Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The "Russia-gate' investigation has at least broken even and may be turning a $proft

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The "Russia-gate' investigation has at least broken even and may be turning a $proft by rinselberg
Started on: 09-14-2018 09:35 PM
Replies: 17 (389 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 10-11-2018 08:54 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a government program that pays for itself--and may have already moved to the 'black' (profit) side of the ledger, in terms of fattening up the federal government's piggy bank?

"Analysis: Manafort deal could wipe out Trump cost complaint"
Philip Bump for the Washington Post; reprinted by the (San Jose) Mercury News; September 14, 2018.
https://www.mercurynews.com...rump-cost-complaint/

... as journalist Marcy Wheeler pointed out on her personal site, the Mueller probe may have just paid for itself. Why? Because part of the plea agreement reached between Mueller and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort includes forfeiture of certain property to the government. While it’s unclear how much value will be extracted from that forfeiture, there’s reason to think it could more than pay for what Mueller’s incurred so far. . . .

I guess the President and his supporters could well adopt the slogan "The Russia Witch Hunt must be stopped right now--while it's still in the 'black'."

Perhaps the Special Counsel's public report--if there is one coming around the corner--will be labeled a Prospectus, with estimates of Future Earnings. How about going with an Initial Public Offering? What's the PE Ratio? NYSE or NASDAQ..?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-14-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is so much wrong with this, I hardly know where to begin. Not the least of which is that the concept of government garnering profit is absolutely obscene.

Some of the offenses for which Manafort was convicted involved depriving the government of revenue. Others defrauded private citizens. If these convictions are legitimate, any windfall should go to make the citizens, both private and collectively (as in We the People) whole.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-14-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2018 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are libs like Patrick when the repeated hate post occur? One wonders... 🍌🍯💦
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The absolute TRUTH of the matter is that;

Ronald doesn't give a crap about the money

Ronald doesn't give a crap about Paul Manafort

Ronald doesn't give a crap about the Washington Post

Ronald is only psychotically consumed with hating TRUMP and TROLLING this forum.

#OptiBoard

#timeforRonaldtogo

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-14-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2018 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

There is so much wrong with this, I hardly know where to begin. Not the least of which is that the concept of government garnering profit is absolutely obscene.

Some of the offenses for which Manafort was convicted involved depriving the government of revenue. Others defrauded private citizens. If these convictions are legitimate, any windfall should go to make the citizens, both private and collectively (as in We the People) whole.

When I said "fatten up the federal piggy bank" I was actually thinking "reduce the federal budget deficit by 0.00000421 percent." Or some other barely discernible fraction.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Where are libs like Patrick when the repeated hate post occur? One wonders... 🍌🍯💦

MUCH..?

Not too far back (maybe a couple or three weeks) I posted here that I have no particular expectation that the next public "reveal" from the Mueller probe will be any kind of negative or setback for President Trump & co. Maybe. Maybe not.

I don't want to take the time to figure out where it was (Topic), but that is how I described my expectations, in so many words.

I thought it might have been here, but it must have been part of some other Topic.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-09-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

MUCH..?

Not too far back (maybe a couple or three weeks) I posted here that I have no particular expectation that the next public "reveal" from the Mueller probe will be any kind of negative or setback for President Trump & co. Maybe. Maybe not.

I don't want to take the time to figure out where it was (Topic), but that is how I described my expectations, in so many words.

I thought it might have been here, but it must have been part of some other Topic.

If anything comes out of the investigation that helps Trump, you can bet that the left will claim that Rosenstein made a deal to keep his job, on the way to Orlando. They know that airplanes are where real dirty deals are made because that is what kept Hillary out of jail and how we ended up with Obamacare.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-09-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno. Maybe it was a setup. Rod Rosenstein could have been wearing a wire when he was on the plane the other day with the President.

Noooo... that's too crazy to even think about.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dunno. Maybe it was a setup. Rod Rosenstein could have been wearing a wire when he was on the plane the other day with the President.

Noooo... that's too crazy to even think about.

In this day and age, nothing is too crazy. A lot has happened in the last few years that I would not have believed, ten years ago.

There are days when I could believe that we are reliving the sixties if it were not for the fact that the music sucks.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-09-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(snip)

There are days when I could believe that we are reliving the sixties if it were not for the fact that the music sucks.

That's just too good to not repeat!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh. I thought you were talking about the Muelller investigation.

That gravy train for leftist is costing American taxpayers $2 million a month.

These Dem lawyers must like seeing them shiny Mercedes in their driveways and European ski vacations, because they don't wan that easy money to stop.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2018 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am talkin' 'bout the Mueller investigation. The charges against former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort were drawn up and prosecuted in federal court by investigators and attorneys directtly assigned to the Mueller investigation. All in the Original Post here at the top.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2018 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it turns out that the FISA warrant was obtained under false pretext, it could get interesting on several fronts, including remuneration from the government to those who have been prosecuted and stripped of assets.
Is it right that the taxpayers are dinged for the bill, or would it be more appropriate for the DNC to provide compensation?

Inquiring minds want to know....
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2018 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am talkin' 'bout the Mueller investigation.

Somebody mix a little moonshine in your Chablis there, boy?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-11-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2018 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

If it turns out that the FISA warrant was obtained under false pretext, it could get interesting on several fronts, including remuneration from the government to those who have been prosecuted and stripped of assets.
Is it right that the taxpayers are dinged for the bill, or would it be more appropriate for the DNC to provide compensation?

If the DNC had to pay, those defendants are out of luck. The DNC is nearly broke and would likely be the first major political party in U.S. history to file bankruptcy.

....and that would be cause for celebration for weeks!

Despite their recent fundraising, the DNC is blowing through their cash like a drunk sailor on shore leave and they still have approx. $8-10M in unpaid debt.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-11-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2018 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Can you post any recent articles on this or updates? All I can find are old.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 10-11-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2018 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would like to enter the following, as evidence.

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2018 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get Me Roger Stone

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock