NICU volunteer donates a million dollars to local baby unit by 2.5
Started on: 09-13-2018 09:40 AM
Replies: 2 (102 views)
Last post by: FriendGregory on 09-13-2018 09:05 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"...Eighty-one-year-old Louis Mapp started rocking babies inside the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) a year and a half ago. Every Tuesday, he would rock, feed, or burp, any baby who needed loving arms. The NICU regularly asks volunteers to rock babies whose parents can't be there 24 hours per day. Quickly, Mapp became addicted to the snuggles.

"I love to look at their expressions when I rock them. This one is smiling at me right now, and it just makes your day to do that," Mapp said.

Mapp is very impressed by the medical staff in the NICU. The nurses and support staff help thousands of babies every year thrive. He's heard countless stories from parents who are so grateful for the unit.

Everyone, including Nurse Manager, Renee Rogers, was shocked by Mapp's donation.

"For him to come with his time alone is fabulous, but then the donation! It was massively surprising," Rogers said.

Mapp says he was happy to give the money to a place that "has his heart."

"We wanted something long after we are gone, something to support these precious people and their families," Mapp said.

Mapp and his wife only had one stipulation for how the money would be spent. They wanted the medical staff on the floor to make the decision about where it would go. Right now, they have decided to purchase Leo Beds. These are beds for the tiniest babies. These are babies who weigh less than a pound, up until about a pound and a half. These beds are $50,000 a piece. The entire million dollars has been placed in an endowment, and a portion of it will be used in the NICU every year."

https://www.wkrg.com/news/w...baby-unit/1425890649

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-13-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a great story! Thanks for sharing!
FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool story. It is right in line with what I express to people. Find your passion, support it. When you find that you should have more money than you need, donate it!
I hear Warren Buffet is planning to fund the Bill Gates charity. I wonder how that looks like in trading and money movement there is enough money to shock the stock market.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock