as GM or Ford. And they have way too many workers per car produced.

Edit: Take a look at this video as it explains some things better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj1a8rdX6DU

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 11-22-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Teslas and priuss' are everywhere around here. Very often I see 2 or 3 of the same car in a row or within a few feet of each other. Very often same colors too. Was thinkin about gettin some tesla stock, just dont know when to jump in

I hate prius drivers

shem
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Teslas and priuss' are everywhere around here. Very often I see 2 or 3 of the same car in a row or within a few feet of each other. Very often same colors too. Was thinkin about gettin some tesla stock, just dont know when to jump in

I hate prius drivers

shem

I drive a Prius man.

I love the car, hate how everyone treats me in it, to the point where I do the "No****sGiven" driving anymore in it. I'll pull out in front of you in traffic, I'll be wherever I want to be because people go out of their way to cut me off for some reason, tailgate me.... I've had people I pass at 80 MPH work to pass me back and cut me off for no reason at all. I've had people in the middle of nowhere flip me off as I drove by, I've had several of the small penis club work their way up to me in order to blow black smoke on me.

My wife loves the car too, but won't drive it anymore because of the way people act around it (same as above.)

People are aholes.

Brad
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

I drive a Prius man.

I love the car, hate how everyone treats me in it, to the point where I do the "No****sGiven" driving anymore in it. I'll pull out in front of you in traffic, I'll be wherever I want to be because people go out of their way to cut me off for some reason, tailgate me.... I've had people I pass at 80 MPH work to pass me back and cut me off for no reason at all. I've had people in the middle of nowhere flip me off as I drove by, I've had several of the small penis club work their way up to me in order to blow black smoke on me.

My wife loves the car too, but won't drive it anymore because of the way people act around it (same as above.)

People are aholes.

Brad

Interesting, the same thing happens to me when I'm transporting with either one of my Dodge Rams.......

But, I do agree with your last statement. Not all but most when they get behind the wheel of their chosen cage.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 11-24-2018).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I drive a Prius man.

People are aholes.

Brad

It's actually funny to hear and see the difference in driving patterns based on location. Shem lives about 1.5 hours from me in the heart of the Bay Area and Silicon Valley. There, the drivers are complete stuck up pricks and Prius drivers do indeed think they own the highways. They will sit in the fast lane doing 60 instead of 65. I used to live in all that crap until 3 years ago when I moved out to the central valley. Now out here, I live right on Hwy 5 which is the main highway from San Diego to Oregon. Prius drivers out here fly by me doing easily 80 to 85mph. No concern for fuel economy, just point A to point B at any cost. I don't miss the Bay Area one bit.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
I don't miss the Bay Area one bit.

I miss the weather, it's snowing here...
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad's Blues

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I miss the weather, it's snowing here...

It's been raining on and off since Wednesday and is supposed to continue through next week.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I drive a Prius man.

People are aholes.

Brad

I find just the opposite most of the time. I have had one pull out of a gas station right in front of my then zig zag across both lanes doing 20 miles an hour. I finally got to pass just in time to turn in and get lunch.
They are every where here in CA and the drivers are some of the worse, well most of the drivers here should call an uber.
I give people room when I drive and I expect the same. If you want over just put on your blinker and I will let you in. But if you cut me off then you can bet I will treat you the same next time we come together in traffic.
Most of the time people are just not paying attention. It is not exclusive to the car they drive.

I have to do 5 things to slow down where those on auto pilot just lift a foot and move it to the other peddle. Now they are making it so one peddle does both!!! I hope for the most part that self driving cars come sooner than later to southern CA
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:[/B I hope for the most part that self driving cars come sooner than later to southern CA

Let me know how that works out. As I tell potential customers that want me to travel through California. It's an additional $1K if I have to cross into California. It simply isn't worth it to me.

Rams
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not all prius drivers are retards for sure, but most are around here. I look out for other people if theyre going faster than me I get outta the way or make sure they have room to pass. What people here do- especially prius drivers do- if they see you coming up next to them faster theyll just get in front of you, even if the rest of the freeways empty. All kindsa dumb **** they do on purpose. Honestly tho, everytime I see somebody doing some dumb sh!t on the road 9 times outta 10 its a prius or a woman driving, usually like no one else is driving or even alive on the planet. Its rare but I have been passed a few times in a prius and I say you go man! I dont go outta my way to fu@k w anybody, just dont have the time im in a rush. So many times the whole freeway is doing 50 because theres a row of priuses going the same speed w a million pissed off people behind them. Yeah driving here fu@king suxx.

shem
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2018 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Let me know how that works out. As I tell potential customers that want me to travel through California. It's an additional $1K if I have to cross into California. It simply isn't worth it to me.

Rams

I guess you wont be bringing me this?

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 11-25-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill use my motorhomes for daily drivers before Id ever own a Prius.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I guess you wont be bringing me this?

Well Jake, that would be totally up to you.
I've had a gent asking me to go to CA for the last six months and retrieve a 69 Roadrunner. When he comes up with the cash, I'll head west.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 11-28-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Thats ok. Here in California, he is kicking ass with his sales. I cannot tell you how many new Tesla's I see being transported daily across the central valley as well as new cars on the road. They are so common here that you can almost look in any direction and see at least one.

Here in the central California area I see more Tesla than classic Beatles. I even work with a few people who now drive them. I think it is maybe 6 Tesla now at work. And a few of the owners have forced the employer to install chargers, of coarse against there will.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock