"Fascinating yet impractical" by 2.5
Started on: 09-05-2018 01:23 PM
Replies: 7 (282 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-17-2018 02:12 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Profanity warning)

The last half is better than the first, in the beginning he seems to be just talking semantics.

At some point it is just fascinating yet impractical, yes. One can take anything to an extreme.

But I get the point I think, which might be, don't let your thought get too blindly boxed in by other peoples structures.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-05-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2018 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is related.

I'm like this guest in a way in regards to talking about "free will". About it being boring, and being more about "words".

Its really only 13 minutes long, not sure why he puts the song at the end.
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2018 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i watch Rogan's podcast all the time, really enjoy it. Did you see the new one with Elon Musk? Was really fascinating.

His conversation with Jordan Peterson is one of my favorites (they have done two now together i think)..

I listen to Peterson's lectures often. I find him fascinating as well.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

i watch Rogan's podcast all the time, really enjoy it. Did you see the new one with Elon Musk? Was really fascinating.

His conversation with Jordan Peterson is one of my favorites (they have done two now together i think)..

I listen to Peterson's lectures often. I find him fascinating as well.

I dig both of their stuff. With Rogan it all depends on if the guest is interesting.
I think I saw Elon, though if I cant remember, I might check again

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
Nope I hadn’t seen it. Far worth the watch. (If someone can embed the youtube version please do, I couldn’t today. Or even post it in its own thread, which I may later if not.)

From 12 mins, they talk about AI.

I agree with Elon AI is a very real danger. It’s a tool, and we will use it for what we think are good and bad things, even though I don’t think we understand the risks, and effects.
“…one thing is for sure we will not control it.”

The vid: profanity warning
https://www.bing.com/videos...524AC82&&FORM=VRDGAR

I don’t want it. I don’t need AI.

"Down the rabbit hole"

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-12-2018).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
The talk of our reality being a simulation, to me is silly in some ways.

Other than if you compare it to the belief that when we die our soul goes on.
In a way of looking at it, then in fact this is in a way a simulation, that will have an end, but still reality.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-12-2018).]

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Search Of on Friday nites, did a show a few weeks ago on AI and it was very good. I learned a whole lot. For example they are working on robots that can build improved versions of themselves, without any human input. They also will be able to diagnose and repair themselves, like being sent to Mars to build a habitat for humans.

https://www.history.com/sho...f/season-1/episode-4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

In Search Of on Friday nites, did a show a few weeks ago on AI and it was very good. I learned a whole lot. For example they are working on robots that can build improved versions of themselves, without any human input. They also will be able to diagnose and repair themselves, like being sent to Mars to build a habitat for humans.

https://www.history.com/sho...f/season-1/episode-4

Does it sound like a bad idea to you?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock