Started on: 09-18-2018 02:45 PM
Replies: 9 (340 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 09-26-2018 11:28 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This afternoons news says Musk is sending his latest rocket to the moon with a Japanese millionaire and a few friends. They will be the first public passengers to go up. No experimenting or projects planned just a nice ride in space for a week or so.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-18-2018 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awwww.... I saw the thread title and thought Alice had finally gotten it !
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2018 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2018 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a shame that's what so many have jumped on that moment the past week or so. He didn't hafta do it. Two glasses of hooch and about two hours of interviewing and then being offered it...then he didn't even really inhale. As he said, he isn't into that stuff because it basically slows him down...

The guy's no family man, and may be a monster, (or not) but he understands the importance of PLAY. Explore, push things forward, and DO IT FOR FUN. I agree with that.

Keep on "having fun", Elon!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2018 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting analysis.
At least as it related to bureaucracy.

language warning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2018 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

An interview from 2013

Some things I like about Elon is his thinking outside the box, brainstorming, thinking long term, focusing, not being distracted much by other people's opinions, speaking honestly.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2018 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

OK, so what, he smoked on a joint. from what ive seen here, half of you on the forum smoke it. Its also legal now in most states as far as I know. Whats that got to do with anything ? Pretty much everything hes ever said before has been done or close to it. So the stock dropped 10% when he smoked on camera. Its already back up to $300...not to mention hes gotten orders for a lot more semis in the last week. Theyre priced about the same as a conventional semi truck at $130k to $180k...and with a conventional one, you still have to pay another $25k and up for a trailer.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2018 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

OK, so what, he smoked on a joint. from what ive seen here, half of you on the forum smoke it. Its also legal now in most states as far as I know.

NOPE

Not even close to "most states" for recreational use such as Musk engaged in.

By the way roger, "Everyone else does it" should have stopped being an excuse after you were 15 years old.

It's also odd how some of you can't resist idolizing and almost deifying Musk.

I guess fanboys just have to fanboy....

Tesla Is Said to Be Subpoenaed by S.E.C. Over Elon Musk Tweet

https://www.nytimes.com/201...ubpoena-goldman.html

https://www.marketwatch.com...2018-08-15-171034414

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-20-2018).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2018 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

OK, so what, he smoked on a joint. from what ive seen here, half of you on the forum smoke it. Its also legal now in most states as far as I know. Whats that got to do with anything ? Pretty much everything hes ever said before has been done or close to it. So the stock dropped 10% when he smoked on camera. Its already back up to $300...not to mention hes gotten orders for a lot more semis in the last week. Theyre priced about the same as a conventional semi truck at $130k to $180k...and with a conventional one, you still have to pay another $25k and up for a trailer.

There are rules regarding drug use and government contracts, this is the area that Musk/SpaceX might have a real problem...

Joe
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There his, and im sure he could really give a crap...he dont need the US government to run Space X. They might be able to use FAA power to restrict his launches, but he can just move them out of the US or offshore and do as he pleases.

I dont keep up too much with pot news, and I could be wrong, but pretty sure most places now dont give a crap about personal use of it. If its illegal for recreational use, not that big a deal to get a medical use deal. Most being correct...30 states legalized for medical use and 9 for recreational. Over half qualifies as 'most'. One of my biggest customers in car business just took over the biggest growing operation in Mich a few months ago and has been working for a year to get it done in Ohio too. Hes already got some facilities set up here...ive been to one myself...just waiting for Ohio to stop dragging its feet on the permits. I dont use it myself and never have, and think its stupid and waste of money to use it, but i live and let live as long as its not affecting me personally. Its just like drinking and drunks as far as im concerned. Thats about all I can argue on the subject since all of it is unimportant to me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock