Started on: 09-12-2018 05:22 PM
Replies: 7 (255 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 09-14-2018 04:51 PM
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do we have anything to worry about here?

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-12-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno. People who aren't already versed on Article 13 may like to have some background on it.
https://www.theverge.com/20...ticle-11-13-approved

Whereas...
"Critics of the Copyright Directive say these provisions are disastrous."

Nevertheless...
"However, those backing these provisions say the arguments [above] are the result of scaremongering by big US tech companies, eager to keep control of the web’s biggest platforms."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-12-2018).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a little disappointed in you Ron. You've done great at being careful that you're citing your sources and using quotation. However thanks to article 11 and 13, Cliff could be held responsible for any intentional or unintentional copyright violations. It's unclear if it applies to previous violations, if so, that alone could put an end to PFF and just deleting OT probably wouldn't be enough.

In article 13 and 11, the language is unclear, there are undefined exemptions and new restrictions on content that can be shared like the ones Ron shared above. It's very possible the amount of the text you just quoted could be enough to get Cliff fined because you've used too much material from the link. At this point we don't know how much is allowed to be quoted and if Cliff will be exempt.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-13-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has to be approved by a second vote, set for January 2019. Then the implementation of it devolves to the various nations of the EU, which may not all be on the same page (so to speak) about exactly what it does or does not allow.

Maybe Cliff would be able to have an exemption for this website. It's mentioned in the report that I linked (above) from "The Verge". I'm just reading between the lines, but maybe Cliff would be able to have an exemption for the same reason that GitHub and Wikipedia are exempted from Article 13. According to what I see there at "The Verge".

Theoretically...

Application for exemption from EU Article 13

Reason:
I (Cliff) am not using this site to generate income for myself. I only solicit donations and have popup ads to offset my operating expenditures. This is a non-commercial website.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Theoretically...

Application for exemption from EU Article 13

Reason:
I (Cliff) am not using this site to generate income for myself. I only solicit donations and have popup ads to offset my operating expenditures. This is a non-commercial website.

I don't know how non profit stuff works in the Netherlands but if it's anything like here, it wouldn't work that way. It's really going to depend on who is going to be exempt and who isn't.

If Cliff is lucky he'll be exempt as is.

Also, the Verge is incredibly biased, they know it's going to be incredibly easy to use article 11 and 13 to censor independent political commentators on YouTube and facebook.

The 2nd vote is expected to pass.

I know it's not going to happen but it would be great if a big company like Google or Facebook simply blocked service to the EU.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-13-2018).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In a world where we cant have a "Superbowl" potluck party at work, we have to call it a "football" party...

...all bets are off.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

In a world where we cant have a "Superbowl" potluck party at work, we have to call it a "football" party...

...all bets are off.

Just like the Chicago radio stations that can't say "Cubs" unless its during the news.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2018 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is how the globalist scum work.

Basically, using Cliff and PFF as pawns to hold us hostage and force thier will on sovereign nation's outside the EU. Comply or the Fiero gets it : facepalm:

Time for zero tolerance for them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock