Started on: 09-17-2018 06:03 AM
Replies: 5 (152 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 09-26-2018 10:23 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-17-2018 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Samsung blue ray smart home theater.

What this wonder of smartness has started doing is messing with the sound.

Theater speakers work fine for you tube or Netflix or whatever, but I can only get certain channels out of them if I play a disc (might get background music but no voices, or gunfire but no music, ECT)

BUT, if I switch it over to TV speakers the audio is fine on disc.

It's gotta be a setting or update that's messed up and I've been through everything I can find.

Any ideas ?...I mean besides pitching it off the balcony in frustration.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try changing the HDMI cable.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try unplug from 120vac and leave it unplug 1 to 5 minutes then plug back in. Soft power off on front/remote does not = fully off. Hard unplug will force many to dump capacitor etc and go full dark. More so if you have iffy power that you might not see a blink but power supply(ies) sees blown out or even blackout lasting a few cycles.

Try reset but will cause you need to login to netflix etc.
Many IoT devices like disk players have reset(s) just to fix problems you can't find a cause.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bad part about flat screens getting thinner is they kill the speakers, and since speakers are so weak, no need for nicer amps. I love Samsungs myself, have them all over the house and both rvs. None of them have sound worth a crap. None of them get any louder past mid volume. I have to have soundbars to hear half of them. I have a little 10" ac/dc tv thats louder than any of the 32" ones.
gtjoe

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have a center channel speaker connected to the system?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. I am setup with all 5 speakers in a row on a shelf above the TV and the sub on the floor beside it.

The whole head scratcher is it only does it on disk, not streaming.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock