Fatherless by 2.5
Started on: 09-13-2018 03:22 PM
Replies: 18 (449 views)
Last post by: RotrexFiero on 09-29-2018 11:57 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its too long check out just the last half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1xf78EltKM

This seems to show that fatherlessness and broken families are one of the largest problems in society.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-13-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LBJ created welfare and welfare caused the proliferation of single parent homes. This is one of the two biggest reasons I will always hate (yes, hate) LBJ.
LBJ destroyed America, all Obama had to do was sew up the loose ends.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-13-2018).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

LBJ created welfare and welfare caused the proliferation of single parent homes. This is one of the two biggest reasons I will always hate (yes, hate) LBJ.
LBJ destroyed America, all Obama had to do was sew up the loose ends.

Just another way to make slaves out of the poor. And then promote Abortion to decrease those same poor people.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Men have been in crisis for a while.

Most men aren't men but only little boys in big bodies. These little boys then try to raise their children, who again are never able to mature into real men. How can they without a role model or someone to show them how?

We cant blame others for our lack of maturity. It's something we all have to own, and make an effort to address in our own lives.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there is no responsible, mature male role model. A group of boys end up like "Lord of the Flies".
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

Men have been in crisis for a while.

Most men aren't men but only little boys in big bodies. These little boys then try to raise their children, who again are never able to mature into real men. How can they without a role model or someone to show them how?

What is a "real man"?

I mean that in all honesty as I believe the defining characteristics may be different to different individuals. Some may think that a guy that can quote you rules and regulations for various sports and spend many hours following their favorite sports on ESPN, makes a "man". Others will say the person who can tear down a engine and put it back together utilizing many waking moments trying to do so, a "man" makes. Some I'm sure would say it's the dictates of their profession and the years dedicated to it's pursuit at the sacrifice of familial relations, as the defining "man" characteristic. Others may go on to say providing for their family with some boring mundane occupation while spending their evenings on Xbox live playing Halo with their friends, is how a "man" should be judged.

I say nay to them all, as I would say they are the aforementioned little boy's in big bodies. For me a man is one who puts the needs of his family before it's wants and their wants before his. Note I said "it's needs" as a family needs a man hale if he is to do what a man should.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

What is a "real man"?

I mean that in all honesty as I believe the defining characteristics may be different to different individuals. Some may think that a guy that can quote you rules and regulations for various sports and spend many hours following their favorite sports on ESPN, makes a "man". Others will say the person who can tear down a engine and put it back together utilizing many waking moments trying to do so, a "man" makes. Some I'm sure would say it's the dictates of their profession and the years dedicated to it's pursuit at the sacrifice of familial relations, as the defining "man" characteristic. Others may go on to say providing for their family with some boring mundane occupation while spending their evenings on Xbox live playing Halo with their friends, is how a "man" should be judged.

I say nay to them all, as I would say they are the aforementioned little boy's in big bodies. For me a man is one who puts the needs of his family before it's wants and their wants before his. Note I said "it's needs" as a family needs a man hale if he is to do what a man should.

I know that if I look around at any protests of late I don't see many men. Lots of little boys throwing a tantrum.

Brad
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

If its too long check out just the last half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1xf78EltKM

This seems to show that fatherlessness and broken families are one of the largest problems in society.

I didn't need a survey to see this. Have seen women that know how to play the system too. Get pregnant, ditch the guy, collect money, repeat.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Originally posted by Fats:

I know that if I look around at any protests of late I don't see many men. Lots of little boys throwing a tantrum.

Brad

Ain't that the truth. Makes you want to just bitchslap them but that would only make the b!tch cry.

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 09-14-2018).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Ain't that the truth. Makes you want to just bitchslap them but that would only make the b!tch cry.

Can’t argue with you all on this as I have the same sentiment regarding that.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We cant blame others for our lack of maturity. It's something we all have to own, and make an effort to address in our own lives.

This is how all greater change or improvement happens, first with ones self. It branches out from there.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-17-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2018 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is a "real man"?

All these guys that make sports watching a priority or playing video games any longer than to set them up for children are questionable for being fully adults in my eyes. It is in the balance that people need to find a good relationship with their family, earn enough to house and feed those they are responsible to, and find enough leisure to not go mad.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2018 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is a "real man"?

If

By Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's Don (Maryjane, ironically) when you need him. Best role model I've seen since my Dad passed.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Makes you wonder what has happened, or is happening to men?

I don't think this is a political talking point, because I feel that, as some have mentioned, we have done ourselves wrong.

We use to be the heros, able to take pain, never complained, rescued and sacrificed ourselves for others, our friends, families, our communities, and nations. We were the knights (in shining armor), great kings, leaders, both political and religious.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Makes you wonder what has happened, or is happening to men?

I don't think this is a political talking point, because I feel that, as some have mentioned, we have done ourselves wrong.

We use to be the heros, able to take pain, never complained, rescued and sacrificed ourselves for others, our friends, families, our communities, and nations. We were the knights (in shining armor), great kings, leaders, both political and religious.

Well, by and large I'd say this happened towards the beginning of the problem: Men and women stopped staying married, and then we stopped getting married. This caused a lot of issues.
Government does reward single parents, so as far as that goes it is likley political.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to agree that there are outside forces at play, but then I have to believe we are each individually free to make choices in life.

It's much more personal, as when I talk to men I don't hear them mentioning all these external forces at play, but just stupidity.

I guess we have to be taught to be men, but who's teaching that anymore?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would like to agree that there are outside forces at play, but then I have to believe we are each individually free to make choices in life.

For sure we are.
It would be great if there were in turn, more individual consequences.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant think of a greater consequence of fathering a child and never providing, supporting, or caring for that child (and their mother).

How many boys resent their fathers?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock